PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 - Regenerator

OMG_Riku
05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Hay peoples. I was at Anime Boston and thought " Why aren't there any monsters from the RE games here" Well that led to something. I was thinking of making a full body suit of the regenerator from RE4. My friend said it would be awesome.

The thing is there are two types no spikes and spikes. The spiky one seems so fun to go as. I can chase people and the regular one is awesome too.

I want to start soon! I want to start sewing and stuff. I have another con coming up FAST. Conneti Con is July 31 to August 2.

So I need some help. I need advice how to create something as freaky as this cosplay. Like how to make a full body suit of it :\

So what do you think?

If you need a picture here

http://www.space-figuren.de/dtshop/images/necare4s2regenerator.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4839/re4regenerator.png

mitch81292
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe go with a full body spandex suit?

makeshiftwings
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I will never, EVER go near you if you do this. I have always prayed I never run into a Regenerator at cons. Seriously.

I would suggest a zentai suit, with a hood, so you can get maybe a painted face on there too look like a Regenerator. Sorry I can't help much, but this would be a really hard cosplay.

Ms.chif
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
You are my Hero!!!

Muad'Dib
06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a fun plan. I say go for it!

Fort point of reference though, there was a T-002 Tyrant and a Nemesis at Anime Boston.

Also, feel free to post in the main Resident Evil cosplay thread here in the forum, its quite a few pages long, but its still going, and has a lot more action in it than usually solo RE threads do.

Now, you'd probably need help, but the Iron Maiden looks easier to do than the regular regen, simply because you don't need to be as precise with the skin.

Get a zentai suit. Cover yourself in saran wrap, or a release agent, then put the suit on and have someone slather you in liquid latex (make sure you aren't allergic to the stuff) Once it dries, you'd need to powder it so it doesn't stick to itself. Then remove the suit, and you can start to add details with latex or paint on top of that to give it that mottled skin look, and press-in the spikes as well.

Ammy-chan
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Amazing idea //_^

Odd-cl
09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
T-002 from boston saying DO IT UP!...

seriously we need cosplays never done and T-002 was never able to be found as a cosplay on the net till I went to AB as it from my short web series in production.

Nemesis is common now same with the licker since Don Post now mass produces those heads. So if your doing a regenerator send me some pics XD.

Odd-cl
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Difficulty I would say is a 5 out of 5. If you want to do it realistic talking about 120 dollars worth of liquid latex from Monstermakers.com

There is a proper process that includes making a manikan of yourself and then making clay molds to be casted in gypsium cement for the latex to be poured into or you can take some shortcuts and get clothes that fit you and liquid it on yourself while wearing them. Make sure not to get the liquid latex on rugs or inside openings of your body as in eyes, throats, cuts, ears ect. This is because it is poisonous. The fumes after heating it are also poisonous and you should do it in a well vented area. Make sure not to have it hit sunlight till it is dry or ready to dry because you want to do this in thin layers over and over till it is a thick one.

Aka a long process where 4 to 5 movies are going to need to be played to keep you occupied.

As for the needles I suggest using nails that are dulled and for the face to make a clay mold design on top of a manikin head. The head will still need a negative cast and we are talking maybe 60 dollars for making the head with the amount of clay and the amount of cement. Do not do this on yourself. This is very risky if you do and I would say best bet is to buy a manikin bust so you can do it on that.

Also if you need help don't be afraid to pm me or contact me through a messenger system.