PDA

View Full Version : Yoko's Glasses - Gurren Lagann

LadyD666
05-23-2009, 11:28 PM
ok, so my friend is cosplaying as Yoko from Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann and the hardest thing to find are the orange glasses she wears.

anyone know how to go about making them or where to find them relatively cheap? Found some that looked sorta close--by sorta close i mean orange frames and lenses, nothing else--but they were going for $142 canadian...$126 american (i think....might be off on calculations)

so yeah....any help or suggestions would be awesome!

tangledkitty
05-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow, those are some expensive glasses. You'd probably be better off just buying a pair of orange safety glasses from a hardware store, or somewhere online and possibly altering them.

As far as making them yourself, I couldn't say :( I'm pretty inexperienced with things like that, so it would be the blind leading the blind.

But good luck, I hope you find something!

Angel_Cakes
05-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Reference? You could use glass paint if you need to change the lens colour.

LadyD666
05-24-2009, 11:57 AM
my friend's figuring she'll have to take plexiglass and cut the shape she needs for the glasses and frame, then heat and hold it in the shapes she wants until they dry. it's more of a time-consuming process than actually difficult....

but i'll look into safety glasses at the hardware store....she was originally thinking the glasses you wear when playing raquetball, but.....

thanks for the help

Bunnie-Fu
05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
my friend's figuring she'll have to take plexiglass and cut the shape she needs for the glasses and frame, then heat and hold it in the shapes she wants until they dry. it's more of a time-consuming process than actually difficult....

but i'll look into safety glasses at the hardware store....she was originally thinking the glasses you wear when playing raquetball, but.....

thanks for the help

I definately suggest buying safety glasses. I got mine off ebay and work great. They are a bit more of an yellow-y color but im sure you can sharpie them more orange, i heard another Yoko cosplayer did that to her glasses. If youwant i can find the link where I got mine. They only cost me $5 in total

LadyD666
05-24-2009, 01:48 PM
i'm hitting ace hardware either tonight or tomorrow to check for her. worse case, i ask a buddy of mine if he has the orange glasses folks wear at firing ranges...

also, realized why the shades we were looking at were so expensive: they're a discontinued adidas pair