PDA

View Full Version : Question About the Rave

CCKip
05-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm actually just posting this cause I'm really curious if anyone knows why there were some fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances in front of the convention.
My dad came to pick my sister up around 12 on Saturday night, and as we were leaving we saw some guys going in with one of those stretcher like things and I heard some girls telling them where the Rave was.
So I was wondering if anyone here knew what had happened, cause I was really curious about it @_@

Aside from that, I have to say my first convention was awesome~ Though I totally wore myself out walking around, I had an awesome time playing Red Rover for over three hours XD I've never played such a vicious game before :P

Eiriol
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I dont know what happened but i agree with the walking wearing you out, My legs hurt like hell xD

salty
05-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Scuttlebutt has it a girl passed out from dehydration in the rave.

Eiriol
05-24-2009, 07:55 PM
That's not good o.O

CCKip
05-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh wow o-o; that's horrible. That must stink to have that happen at a convention.

Shadowoffire123
05-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Makes sense though. I was getting pretty hot in there too, especially with everybody crowded in there. Was she wearing a lot?

PixelMuse
05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
It happens when people don't take a break every once in a while and get some water. It happens at every con I've been too.

salty
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, rumor-mill or not, a lot of times when people are pulling all day events like AZ, they don't think about keeping themselves adequately hydrated throughout the day. Especially younger people who are constantly active all day who tend to just drink soda and everything else Not-H2O.

Add on a packed room with a lot of activity and heat and confined spaces with people packed together like sardines - and the excitement, flashy lights, and overall fun can override your self awareness and before you know it, you're down.

Luckily, the people who attend these Cons tend to look out for each other, otherwise this probably could have been a lot worse.

CCKip
05-24-2009, 08:21 PM
My sister was the one who had to drag me away from whatever I was doing to go get something to eat for lunch and dinner on Saturday XP
Cause I was having so much fun going I wasn't even thinking about eating, though my throat was killing me from all the screaming and cheering.

salty
05-24-2009, 08:23 PM
My sister was the one who had to drag me away from whatever I was doing to go get something to eat for lunch and dinner on Saturday XP
Cause I was having so much fun going I wasn't even thinking about eating, though my throat was killing me from all the screaming and cheering.You probably owe your sister a great big huge hug and a thank you then :)

Eiriol
05-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Hell, i didn't eat anything but pocky for a full day xD

CCKip
05-24-2009, 08:31 PM
XDDD I can't eat pocky slowly, I just totally gobble it down whenever I get a piece :P Though I would eat some of the pocky I had whenever I felt a little hungry.
btw, anyone else play Red Rover at the con on Saturday?

speedycake
05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I think about 4 people got EMS'd, none of us on stage were aware of it though... I only found out about it after we closed up and was chatting with security while the cleanup was in progress.

Shadowoffire123
05-25-2009, 12:37 AM
They had water things set up everywhere, there's hardly a reason for people not to at least drink water.

CCKip
05-25-2009, 01:35 AM
I filled up a water bottle at one of those water fountains only to find out that the water was really warm though :/ and wasn't satisfying at all, I barely even drank any of it, afterwards.

Foxberry
05-25-2009, 07:27 AM
I dont know what happened but i agree with the walking wearing you out, My legs hurt like hell xD

Yeah... You should have seen me driving home lol I'm glad I left when I did despite not wanting to.

In any case, I hope the individuals who got sick or otherwise incapacitated are okay. It's never fun to be dehydrated and it can easily happen.

Fallain
05-28-2009, 10:11 AM
There were actually 2 girls. I saw them take one girl out on a stretcher and then I went inside and tried to go to the bathroom on the top floor where the rave was and a volunteer or someone was guarding the hallway and told me I couldn't because they had a girl passed out on the floor from dehydration with people trying to revive her.

It is quite ridiculous though, if you wear a crap-ton of clothes to look "cute" and know you'll be dancing in a crowded room for hours..please people. Use your brains. Drink some water before even if your not thirsty and take a break every now and then for more. There were water jugs everywhere, even if their not cold because the staff has to constantly re-fill or change them it's better than passing out.

phaedrus
05-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Dances are fun but if you don't
Remember to drink lots of water
U will not have a
Good time.
Seeya!

Shara-chan
06-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Is that what happened?!?!?!?!

Sorry, just got my laptop back and I feel as if I've been really out of the loop. Geez, I know they're, like, okay and all, but it's still scary. I drank a bunch of water from those little thingies they had out. ^-^

gothicadam
06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Well my opinon is this. IF your not used to dancing for hours straight without water or Air from some sorts cause it was also a little warm in that room then you shouldnt go to room. I personally dont need a lot of water before raving cause i do it most of the time but not everyone can do that, i drunk a couple of glasses(yes glasses) of water before i went and i was fine but if u say"i dont need no water" then yeah your gonna be passed out dying from dehydration

FinalHeavenTifa
07-11-2009, 06:18 AM
It's no suprise. Any law enforcement/ EMS knows that when a convention comes around, be prepared to drop by. Take care of yourselves people! That's why theres little ventues everywhere for drink and food. not to mention the Mcdonalds down the street
Hey, at least it wasn't people smoking pot like they did a ASUA
Or a Sephiroth cosplay shanking a guy who was nearly groping his girlfriend (who played areith i think) at Neko-con

gothicadam
08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
It's no suprise. Any law enforcement/ EMS knows that when a convention comes around, be prepared to drop by. Take care of yourselves people! That's why theres little ventues everywhere for drink and food. not to mention the Mcdonalds down the street
Hey, at least it wasn't people smoking pot like they did a ASUA
Or a Sephiroth cosplay shanking a guy who was nearly groping his girlfriend (who played areith i think) at Neko-con

Wow that must have been a akward site to see groping at nekocon then being shanked:XD Wtf and yeah the ausa thing doesnt suprise me there some stupid stuff people should not do at cons

XxMewSakuraxX
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I remember that. My mom and I were in our hotel room and since we had a room that faced the con we saw the lights. I texted Addy and he said someone probably passed out. It's nice to finally know...

gothicadam
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
my room faced the con too:XD