PDA

View Full Version : Asuka Magazine

totalanimeotaku
08-04-2003, 02:07 PM
geez it's big! Just bought the August edition yesterday... lol... no way am I counting all the pages in this book @_@ went onto animenation.com to see how much they charge for one book : $9.95 (basically $10) and I paid (final price): : $6.06... cover price is 550 yen... i think that's like 3 or 4 dollars... it came w/ planner refils... dang i wish i lived in japan... can't wait until I'm old enough to go to my city's sister city over in Japan :D

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
08-05-2003, 12:54 AM
yah! those japanese manga mag rocks!
I buy ribon and nakayoshi. I wish i can get asuka sometime too coz it seems many kool manga titles run in that
but the bookstore i get it from doesn't have it ~>_<~ sobs

Lynzie
08-05-2003, 01:00 AM
I buy Ribon and Nakayoshi whenever I've got the money to spare, but it's not as often as I'd like. What's running in Asuka?

Chosuke
08-05-2003, 01:04 AM
I ALWAYS buy Asuka

Its my monthly habit xD

totalanimeotaku
08-05-2003, 01:35 PM
^^;; I gotta work on my japanese skills... gomen! >-< I dunno all the titles in there... lol, I buy it for the D.N. Angel

Kirschwasser
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Lynzie - You asked about what series are currently in Asuka? X, Gohou Drug, Oukoku no Kagi, and D.N.Angel are probably the more interesting stories in Asuka at the moment. I get Asuka beacuse Angelique and Ahiru No Ouji-sama were in it, but now that they ended...I'm sad. ;_; I hope Yura-sensei continues on with Angelique featuring Angelique Collet and Rachel. ^_^
totalanimeotaku - The magazine is 420 yen, so it's arond the $5 range.
I get all my shoujo manga magazines in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. Yeah, Asuka is pretty big, but Lala is a bigger magazine (and all of the art in it is good). I get Lala for Harukanaru Toki No Naka De, Kareshi Kanojou Jijou, Kaguya Hime, and Merupuri.
Hana to Yume is my favourite because God Child, Hanazakari no Kimitachi E, Fruits Basket, and Global Garden are in it. (Yay for God Child and Furuba!)
I only get Sho-Comi because Watase Yuu's series are always in the magazine. A lot of the stuff in the magazine are all those "love" stories and are a "ecchi".
Yeah, the furoku (freebies) in the magazines are great. I have a HUGE pile of furoku in my cabinet. They are so nice that I don't even want to use them. Well...I did use a Milk Crown Lovers bag when I was at AX this year...it came in handy. ^_^

totalanimeotaku
08-05-2003, 10:44 PM
^^ gah... if only someone would make an anime library... then life would b perfect... where do you buy Ribon?