PDA

View Full Version : Is any one interested in a pre-con celebration?

Eerie Butterfly
05-17-2009, 04:51 AM
The week before the con, we can have a pot luck picnic or something in celebration of Anime Vegas.

happysmeagol
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Sounds fun, not sure I could go, but do you have ideas for a location?

Lady Saya
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe if its the day before AV, it might be better (so that the folks coming from out-of-town can join in too). :3

Eerie Butterfly
05-23-2009, 03:14 AM
as for location, sunset park is well known and is easy to get to. it has everything there too: picnic areas, an open field for games, a play ground to conquer, etc. I didn't set a date yet, but if anything, i'll go with saya's suggestion and make it friday.

MattJynxJ13
05-23-2009, 03:58 AM
I'll be there, if it happens. :3 Sound like a blast!

Ahja Reyn
05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
It is a good location, but super far from the con...

Lady Saya
05-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Ahja has a point, Sunset Park's a good place (especially for people who may want to have photoshoots) but kinda far for those staying at a hotel. Maybe somewhere on the strip might be a bit better and easier to find (maybe somewhere like Gameworks, perhaps)? o 3o

Eerie Butterfly
05-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I'll contact them and find out, the only problem with that is those who may want to cosplay may not be able to (the last time we did this, the manager kinda got mad at us). another suggestion i got from a friend of mine is to have it at the park across from the cashman center or fremont st.

Lady Saya
05-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Why'd they get mad? D: Well if that's the case, it's probably better to just have it at one of those parks.

Ahja Reyn
05-26-2009, 08:34 PM
What time would this be taking place? You'll want to take the weather into consideration when deciding on outdoor locations. People coming in from out of town might not be used to the still 100+ degree temperatures that might still be around....

ChaoticRice
05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
This sounds like fun! 8D I hope I can go!

Eerie Butterfly
05-29-2009, 01:08 AM
they got angry because they thought we were "disturbing the peace." i didn't get a response from them yet (sorry guys).

The time frame would be sometime between 3-when people want to leave. if we're using the park, i'll make sure to bring water balloons and lots of water.

ChaoticRice
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Do we go in cosplay? If so, I'm not sure if I'd want to get in a water balloon fight.

Eerie Butterfly
06-14-2009, 03:38 AM
*sorry it's been awhile, but work has been crazy*

I'm bringing extra clothes just for the water balloon fight. For those who want to cosplay, please think about the weather, it gets every hot here.

thus far, the date will be Friday, Sept. 4th (the day before the con) @ around 4pm. the place is currently at that park across from the convention center.

(if there's another place that ya'll want to meet at please let me know. I did call gameworks, and as long as we "book a party" they don't mind, but just showing up, they frowned upon it).

sicdedman
07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
i was curious. when is (Anime Vegas)??? i think i asked this question months ago (im sorry for asking again. i would like to try and make it this year! how big is the con?How many people? ect..! oh cool! a park !!yay havent been to one in almost a year half!! sounds like fun!

Thank You!

Eerie Butterfly
07-08-2009, 07:12 PM
AV is Sept. 5th-7th (aka Labor Day Weekend). I think all of the con info is on the website (http://animevegas.com)

ok, the final conformation:

The gathering will be the friday before the con (September 4th) at the park that's across from the Natural History Museum (it is next to the Cashman Center). I'm planning on being there at 3:00 to set up, but it'll start at 3:30. I'm planning on about 20 or so people. oh, and it's a pot luck.

Lady Saya
07-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Sweet! Should we make a list of people attending and if they're bringing something (just in case so that people won't bring in a bunch of cookies or the same stuff) not that cookies are a bad thing, just an example lol. ^^

Eerie Butterfly
07-10-2009, 03:35 AM
that'll be great.

I'll bring a case of water, pansit (a noodle dish from the philippines), and I'll probablly make a cake or something. The list will be on here (http://myspace.com/ai_cosplay) under "AV pre-con activites."

Hazel Chaz
07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
i was curious. when is (Anime Vegas)??? i think i asked this question months ago (im sorry for asking again. i would like to try and make it this year! how big is the con?How many people? ect..! oh cool! a park !!yay havent been to one in almost a year half!! sounds like fun!

Thank You!

Labor Day weekend. For all of your Anime Convention date needs:

http://www.animecons.com/events/

How many people? I think they had two thousand last year.

MangaFreak150
07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
hey so i kinda want to go to this! :D

how many people are going?

にかいと
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
that'll be great.

I'll bring a case of water, pansit (a noodle dish from the philippines), and I'll probablly make a cake or something. The list will be on here (http://myspace.com/ai_cosplay) under "AV pre-con activites."

OOOOOO PANSIT! xD this needs lumpia then :3

I'd love to go :D I'll know for sure though when the week of the con starts

Kago_Sabaku
07-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Meh I kinda shy away from that park...kinda in a shifty part of town if you catch my meaning. Con is fine cause Cashman has security, but some of the other areas have issues. Probably going anyway, just had to give a bit of a warning to out of towners :)

Eerie Butterfly
07-31-2009, 01:36 AM
to mangafreak150:
I'm not sure, but I think about 20. I know at least 8 people are going for sure.

to kago sabaku:
i know that that part of town is kinda shady, but where the park is located, you'll have to go to the natural history museum parking lot to get there (which is surounded by a brick wall); you can't see the park from the street.

Travel-Valenti
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
As strange as this is going to sound, I'll be in Vegas the Friday before. Would anyone want to hang out on the strip? Maybe do some photo ops at the Venetian or Caesar's Palace? Maybe get a few drinks?

I'd love to meet the locals before heading to the con.

Two trips to Vegas in the course of 14 days. Am I crazy or what?

I may show up to the picnic, but it depends whether or not I want to see a show that night. Lion King...hm...

Toshi_Riku
08-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Driving down on the 4th so how long is this going for?

ria-chan
08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
I'd love to, but that part of town outside the library or convention center makes me queazy. I'd be up for Travel-Valenti's suggestion on the Friday before, though. Strip is love.

MangaFreak150
08-04-2009, 01:52 PM
As strange as this is going to sound, I'll be in Vegas the Friday before. Would anyone want to hang out on the strip? Maybe do some photo ops at the Venetian or Caesar's Palace? Maybe get a few drinks?

that sounds like a lot of fun! i'm gonna try and make it!!!~
i'll be keeping an eye out for a set time and date! <3

Eerie Butterfly
09-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Just a reminder that the gathering will be the friday before the con (September 4th) at the park that's across from the Natural History Museum (it is next to the Cashman Center). The time changed to 3pm and it's going till sunset (about 630ish). it's will be during the ticket pick up, so you can pick up your tickets and head to the picnic. oh, and it's a pot luck.

Hope to see you then.

Thowra
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm driving to Vegas on Friday. I'm gonna try to make it. Are we dressing up? What time does the ticket pick up start?

ScarletRhapsody
09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Cosplayer formerly registered under Travel-Valenti checking in. Apparantly, I wasn't in town last week. However, I'll try and make this event, just depends how tired I am from the drive and how the weather is.

Hope this one goes well! Stay cool!

Eerie Butterfly
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I'll double check when I get home (at school now) but I'm pretty sure that pre-reg ticket pickup starts at 4pm- 6pm. I just know it's late in the afternoon. I'm dressing up, but there will be a water balloon fight, so be sure to bring an extra pair of clothing for the fight.

Hazel Chaz
09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll double check when I get home (at school now) but I'm pretty sure that pre-reg ticket pickup starts at 4pm- 6pm. I just know it's late in the afternoon. I'm dressing up, but there will be a water balloon fight, so be sure to bring an extra pair of clothing for the fight.

Yes, it's 4-6 on Friday.

azurien
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
anyone know if you didnt prereg can you buy a ticket on friday afternoon? if so i will come by this gathering. and i would def like to do something on the strip fri if ppl are going to do something!

Eerie Butterfly
09-03-2009, 06:43 AM
a few of us, after the picnic, are planning to do something on the strip..i think they said they wanted to do the first friday thing, then head to town square for tomfoolery.

i'm not too sure about being able to buy your tickets on friday, but i can always find out.