PDA

View Full Version : Metrocon Masquerade

rf~vadis
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
i was just wondering who was going and what they were going as 8). i might be going as the mad hatter i dont know.

Kitsune
05-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I'll be there! I can't wait to see all of the great costumes people are coming up with for the Masquerade (and the masks!).

I'll be there as the Masquerade's Sophia Forrester. We're having such a good time at rehearsals - I hope everyone loves it, too. It's such a great story, I squee at each run-through. XD

KurohaneShizumi
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm going, but I'm not cosplaying. My friend might being going in her Gijinka Kricketune though.

moonfall
05-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I was really excited to see Utena characters as part of the masquerade cast. I'm thinking of going in my Rose Bride Utena costume. Now to make a rose-covered mask...

Kitsune
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
For anyone going to the Fantasy Masquerade who wants learn to ballroom dance (or needs a refresher) - there's going to be a dance lesson panel this year before the Masquerade! It will be on the Riverwalk from 5 to 6 PM on Friday, ending one hour before the Masquerade begins.

I need to go brush up on dancing myself now. ^^;

Aleera
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Good to know about the panel. Hope to see everyone there.

moonfall
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Ooh, dance lessons. I should go, since I'm not running panels on Friday.

I should talk my friend who was talking about a D.Gray Man cosplay into going.

Someone either here or the Metrocon boards was going as Akio...I hope he/she is at the masquerade.

CcxYumiYumix
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
That would be so much fun!! I wanna go to the panel, but I have no partner T_T

I'll be going to the masquerade as Sakura :)

Kitsune
06-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't worry about not having a dance partner - that's half the panel! They'll be matching up dance partners for learning if you have no partner for the panel - and hey, then there will be at least one person you know you can dance with at the Masquerade!

Frostmourne
06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm going to actually go this year. I'll be in my wedding Sakura for the dance. :D

JellybeanQueen
06-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Ooo, I might have to try to go to that panel. It's been a few years since I did any ballroom dancing. I'll be going as Tieria Erde, in his getup from episode 8 of season 2 (or, as my friend calls it, the trap version of Tieria). Which reminds me, I need to put a few finishing touches on my Gundam Nadleeh mask...>.>

Neko_Kaolla
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I'll be at the dance (I have been threatened with death if I don't go... the joys of my sister running the thing!), but not cosplaying. I'm wearing a pretty black and red number with a mask to match --->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Neko_Kaolla/mask.jpg

KurohaneShizumi
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I'll be at the dance (I have been threatened with death if I don't go... the joys of my sister running the thing!), but not cosplaying. I'm wearing a pretty black and red number with a mask to match --->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/Neko_Kaolla/mask.jpg

Pretty~

I'll be wearing what I always wear... http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/KurohaneShizumi/MetroCon%2008/MetroCon08051.jpg XDDD

NaterNoJutsu
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
my friends and i are going! Im going to be Iruka-sensei. I wonder if ill be up for learning how to dance.... it might be fun! XD

SiriusLoveGirl
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
My friend and I are going together! She'll be dressed as Mask*Demasque from Ace Attorney, and I'll just be in a nice black dress. We'll probably go to the dancing panel because neither of us know how to dance. :D

CcxYumiYumix
06-11-2009, 02:08 AM
my friends and i are going! Im going to be Iruka-sensei. I wonder if ill be up for learning how to dance.... it might be fun! XD

I'll be going as Sakura ^^ It's cool to see another naruto cosplayer going to the masquerade :)

moonfall
06-11-2009, 08:01 AM
My friend and I are going together! She'll be dressed as Mask*Demasque from Ace Attorney, and I'll just be in a nice black dress. We'll probably go to the dancing panel because neither of us know how to dance. :D

Ooh, I want to dance with Mask*Demasque! Too bad I can't wear my Franziska costume to the masquerade (skirt is too short). Maybe one day I could get together a "formal" version of her outfit like the one in the orchestra CD artwork.

Kitsune
06-12-2009, 07:16 AM
A Mask*Demasque? Squeee!

A group of formal Phoenix Wright from the orchestra CD artwork would be really fun to bring to a dance or something. I love Maggey's outfit in it.

SiriusLoveGirl
06-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Moonfall: Hee! She might dance with you if you ask nicely! :D A formal Franziska would be awesome to see sometime!

Kitsune: I just realized a few days ago that I could have used Maggey's orchestra outfit for the Masquerade. I feel so bad for not thinking of it in time for me to get it together! Maybe I'll use that idea next year instead.
Anyways,a group like that would be very cool! Especially since I'm a sucker for formal wear.

Ramen Pirate
06-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Woohooo! I'm going!!
I'll be taking my Steampunk costume Friday so naturally I'll be using it for the Masquerade! :)
I'm gunna go to the dance lessons as well, cuz I have a general idea about how to do ballroom dance, but it's definitely been a while that I actually DO it!.. an extremely loooooong whileeeeeee!!! :crylaugh:
I just hope I don't get paired up with anybody to weird, if you know what I mean!
:mfg:

moonfall
06-16-2009, 10:37 PM
My mask is not cooperating. I may have to break out the superglue if the craft glue doesn't hold on the feathers.

rf~vadis
06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
some craft glue doesnt agree with feathers. i myself use liquid super glue for everything, it wont hurt the feathers but if your puting it on the front where you might have painted it i dont know what the glue would do with the paint.

im not sure if im going to the lessons XD. i used to be in theater and learned a bit but with my mild short term memorie who knows what will happen.

moonfall
06-17-2009, 01:37 AM
The mask is fine now. I'm still bringing some glue in case anything falls off.

Un-Kun
06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I've been desprately trying to throw together an outfit but I have no idea if I'll finish in time. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of Steampunk Alice-y. As in that style not Alice herself. I was thinking of the White Rabbit with his pocketwatch. ^_^ But who knows.

rf~vadis
06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
SWEET XD
alice and wonderland is awsome 8D

Un-Kun
06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Your doing the mad hatter right? I woulda done him (he was my halloween costume the past two years) but I really wanted to do the white rabbit. But if he doesn't work out I'm doing the March Hare (if I don't have all the accessories and such I need). Good to know there will be someone else there doing Alice...

namine1987
06-21-2010, 10:40 AM
yay so exictred been working on dressign up my steampunk for the ball

Elegant Balance
06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey! I'm definatly going with my friend, Sarah. I have no clue what she's wearing, but I started on my dress.
http://pandakim.deviantart.com/art/Dress-69927827?q=1&qo=1
Isn't it gorgeous?!?! It's gonna take me forever and I have to improvise on the back, but still, it's going to be lovely. >.<

Elegant Balance
06-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I'll be there! I can't wait to see all of the great costumes people are coming up with for the Masquerade (and the masks!).

I'll be there as the Masquerade's Sophia Forrester. We're having such a good time at rehearsals - I hope everyone loves it, too. It's such a great story, I squee at each run-through. XD

Oh!!!!!! :bigtu: Big BIG thumbs up to you!! I can't wait to see it! >.<

namine1987
06-22-2010, 11:34 AM
@ elegant while your dress is very pretty you'll have to make it longer in the front or you wont get in, seems to hoochie for the ball

Kibalover100
06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Me, My Boy Friend, My Best Friend, and My Brother should be going to this! I can't wait! I'll be going as Axel(in a dress) my BF should be going as Roxas(in a tux), my BFF should be going as Mello(outfit: unknown), and my Bro should be going as Matt(in a tux). OHHHH I can't wait!

Cheebes
06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Me me me! Princess Hao, from Shaman King. :') I'm kind of combining the two designs that were created for her.

Elegant Balance
06-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Me, My Boy Friend, My Best Friend, and My Brother should be going to this! I can't wait! I'll be going as Axel(in a dress) my BF should be going as Roxas(in a tux), my BFF should be going as Mello(outfit: unknown), and my Bro should be going as Matt(in a tux). OHHHH I can't wait!

Oh, haha, I'm going to hunt you down just to tackle your Axel and get a picture. =D And Matt. We miss you Matt! TT.TT

Elegant Balance
06-23-2010, 08:46 AM
I just realized something horrible....... I used the wrong color for my hat and even bought the wrong color..... O.o

.....I have to start over...... TT.TT

Kitsune
06-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Awwwuh! Good luck, Elegant Balance!

Tu-Tuxedo Matt?? Erm, if Ryoko Mitsurugi goes out of character for a few moments to fawn over someone she oughtn't, I blame you guys. XD I'm so excited about this year! I'm really looking forward to dancing with everyone who wants to dance with us!

Prota-Girl
06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I'll be Lelouch in his Zero attire, but with the half satin mask that goes up to my nose, so it's a mask and somewhat in character...however, I'll be going with a super tall Greed from FMA. xDDD <3

Elegant Balance
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Should we all meet up? =3 That might be alot of fun.
Oh, Kitsune, I have to go back to Orlando to get more of the bulk I had found because I didn't know the number or anything. I live in the Pan-handle, but yeah, I'm getting it fixed. =3

KurohaneShizumi
06-23-2010, 03:22 PM
My group and I will be doing Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass. :3

We will have:
Alice (Orig.)
The Hatter (Movie Kilt Ver.)
The White Queen (Orig.)
The Ace of Spades (Human Disney Ver.)
March Hare (Orig.) [MAYBE]

Elegant Balance
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
For anyone going to the Fantasy Masquerade who wants learn to ballroom dance (or needs a refresher) - there's going to be a dance lesson panel this year before the Masquerade! It will be on the Riverwalk from 5 to 6 PM on Friday, ending one hour before the Masquerade begins.

I need to go brush up on dancing myself now. ^^;

Oh, I so need to go to that! I can't dance besides rave. XD That's why I'm so extatic for Club Metro! Woot, woot! >.<

Elegant Balance
06-23-2010, 03:24 PM
My group and I will be doing Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass. :3

We will have:
Alice (Orig.)
The Hatter (Movie Kilt Ver.)
The White Queen (Orig.)
The Ace of Spades (Human Disney Ver.)
March Hare (Orig.) [MAYBE]

Oh! That's going to be great!!! >.<

Kitsune
06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Careful not to be distracted by information from last year's Fantasy Masquerade! :3 This year's theme is not steampunk (but steampunk costumes, still awesome and welcomed!), but, ala the rest of the convention, ninja and samurai.

This year there are a whole lot of dance classes to look into, too! And not just before the Masquerade, but throughout the whole weekend! Here's a copy-paste from the Events schedule; these are all out at the Riverwalk:

FRIDAY

How to Not Suck at Dancing! -- 1:00 PM

Do you want to go to the rave and NOT look like a fool?

Are you afraid of tripping over your two left feet at the Masquerade?

Do you SUCK at Dancing?!

Well this is the panel for you! Come join your favorite cosplayers as we break down the steps to: The Box Step Waltz (with Ciel and Sebastian), Swing Dancing (with Axel and Roxas), and The Standard Rave (with Snake in a Box). We'll make it so easy that even YOU won't SUCK at Dancing!

Brought to you by: MBLSM, LLC

Dance Workshop! -- 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM

Calling all aspiring dancers!

Join us for a fun filled dance workshop and learn to put some swag in your moves. Dances moves that are sure to impress anyone and prepare you for the rave, or any time in public. Beginners to advanced dancers will enjoy this interactive panel.

You will need to be dressed in comfortable and flexible attire and don't forget the water.

We will also be having a special guest make an appearance!

Dancercise with Sumomo! -- 4:00 PM

Love to dance?
Love to play games?
Love to have lots of fun?

Come join Sumomo from Chobits in 'Dancercise with Sumomo!'. Famous for her cute dance moves while she's in stand-by mode and her wakey wakey exercises, Sumomo has put together a panel sure to get those bodies moving. Sumomo will lead everyone in dances and games put to the music of popular techno and jrock songs, along with ice breakers designed to help you get to know your fellow con-goer and hopefully make some new friends!

Come party with Sumomo! Play some games, make some new friends, and shake your groove thing like never before!

*There will be light exercising, a bit of running, and a bunch of dancing. Everyone is encouraged to attend, but if you are cosplaying and your costume prevents such activities perhaps think about changing outfits before coming.

SATURDAY

Dance Workshop 2! -- 7:00 PM & 8:00 PM

Calling all aspiring dancers Again!

Join us for another fun filled dance workshop and learn how to change up your moves. Dance moves that are sure prepare you for your moment in the spotlight or just in your living room. Even if you missed "Dance workshop", all aspiring dancers will enjoy this interactive panel.

You will need to be dressed in comfortable and flexible attire and don't forget the water.

We will also be having a special guest make an appearance!

SUNDAY

Dance Crazy? -- 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM

Didn't get enough dancing this weekend??

This is the panel for you!

I'll teach a few dance moves and let you dance to your hearts content!

Come wearing comfortable attire and don't forget the water.

(*Note: There's plenty more going on at the Riverwalk, too, like the Fire Show and Zombie Wars! Check out Metroconventions.com for the full events schedule!)

I can't wait to finish learning more ballroom dancing! I'm getting decent at leading, so if anyone wants to learn on the fly during the Masquerade, flag down Ryoko Mitsurugi! Or any of host samurai or visiting ninjas: Katsushri, Kambei, Kuno, Taki, Zeal, and many more! We all hope to dance with our visiting guests.

onewingedjade
06-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Reviving 2009 threads... always confuses me...

I want to go, but I have yet to find anyone to go with. And don't really have a mask... maybe not even a dress... but I'd like to go!

KITSUNE! Your Dream is amazing!! Seriously! I've always wanted to see someone cosplay him. He's sexy! Hahaha. Too bad you're not doing Gambit again for Metrocon, though I may not be doing Rogue...

DavinDaLilAzn
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
It's not official yet, but I think my group of friends are doing a Formal GI Joe group (Storm Shadow, Baroness, Scarlett, and Snake Eyes). It'll be pretty simple for me, especially after Rise of Cobra, since all I'll need is just an all white suit/tux and throw on my Storm Shadow mask. :D

KurohaneShizumi
06-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Just putting it out there that we've added a Cheshire Cat (Disney/Movie Mix Human Ver.) and a White Rabbit (Ditto) to our group. :3

Elegant Balance
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Oooh! I'm going to be hunting Cheshire this weekend then. Crusing my obsession. XD

And I'm almost done with my dress. (Finally!!!!!) It's taken all nighters and a whole month, but I'm almost there. Now I have to work on embrodery. =3

RuhiNunchuck
07-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I got this oriental esque dress (seeing as the theme is very oriental) and going to see about doing an original oriental Belle cospay. lol I don't think anyone will get it though. And I have no idea what to do for my hair.

But its whatever. I'm excited. Really looking forward to the show :3 and dancing of course~

gamegirl222
07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm attending as Deidara ^^

Kibalover100
07-05-2010, 12:14 AM
It turns out my group may not be going, but if you want, we can still get dressed up and send pictures to you! I will find out more information later.

Might have to go to D*C instead.

Kibalover100
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
It turns out we wont be able to make Metrocon this year :waaaah: I would like to see some pics, though.

gamegirl222
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
It turns out we wont be able to make Metrocon this year :waaaah: I would like to see some pics, though.
That sucks....:(
I'm a video-camera "whore" so they're will most likely be plenty of footage on my youtube account after the con is over.

DarkAngelYuna
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I am definetly going this year, it was a lot of fun :) (although me and my friend accidentally left early...)

I might drag some friends to the dancing panel, we kind of taught ourselves on the side.

I shall be wearing a blue gothic loli dress and a dark blue mask. Not very well described but I'm too lazy to do so XD

Can't wait to see everyone~

DevTehFiend
07-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll be trying to make it there in time for the panel.

I'm going to assume wearing the shoes I plan to go to the masquerade in would be a good idea. So I can get used to dancing in them. XD They are hiiiiiiiiiigh heals.

FireFlash
07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Would I be fine wearing a nice button up long sleeve with black dress pants and dress shoes?

ortaga malice
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I will be comming with a bunch of Soul Eater people. I believe we will have me as Black Star, a Soul, Maka, Blaire, and Mizuke. Can't wait to see how this turns out. It will be my first time going to this one.

gamegirl222
07-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I finished my masquerade mask :bigtu:
Lemme know what you think. I made it to match my outfit (the last pic)

RuhiNunchuck
07-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Have you guys seen the prequel video. I"M SO EXCITED :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HbA5SaEcQ

:DDDDD

batzy
07-20-2010, 08:29 PM
My group is going as Code Geass characters, in our lovely matching outfits, haha.

I made a really glittery Lancelot mask for my Suzaku :]

DevTehFiend
07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
I finished my mask for this a while ago, but I feel like it's missing something and that's bothering. :( If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look and telling me what you think I should add, that would be great.

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/FiendishlyDev/Costume%20Progress-%20Aqua/009.jpg

What I have to work with: Some more of the ribbon that's lining it (was thinking about putting a line of that diagonally across the side with out the feathers.), a metallic pen with a fine and medium sized tip, some very VERY small beads in cool colors (greens, blues, purples....) and that's about it.

It occurs to me that this might be the wrong place to ask, but I'm still working on my costume and no one is really responding to me in the appropriate forum and I know you guys know how quickly I need to get everything done. T-T (I still haven't gotten my leather work back from my neighbor! *freaks*)

Kitsune
07-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Gamegirl222, your mask looks awesome!

DevTehFiend - I really like your idea for the ribbon. While there's nothing wrong with a nice, solid color mask, I can see what you mean by feeling like something's missing. I like having decorations all over the place, though. XD I think coming up with a design to draw in with your metallic pen, perhaps swirls or maybe something more intricate like blossoms (samurai) or shuriken (ninja) would be cool, too, perhaps over just a quarter or half the mask.

You could also try swinging by the Mask Making panel at noon on Friday and see if they have any suggestions. I tried to get a hold of the Ranmas running it, but they've been MIA due to costues. XD It should be okay, though, if you wanted to get a second opinion!

Elegant Balance
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Would I be fine wearing a nice button up long sleeve with black dress pants and dress shoes?

You would expect that to be okay, so I guess. Bring a suit top, just in case. ^^ Never can be too careful with the con staff that go. =/

Elegant Balance
07-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I finished my mask for this a while ago, but I feel like it's missing something and that's bothering. :( If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look and telling me what you think I should add, that would be great.

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/FiendishlyDev/Costume%20Progress-%20Aqua/009.jpg

What I have to work with: Some more of the ribbon that's lining it (was thinking about putting a line of that diagonally across the side with out the feathers.), a metallic pen with a fine and medium sized tip, some very VERY small beads in cool colors (greens, blues, purples....) and that's about it.

It occurs to me that this might be the wrong place to ask, but I'm still working on my costume and no one is really responding to me in the appropriate forum and I know you guys know how quickly I need to get everything done. T-T (I still haven't gotten my leather work back from my neighbor! *freaks*)
I think it's gorgeous, and I'm just running by the mask stand and picking up a gold one that won't smudge up the epic fail of makeup I'm planning. XD

Elegant Balance
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I finished my masquerade mask :bigtu:
Lemme know what you think. I made it to match my outfit (the last pic)

O.o That. Is. Awesome! =D

DevTehFiend
07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
@Kitsune- that's a great idea! Thanks! ^^

@Elegant- Thanks much. ^^ My mom likes it just how it is, and I have to admit it turned out better than I thought it would, so I might not mess with it after all.