PDA

View Full Version : First time going to animazement...

twinkie
05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
So at the last minute (today) me and my boyfriend decided to venture to N.C next weekend to head to animazement. I never went because alot of my friends told me its less than 1,000 people and the location is very tiny (think smaller than AMA 08) and its nothing but mean furries everywhere so i never really got around to going.

this would be my 33rd convention overall, but what should i expect from it?plus, where are some hotels that arent booked around there? :angel2:

Shadowoffire123
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
1. I'm fairly certain there were a couple thousand people last year.
2. The new location for Animazement is at the Raleigh Convention Center (HUGE) http://www.raleighconvention.com/
3. It's actually a very friendly convention.

As for hotels, the Marriott and Sheraton are both booked, I believe, but they just added a new overflow hotel for $89.00 a night at the Clarion. http://www.animazement.org/index.php?page=hotelb

It's an awesome convention, and I do recommend going. =)

double00beaver
05-15-2009, 05:59 PM
We're a very friendly convention, everyone knows everyone, and we're having our first musical guests this year.

Last year, we had a LOT of people and I'm glad we got moved to the convention center which is quite large, and there's very little furries. If anyone really bothers you, just find staff. Same with any convention.

Regena
05-16-2009, 12:29 AM
ZOMG TWINKIE YOUR COMING ^_^

*Happy dance*

o01101011
05-16-2009, 12:32 AM
....Whatever they told you was a lie.

Animazement was around 4,000 if not more last year. It was at a hotel based center before, which is small compared to larger cons, but this year is going to be at the raleigh convention center which is a huge leap from past years. As for furries? whut? there were a few last year....and everyone at the convention is normally very nice unless provoked (which happens...)

If you use google maps you can find hotels around the RCC (raleigh convention center). Your best bet for unbooked hotels would be probably 3 or 4 blocks away.

twinkie
05-16-2009, 08:52 AM
yeah regena, im going! This was soooooooo last minute, and i have absolutely no clue who is going to be down there. Guess i'll just have to make new friends, which isnt hard. ^_^

yeah im guessing my friends told me a lie (they must have hated it) but im going to check it out for myself. It sounds like fun!

Regena
05-16-2009, 09:08 AM
yeah regena, im going! This was soooooooo last minute, and i have absolutely no clue who is going to be down there. Guess i'll just have to make new friends, which isnt hard. ^_^

yeah im guessing my friends told me a lie (they must have hated it) but im going to check it out for myself. It sounds like fun!
Myself will be amongst one of the familiar faces you know along with hentaigirl and aleathia. So you can hang out with us if you want. When are you arriving/departing?. Pm me ur cell....if u have one.

twinkie
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
oh yeah! well i know about 3 people then, but thats it lol. I want to make this con a good con, i havent been to one since summer 2008 -_-

can anyone tell me more about it? how the people are, etc?:toothy:

MissMina2
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
The people are soooooo friendly! After meeting a few people you can even feel like you've known a lot of them for years! Amazing cosplays everywhere you look! Staff is friendly as well.

Regena
05-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes, the ppl are friendly, and now that i been going for a while and gettin to know more ppl/expand my circle of friends. If so amazing...like it feels like a ginormous blended family. Its at the new con center this year....so that is a change, i cant tell you my views on that until well i see it/get a feel for it myself.

But in all i hope that this year will be EPIC.

gothicadam
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM
So at the last minute (today) me and my boyfriend decided to venture to N.C next weekend to head to animazement. I never went because alot of my friends told me its less than 1,000 people and the location is very tiny (think smaller than AMA 08) and its nothing but mean furries everywhere so i never really got around to going.

this would be my 33rd convention overall, but what should i expect from it?plus, where are some hotels that arent booked around there? :angel2:

Wow... who told u AZ was smaller then ama i think this years gonna be the biggest since they been and its in raleigh so thats a nice city and i dont think any con is really unfriendly

twinkie
05-16-2009, 10:36 AM
tyrone did -_-

now im super excited! i cant wait to see you all! if you spot us, please say hi or something lol

gothicadam
05-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Well u know me from facebook:XD and god tyrone wtf he said he liked the con...

twinkie
05-16-2009, 11:04 AM
he told me at AMA, he said "if you hate the size of this con (since it was in a very tiny hotel and had ALOT of people there), you should never go to animazement. Its like a size of a closet and theres furries everywhere lol"

Regena
05-16-2009, 09:15 PM
he told me at AMA, he said "if you hate the size of this con (since it was in a very tiny hotel and had ALOT of people there), you should never go to animazement. Its like a size of a closet and theres furries everywhere lol"

.....................................wtf?

twinkie
05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
......................................... lol. yes thats the truth, i swear by it.
but im going to AZ now. HURRAY!! ^_^

gothicadam
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Power to va cosplayers

Tigress
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
What?

No, really. WHAT?

AZ had 5,400 people in attendance last year. The hotel was too small to hold that many people comfortably, but the only reason we were still in the Sheraton last year was because the RCC wasn't finished yet. And while there are furries, they are extremely nice and cuddly.

And everyone's actually pretty nice. The con is like a huge family reunion.

gothicadam
05-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Thus AZ is not a little con idk why tyrone said that i thought he enjoyed it as he told me guess he must have been lying

RichmondAnimeCB
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey I tend to say things :p (I stand by the furries thing...I still got wounds lol) but nah I did like Animaze. Had some great panels, had a pool party after the DDR tourney, the other VG tourneys were great too (Brawl was borderline epic) and it was generally a really good con. Any con when I can get dragged into a hotel room and people demand I drink with them gets my instant stamp of approval haha. Met some really great people and yeah just a pretty chill weekend in general. Unfortunately I wont be joinin you kids this year, imma be in Japan ^_^ but yall represent the 804 for me, RVA for life. See yall all at AMA next month :p

Gravitationxx--
05-18-2009, 06:40 PM
I went my first time last year. Everyone was totally friendly, and there was well over four thousand, even more still registering at the doors. 8D! Mean furries...?

gothicadam
05-19-2009, 10:20 AM
oh snap tyrone is here*bows down*

RichmondAnimeCB
05-23-2009, 01:09 AM
haha, how was day one :p?