PDA

View Full Version : Painting Skates....help?

HeartlessAngels
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
My friend and I need to color our skates some other color for our Air Gear cosplay for next weekend. What do you think would be the best way to paint them?

At this point, we're thinking of using acrylic paint...does anyone have any other suggestions?

ToEtAcTiC
05-28-2009, 09:02 PM
acrylic is probly the best way to go for you if you need it by next weekend.what type of material are the skates made out of since being leather covered, nylon, plastic, etc would require different paints.

Kelley
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I put 50 cents acrylic paint on my car, and it's stayed for over a year. On a car. That's outside in the rain and snow, and ice. :B

I've used it on wooden buttons as well.

My mom used spray paint on vinyl, I think - for a Halloween costume from a long time ago - and it stayed.

If you want it to look less matte, try a gloss to paint / spray over it.

HeartlessAngels
05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
acrylic is probly the best way to go for you if you need it by next weekend.what type of material are the skates made out of since being leather covered, nylon, plastic, etc would require different paints.

They're just normal inline skates...this is sorta what they look like (Just we have them in a different color): http://www.rcsports.com/images/Roller-Blades.jpg

HeartlessAngels
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Gah...it got posted twice u.u

OurLadyC : I think we may end up using the acrylic paint since that's all we have as of now u.u;;;