PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Skits and Costumes

Tohma
05-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Lets hear what costumes and skits you saw and liked!

I didn't get to see the skits since I was in the contest so I am curious to hear what ones people liked so I can be on the look out for them should they show up on youtube. So tell me, what were your favorites?

As for costumes, There are a few that stuck out in my mind.

Elke and tassie's Weiss group
The Utena duo I saw in artist alley
The bleach duo with the large moving wings
CardcaptorKiki's dad as Clow Reed (Okay I may be a little biased there..but come on..it was awesome that he wore it XD)
NagativeDreamer's Auron
Angel Sanctuary group

CardcaptorKiki
05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
CardcaptorKiki's dad as Clow Reed (Okay I may be a little biased there..but come on..it was awesome that he wore it XD)

LOLOL.

I loved that there was so much variety in everyone's costumes this year. *O*

AdelaideVixen
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
the left4dead skit was by far my favorite.

I think my favorite costume was the girl who wore the dust-bunnies costume from the Miyazaki movies, she was also in Artists Alley...

Tohma
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Left4dead skit. Got it. Will definetly remember to check it out!

Elke
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank you for your kind words, Tohma. But, ya'know. . . we really could use a Ken! :3 *PEER PRESSURE*

I saw some pics of your dad in Clow, Kiki! It's so awesome that he went along with it. ^_^

As far as costumes go, the Mononoke duo (http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/Elkechan/AZ09%20Miscellaneous/dsc_0641.jpg?t=1243398425) really impressed me!

Fallain
05-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I personally had a fangirl moment everytime I passed the Reita from Gazette cosplayer

Foxberry
05-27-2009, 03:58 AM
I didn't get to see the skits, however just wandering around on Saturday I must say my most favorite ones I saw were the ones below.

Salty's I-no (Absolute favorite), Negativedreamer's Auron and the Deadpool cosplayer since I'm such a Deadpool fangirl X3 I also liked the Lucifer cosplayer and the Angel Sanctuary group with Lucifer.

chevron694
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
THE INTERNET IS FOR PRON!!! I like that one

Meiki
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
The Utena duo I saw in artist alley

That was me and a friend of mine :D That makes my day!

The pair of Links that were walking around playing ocarinas were awesome! And the Doctor Who group made me smile.

Syrenrei
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Negativedreamer and his girlfriend's costumes were amazing as well as the Moogle (how cute!), the guy who won advanced in the costume craftmanship contest as Abel (and he was SUPER nice and patient answering my questions), several of the FF peeps, Rainbow Brite, Carmen Santiago, the eight (?) Waldos, and the huge amount of costumes I didn't recognize at all!

I am watching more anime to make sure I am more informed next year >.>

negativedreamer
05-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Negativedreamer and his girlfriend's costumes were amazing as well as the Moogle (how cute!), the guy who won advanced in the costume craftmanship contest as Abel (and he was SUPER nice and patient answering my questions), several of the FF peeps, Rainbow Brite, Carmen Santiago, the eight (?) Waldos, and the huge amount of costumes I didn't recognize at all!

I am watching more anime to make sure I am more informed next year >.>

thanks! your pluto was one of the better I have seen, so good job to you.

Do not worry about being informed on characters... I only watch 2 Animes (Robotech and One Piece) but usually learn about the characters when I see someone else in the costume. I do play video games though, lots of em!

Tohma
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Thank you for your kind words, Tohma. But, ya'know. . . we really could use a Ken! :3 *PEER PRESSURE*

I saw some pics of your dad in Clow, Kiki! It's so awesome that he went along with it. ^_^

As far as costumes go, the Mononoke duo (http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/Elkechan/AZ09%20Miscellaneous/dsc_0641.jpg?t=1243398425) really impressed me!

Ahh Peer pressure! Is it bad that I was totally looking at fabric to make his coat while at the fabric store the other day? >_> I am weak U___U

Bur Loire
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
I also liked the Lucifer cosplayer and the Angel Sanctuary group with Lucifer.

Ahh! Thanks for the compliement! I was kinda upset with my Lucifer costume all weekend but I'm glad at least some people liked it! XDDD <3333

*goes back to remaking it*

YAY ANGEL SANCTUARY COSPLAY! XD

Also, seconding CLOW REED as the greatest cosplay ever! AND NEGATIVEDREAMER YOU AURON IS SO AMAZING IT KICKED MY ASS LOL!

AND TOHMA OMFG FERIO COSPLAY FTW.

caps lock = nessiary! :D

CardcaptorKiki
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Also, seconding CLOW REED as the greatest cosplay ever!

This whole thread makes me laugh with glee. I am def. going to relay this to my dad and I'm glad he was so well received as Clow. Hopefully I can make him the rest of the costume and a better wig for next year (and actually get him to put it on again). XD

FFrikku
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
hetalia group: you guys were amazing *o* your costumes were so cool!
reborn group: you guys know i love you :3 and we were awesome
minako and khaki: (dancers in red and black in skits) <3 =)
the group that danced to mirotic by DBSK: OMFG SERIOUSLY you guys were A-FREAKING-MAZING I want to meet you guys so much, that is such a hard dance to learn and you guys did a great job and i loved your costumes [/spaz]

`Difficile
05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Cap'n crunch
and my BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR reks =D