PDA

View Full Version : BlizzCon 2009

AnimeGamer
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
EDIT - Relevant thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=172342

BLIZZCON® 2009 ANNOUNCED

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming celebration to return to Anaheim Convention Center on August 21-22

IRVINE, Calif. - February 17, 2009 - Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its fourth BlizzCon® gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Friday, August 21 and Saturday, August 22. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. In response to the festival’s increasing popularity, this year’s event has been expanded from three convention halls to four.

“We’ve been amazed by the incredible response to each of our previous BlizzCon events,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re pleased to be bringing the convention back to Anaheim this year, and we look forward to this new opportunity to meet Blizzard gamers from around the world.”

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities throughout the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

* Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games
* Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
* Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
* Community contests with great prizes
* Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
* A silent auction
* More exciting activities and attractions to be announced

Just posting to get a feeler on how many people are/planning on going. I was one of the lucky people to get their ticket this morning, though I know a bunch of other people didn't luck out. So I'll be floating around again with my crappy digital camera, with some friends in tow this time. And of course, wearing my signature fisherman hat - and possibly lugging around the pally in a bubble again.

I hope to see some great cosplay again this year and get some great pictures. :)

I could also update this first post in case you cosplayers out there want to gather up again somewhere for group photos before the costume contest. :P

Atheana
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm going as Valeera Sanguinar and my Blood Elf Priestess from last year.

LeslieCrystal
05-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Atheana: I want a picture with you this year!

I have also gotten tickets and I will be parading around as a Blood Elf in the Elegant Dress (Noblegarden Dress) on day 1, and with my Guild set (unless we disband before then) on day 2.

Vaeira
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
This'll be my first Blizzcon and i'm extremely excited. thankfully i have an idea (or two) for costumes and have been working on them for a week and a half (and am glad i actually have time to work on them now XD ) , though i am stil unsure if i wil in fact be cosplaying or not. Can't wait to see everyone there though.

Pyoska
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm going as Lady Katrana Prestor both days, and I would love pics with anyone and everyone I see!

Kikirowr
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Second Blizzcon for me, but didn't cosplay last year, this year I would like to though. Going as (hopefully) Ysera (not as the image from Yoggs dream because it is boring). If that doesn't work out then something druidy.

Ayabi
06-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Taking Night Elf Priest T8.5 (Sanctification Regalia) for contest, BE Priest from BC Cinematic, and Battleforge set.

hai2u.

PatrickD
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I had to resort to a ghetto night elf costume last year because my planned costume wasn't completed in time. I'm currently working on a rather large costume and hope to have it completed this year. We'll see...

PatrickD
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Any word on their cosplay contest? Did I miss the sign-ups?

mukor
08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Link below are some of the pics I took at the BlizzCon 2009 costume contest

http://mukor.smugmug.com/Events/BlizzCon-2009/9365831_gQW8J

mukor
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Here is a link to the pictures I took during the costume contest.

http://mukor.smugmug.com/Events/BlizzCon-2009/9365831_gQW8J#626804574_Gp7ZQ