PDA

View Full Version : Spray-on dye on a wig

Spiffy
08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Heyloo again, people! Um...my parents won't believe me that spray-painting a wig works, and now they're suggesting spray-on hair dye. Anyone know if this is a good idea?

Sarcasm-hime
08-05-2003, 07:05 PM
There is spray-on colour for wigs (never use regular spray-paint unless you want a stiff, crunchy wig) but it tends to flake off all over your costume. There have been many other threads on colouring wigs; just look around. ^_^

Spiffy
08-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Kya...so I see. So there's pretty much no way of my getting a black (or red, white and blue) wig dyed a redish-pink color in 2 days? :thumbsup:

Ah well, guess I gotta dye my hair....FUN!

Koumori
08-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Ouch. No, in general it's not possible to take a dark wig and make it a lighter color - you can't bleach them, spray paint and flower paint flake off, and any other coloring methods layer the dye color over the existing color.

Lucifer
08-06-2003, 03:33 PM
A friend of mine told me to use fabric die or flower spray paint. I've yet to actually try (since I'm fortunate that most outfits I choose have wigs already in those colors).

Never use spray on hair-dye, it does fall off. I was forced to use it for my second Dante wig, and though it didn't flake off too much, by the end of the day my collar noticably had a streak of white on it.