PDA

View Full Version : Original Roxas cosplay...

MDA
05-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm planning to start a new costume for Roxas, a totally original design and whatnot, that I hope to have for Otakuthon in Montreal, that goes on at the end of July/beginning of August.

So, the costume is this. I plan to make a Draconian Roxas costume. Draconian being a cross of dragon and human. I'd do dragonid, but then my legs would be in a tail. The costume will consist of a pair of wings, clawed hands and feet, a tail, horns, and of course makeup and pants and shirt that are dragon-like.

So I'm wondering, is this a good idea to have for a costume?

Lorien
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
That sounds really interesting :D You could say that it was from a medieval world or something to that effect. You could even say 'MALEFICENT FORM' if it was the correct colour scheme. I'm actually pretty intrigued to see what you do with this, if you go through with it :3 I'm all for original characters; its refreshing to see new takes on characters that are done a lot. xD

MDA
05-27-2009, 12:25 AM
That sounds really interesting :D You could say that it was from a medieval world or something to that effect. You could even say 'MALEFICENT FORM' if it was the correct colour scheme. I'm actually pretty intrigued to see what you do with this, if you go through with it :3 I'm all for original characters; its refreshing to see new takes on characters that are done a lot. xD

Well, for the colour scheme, it's hoping to be blue, silver, and black.
So far I have the stuff to do the basic framework of the wings, claws (or both my hands and feet), and the tail. I just need the material for the bulk of the tail, the wing membranes and muscle, a shirt and pants, and a few other things. I need a headband for my horns too... So I can start it soon hopefully. Least I don't have my wig to worry about :)
Yeah, original designs for characters are always a lot of fun 'cause it's neat to see what people will come up with.

makeshiftwings
05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
It's interesting, but I don't think a lot of people would understand without an explanation. Does that bother you?

MDA
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
It's interesting, but I don't think a lot of people would understand without an explanation. Does that bother you?

Not really. As long as it's interesting, and I know what the costume is... that's what matters to me.