PDA

View Full Version : Possible panel for AB 04

Koumori
08-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I am in the process of putting together a "Cosplay 101" panel for BAAF, and I'm thinking that if it's a success, I might like to repeat it at AB next year. It's an introductory panel for beginning cosplayers, covering such topics as what is cosplay, what is a masquerade/cosplay competition, how to choose a costume, how to look at a costume and see what might go into making it, basic sewing terminology, etc. If all goes well, I might be interested in having 1 or 2 other experienced cosplayers/seamstresses on the panel with me for a wider range of experience.

I'm looking for 1 or 2 EXPERIENCED cosplayers - due to the nature of the panel, it would be best if you've been sewing for 5 to 10 years and really know your sewing stuff. I don't have much experience/skill with accessories (gloves, shoes, wings, props, etc.) and it would be great if someone with a lot of experience in that area would like to share his/her views.

If interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Koumori
11-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Bumping this as I'm getting ready to submit my panel application, having learned a bit from the BAAF panel. I'm looking for a couple of experienced cosplayers who really know their stuff and are competent and confident in talking about it. My strength is in sewing, so I'm looking for people who can talk about:

-"thrift store" cosplay, modifying ready-made garments
-accessories
-wigs

blueNINE
11-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I'd just like to say that I wish you well in your panel. Although I wouldn't be able to assist you in it, I'm glad to see that people are getting ready for Anime Boston 2004. Perhaps I'll see you there.

hikura
11-09-2003, 09:44 PM
I do know that i wouldn't call myself an expert plus i doubt you could use my help but why not.I offer my knowledge on the accessories part(mainly props) and the thrift store cosplay(modifying ready made garments).Most of my costume that i have done and doing now would qualify me some what of an "expert".Since my sewing skills are not great.As for props i do consider myself(in my little own world lol) an expert and that is it.I personally made all my props including staves and other material weilded by me.I offer this and that is it.If i can help it is cool if not i understand and will not be insulted if refused.Cause i know i am just a beginner.