PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror Cosplay

Nikitsuki
08-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, to anyone in the Massachusetts area who likes Rocky Horror, there's a live showing on the 8th of August in Danvers Mass. I'm going to be cosplaying as Janet Weiss (hopefully). I think you have to be over the age of 16 to get in. The showing also starts at midnight and probably gets over at around 3am.
If anyone's interested in going then reply and I'll give you more info!

Serria
08-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Yay! Cheers for Rocky Horror! XD Have fun...!

Nikitsuki
08-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks. ^^ I'm going as Janet hopefully... But thanks again!

Claireon
08-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Isn't that the Tesseracte cast? Don't they play about every week?
Well, have fun! Spread the Rocky love ~_^

Nikitsuki
08-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Yes it was the Tesseracte Cast. ^^ They play once a month but next month (september), they're doing it twice. Friday and Saturday of the 2nd week (or 3rd week) of the month. ^^
I went and I had a blast. I couldn't finish my janet cosplay costume in time. :( but Hopefully I'll be able to finish it later. ^^ Maybe for another show. I have unlimited time.

Nikitsuki
08-14-2003, 12:19 AM
OMG!!! I saw you at AB2K3!!! Your Alien Nine costume was kick ass!! ^^;; I was Dejiko. buuuut! ^^ Have you gone to the Danvers one?

Osiris N
08-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Mannnnnn, I loves Rocky. I have been part of the Bremerton cast for almost 4 years now! I never had to cross dress once, neither! ^_^ (I was able to sneak my way outta it. Hehehhehe) I know, I'm silly.

Claireon
08-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Awww, thanks so much! :D
I've been to the Danvers show all of.... one time, when my campus cast was taking a field trip. :p I've also been performing with the NYC cast for the summer... but have to leave for skool next week. ^_^

Michi
08-18-2003, 11:51 PM
A perfect Dr. Frank-N-Furter, all outfits, is my dream. :p

AmazonPrincess
08-19-2003, 02:51 AM
Whereas for me, it'd be Magenta. *^_^*

Susumari
09-13-2003, 12:49 AM
hmm i wouldn't know who i'd want to be from RH. Mayb one time i would actually want to reveal anything. lol. oh! AmazonPrincess I love your signature..

...u ain't no friend of mine...

Ali
09-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Rocky Horror... gotta love that movie. I've been to see it countless times in theatres, but I've yet to make a costume. As soon as I decide between Magenta, Frank, and Janet, I'll try to get something made. :)

j-chan
09-13-2003, 11:32 PM
there is no better sweet sixteenth than going with some friends to a midnight showing of rocky horror dressed up in ghetto costumes. i was ghetto magenta, y0. the apron was one of my dad's old white t-shirts- i sewed it up in chorus the day of the showing. @_@; it's a habit that lingers to this day.

neverless, we looked darn cool. my friend molly went as a translyvanian. XD

i want to dress as columbia in her cute little pjs with the mickey mouse ears. <3 that and make a nice, non-ghetto magenta. heck, i'd love to going as frank if i could. :b frank kicks butt.

everybody, sing it with me! "it's just a juuump to the left~!" :DD

daria_jack
09-15-2003, 11:02 AM
OMG I really, really, really wanna cosplay any outfit from it, don't care which one I love them all. And for all you doing it, good luck it's gonna kick ass

Necron99
10-13-2003, 01:55 AM
Rocky Horror isn't cosplay,,, It's just cult following.

Volksen
10-13-2003, 03:23 AM

I beg to differ. Sure the movie has a huge cult following. Cosplay is one of the aspects that the followers participate in. In fact some of the best cosplaying I have seen has been by people at a RHPS showing. A lot of the people who dress up completely take the personality of the character and not just wear the outfit.

I've got half of my Eddie outfit done complete with sax :)
The cast that does it locally here is very unpredicatable but I think that it has a lot to do with the theatre as well.

Nikitsuki
10-13-2003, 08:27 AM
If you knew anything at all about cosplay then you'd know that anything where you dress up as another character, be it anime or movies, is considered cosplay.

I do agree with you though that it is a cult. ^^

I was trying to do a janet outfit but that kinda fell through. DAMN. ^^;; All I really need is her dress, maybe a hat and the white lacy under skirt. ^^;;

Michi
10-13-2003, 10:45 AM

So is cosplay. :p

Jade-Angel
10-13-2003, 12:37 PM
I would SO go as Columbia...I have the hair for it. *giggles* Unfortunatly, I'm giving a speech the night that it's showing here, (No midnight show! :( ) so since I'll have to race from class to the theatre, no cool dress-up for me. *wails piteously*

Nikitsuki
10-13-2003, 06:39 PM
awwww. *cling*

Spiffy
10-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Rocky Horror is my LIFEBLOOD.

...mmkay, not really, but I loves it to no end and stuff. There's a theater about 2 hours away from me that has shows every Friday at midnight (or Saturday, depending on how you look at it~), and I've seen them twice. I wanna go more, but I'm lacking of a car/driver's liscence/adult I'm willing to go with. Warg.

...I dressed up as Magenta for Halloween in 7th grade. It was PEACHY.