PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Japanese Heroes (Tokusatsu) - 2010

djkidna
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
OK, so 2009 didn't pan out due to lack of communication and readiness, but 2010 is the year for sure! No more singling groups out, we're going all out with an entire Tokusatsu group/photoshoot! Sentai, Kamen Rider, Tomica Rescue, Ultraman, and more! All are welcome for this group. So make yourself known, let your voices be heard, and join the ranks!

Zipchan
07-08-2009, 04:12 PM
You can count me in for Ryuutaros. =3 I won't say which version, because I'm trying to keep it a secret from someone until closer to time, but you can definitely count me in. =3

djkidna
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Finally, someone replies lol. I'll most likely be bringing Gaoh back. If I ever get Kick Hopper done, that'll be my main costume though.

Zipchan
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I hope you're able to finish Kick Hopper. =O I'd absolutely LOVE to see that.

ewwiikk
07-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Im starting to work on my Kamen Rider Ichigo from the next costume. I also kinda want to work on a Shinkenred costume or a Gekired.

djkidna
07-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Im starting to work on my Kamen Rider Ichigo from the next costume. I also kinda want to work on a Shinkenred costume or a Gekired.

Shinkenred, nice. I totally want to do Shinkengold. My other cosplay group is actually partially inspired by Shinkenger. It's a group of Japanese demons (yokai), the more under-rated ones. I'm doing a Tengu representing the element of wind, a friend is doing a yamachichi representing earth, a kasha representing fire, etc. It's started giving off a vibe of Shodophones in the hands of Ayakashi XD

ewwiikk
07-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Shinkenred, nice. I totally want to do Shinkengold. My other cosplay group is actually partially inspired by Shinkenger. It's a group of Japanese demons (yokai), the more under-rated ones. I'm doing a Tengu representing the element of wind, a friend is doing a yamachichi representing earth, a kasha representing fire, etc. It's started giving off a vibe of Shodophones in the hands of Ayakashi XD

hahah that's a really cool concept, yea shinkenger is the last sentai i watched since gekiranger. i really didn't care for go-onger. but yea the kamen rider V1 would be easier since i have a friend who can already mold plastic and fiberglass. the shinkenred is where it gets hard since i don't know how to mend spandex.

djkidna
07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
hahah that's a really cool concept, yea shinkenger is the last sentai i watched since gekiranger. i really didn't care for go-onger. but yea the kamen rider V1 would be easier since i have a friend who can already mold plastic and fiberglass. the shinkenred is where it gets hard since i don't know how to mend spandex.
Lucky! I'm making my Kick Hopper armor out of sports gear and craft foam. But at least the eyes light up!

As for the spandex, I think there's guides online on how to make spandex costumes. Personally I'd go with Lycra instead of spandex. It's what I used for my DOA4 Ryu Hayabusa.

ewwiikk
07-25-2009, 12:29 AM
yea im kinda leaning towards the kamen rider cosplay, i think it would look a lot better since i convinced a friend to go as nigo. the whole double rider thing would be pretty crazy. i wish i could get some friends to go as some shocker riders or any of the generals. that would be amazing!

djkidna
07-26-2009, 11:48 AM
That would be very awesome. At some point my girlfriend and I want to do Knight and Femme, but that's gonna be awhile heh.

Zipchan
07-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Alright, so I've started working on Imagin form Ryuuta; I'm planning on having it finished by Katsucon. =D I don't know what exactly I'm doing for the helmet/armor-type pieces, but some friends of mine (who are cosplaying the other Imagin) are going to help me out, since they have experience with things like that. ^_^;

djkidna
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Nice. I would love to see that. If your group does Imagin a second day, maybe we could do some shots of you all duking it out with my demon group.

LanceBardock
09-24-2009, 05:45 AM
I'll definitely have my sentai goodness with me, I'll be bringing my Retsu/Gekiblue uniform and want to make Ishiguro/R5 costume...We'll see if time's on my side

godmi
09-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Would Gatchaman be appropriate for this? I've always wanted to do Jun Swan's uniform, but I never really had the motivation. xD

djkidna
09-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Do Eet!

LanceBardock
09-25-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm with him!!! If Gatchaman don't count it should!

Zipchan
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm gonna third this. Go for it! :3

Nitro
09-30-2009, 11:10 PM
hello thread!

Definitely bringing Imagin Form Deneb, which I'll...pretty much be bringing to every con I go to all year.

djkidna
09-30-2009, 11:35 PM
hello thread!

Definitely bringing Imagin Form Deneb, which I'll...pretty much be bringing to every con I go to all year.

I LOVE YOU FOREVER! I may bring back Yuuto just for that. I should just leave all my cosplays in the car so I can change out, or walk around the con with a suitcase XD

So far, looks like I'm bringing back Yuuto and Gaoh, may be doing Ren from Ryuki, if I ever get Kick Hopper done that's a priority, and I may do Yaguruma anyway. God dammit, too much! I'm gonna need private photoshoots with everyone twice over XD

And then my tengu to top it all off. Grr

Nitro
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Oshit, YUUUUUTTTOOOOOOO~

That would be awesome, sir. As well as Gaoh, your Gaoh is pretty badass :D

Zipchan
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Hibiki, you have to beat up Nitro. It's a requirement now. =D

Nitro
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
D: B-B-But ZIIIIP.

IN HIS HEART, YUUTO WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND. *hands out candies*

djkidna
10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
DENEBu! *tackles and wrestles*

Nitro
10-02-2009, 06:34 PM
GOMEN GOMEN, Yuuto-kuuuun!

Zipchan
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
I like where this is going. *steals candy from the basket*

djkidna
10-18-2009, 09:51 PM
So how is everyone? What's going on costumewise and such? Anyone going to Ichibancon in January?

Zipchan
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I've done nothing so far. |D I've been working on my costumes for Hetalia Day and Halloween. XD;

Nitro
10-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Deneb is slowly coming along, I've mainly got a bunch of small pieces done XD

the gloves are about 60% done and the Helmet's just about finished, I just need to put all of that together, and I haven't really started on much else. I'm working towards finishing him by Katsucon, and I know for a fact he's coming to AZ XD

djkidna
10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Sounds good. Yeah I've been focusing more on Halloween myself this year. Also, I have too many costumes for next year lol. The return of Gaoh and Black Mage, plus my Tengu, and then probably Yuuto, and at some point my steampunk outfit. Lord help me when I ever finish Kick Hopper

Nitro
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Hahaha, I feel ya on the huge costume list action :/

I'm probably going to do something simple for Halloween with some scraps around my house, leaning towards Urataros-possessed Ryoutaro since I already have like...everything for it. XD It's also the same suit I'm eventually going to use for....Recurring Fangire Guy With The Handpuppets from Kiva XD

djkidna
10-22-2009, 04:56 PM
You mean Bob? That's what the folks at TV-Nihon call him. I think Wikipedia says his name is Ryo. Could just say the Spider Fangire, and we'd know who you mean lol.

Nitro
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I lol'd at Bob.

I just like calling him that Recurring Guy With the Handpuppets. He makes me happy.

djkidna
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
As a heads up to you special few, I may be revealing a special custom Toku related project by AZ. It combines two styles, Toku and something else that I've grown rather fond of since last New Years. I hope it turns out and I hope you all enjoy what I have in store.

JonathanNC22
11-13-2009, 06:52 AM
I am glad to see more people want to cosplay as tokusatsu ... wether it be kamen rider or sentai or garo ...

I have a completed Shadow Ranger(Deka Master) .... working on a rpm(Go-Onger) black helmet at the moment.. Next will be working on Kamen Rider Glaive..

Zipchan
11-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Dude, I saw your Shadow Master; it looks ridiculously badass. Nice work. =D

JonathanNC22
11-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks alot apreciate it! :bigtu:

djkidna
11-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh sweet, you want to do Kamen Rider Glaive. Awesome. I got a friend that one day will do L'arc. My girlfriend wants to do Femme. I'm trying to find someone to do Shuki, but alas, no takers. I almost had one be she decided for Kivala instead. No love for the oni :(

My list keeps growing as far as true Kamen Rider cosplay. From Kick Hopper, to Knight, and then Ibuki. Ugh, too much stuff I want to do.

Decade
11-20-2009, 01:33 AM
You guys are gonna love me man. I had 3 suits planned but It looks like just 2 now.
I am working on Kamen rider Decade and Kamen Rider Double CJ form.
Im so happy to hear about toku fans showing up to Raleigh!
I was a make shift Ichigo last year (IT LOOKED SOOO BAD!)

Zipchan
11-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Fffff. Decade, we'll have to get pictures together at some point, then! I'm bringing Phillipe! XD

djkidna
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Are you doing more toku cosplays than me, Zipchan?

Decade
11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Fffff. Decade, we'll have to get pictures together at some point, then! I'm bringing Phillipe! XD

I just thought of something AWESOME!
I guess I can try and be Shotaro we take a quick Pic, then I go change into my Double suit
and the you lay on the ground in the background and we take a photo while I do the
"Count your sins" pose!
That would be awesome!

Hey Hibiki, didn't you go as Gaoh last year? I wasnt far enough along in Den-o to know who you were >.<

Zipchan
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Are you doing more toku cosplays than me, Zipchan?It's quite possible. LOL I've got three different versions of Ryuutaros, Phillipe, Otoya, and the possibility of Basshaa and Kiva. So that's seven. But they're all KR, so does that count? XD;

I just thought of something AWESOME!
I guess I can try and be Shotaro we take a quick Pic, then I go change into my Double suit
and the you lay on the ground in the background and we take a photo while I do the
"Count your sins" pose!
That would be awesome!

Hey Hibiki, didn't you go as Gaoh last year? I wasnt far enough along in Den-o to know who you were >.<O_O YES. This has to happen now! =D

And he did go as Gaoh last year, yes.

djkidna
11-21-2009, 12:23 PM
It's quite possible. LOL I've got three different versions of Ryuutaros, Phillipe, Otoya, and the possibility of Basshaa and Kiva. So that's seven. But they're all KR, so does that count? XD;

O_O YES. This has to happen now! =D

And he did go as Gaoh last year, yes.

I've got Yaguruma, Gaoh, Yuuto, Nago, Otoya, Taiga, Ren, and possibly Shotaro

Zipchan
11-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I should add one more so that we tie, LOL. XD

I debuted Phillipe today! =D (Or rather, one of his many outfits.) It's not quite finished yet, but it's almost there. As soon as I can get a hold of the pictures, I'll share them with you guys.

djkidna
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I just need a fedora and the Double Driver to complete Shotaro.

Decade
11-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I just need a fedora and the Double Driver to complete Shotaro.

I need to pick one up too.

djkidna
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm hoping to get the Decadriver soon. lol I've been buying cards when I don't even have it yet. I got all the currently released Showa Rider Kamen Ride cards, as well as Ongekibou Rekka and Strike Vent. I wanted to get Blast but they're all out, and I don't think Illusion's been released yet. It's too expensive to get the Final Attack/Form Rides right now. I want to get Faiz Accel Form Ride so that I can put my Accel Watch to good use lol.

Zipchan
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Picture time!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2354951/

djkidna
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
That's a very good Phillipe! Nice!

Decade
11-23-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm hoping to get the Decadriver soon. lol I've been buying cards when I don't even have it yet. I got all the currently released Showa Rider Kamen Ride cards, as well as Ongekibou Rekka and Strike Vent. I wanted to get Blast but they're all out, and I don't think Illusion's been released yet. It's too expensive to get the Final Attack/Form Rides right now. I want to get Faiz Accel Form Ride so that I can put my Accel Watch to good use lol.
Oh man, bring those PLEEEEAAASE! we can try them out in my decadriver!

Picture time!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2354951/
AWESOME JOB! I cant wait to see it in person!

djkidna
11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I will absolutely bring them. I really want a cheap Diendriver too. I can mod it to at least say Diend lol

By the way, if you want some cards, here's a good site http://hobbyjapanandmore.hp2.jp/DECADE/SuperSale.php

Zipchan
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
That's a very good Phillipe! Nice!

AWESOME JOB! I cant wait to see it in person! Thanks guys! :3

Decade
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I will absolutely bring them. I really want a cheap Diendriver too. I can mod it to at least say Diend lol

By the way, if you want some cards, here's a good site http://hobbyjapanandmore.hp2.jp/DECADE/SuperSale.php

I got some good cards for 15 bucks off ebay. lost of rare and ultra Rares. the guy also gave me a FFR AUTOVAJIN card for free :D.

JonathanNC22
11-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Yea Glaive is one of the first riders I want to do .. will probably try to sculpt the armor first soon as I can find the right sculpting armature...

djkidna
11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
If you get a chance, I highly recommend getting Glaive's weapon. Also, get a Leangle buckle and mod it. Maybe even see if someone is selling a used or damaged one for real cheap on yahoo japan or cstoys.

Decade
11-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Yea Glaive is one of the first riders I want to do .. will probably try to sculpt the armor first soon as I can find the right sculpting armature...

If you get a chance, I highly recommend getting Glaive's weapon. Also, get a Leangle buckle and mod it. Maybe even see if someone is selling a used or damaged one for real cheap on yahoo japan or cstoys.

Cstoys recently shipped some, you may be able to get it, but they may be pricey.

djkidna
11-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Here's a good priced Leangle Buckle on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140357195777
$24.99 + $18.00 shipping

It's brand new though, so I don't know how you'd feel about modding it. Any toy I plan on modding to where you can't get it back to the way it was, I try and get used, but it's impossible to find used toys on eBay, pretty much everything being sold is new. But, that's a damn good price, you're not gonna get cheaper than that on the Leangle Buckle unless you know someone in Japan who won't charge you a service fee to buy it and ship it to you there like middleman service sites charge (Rinkya charges like 20 bucks per item over 1000 yen).

Cheapest Glaive Rouzer online right now is the one from Toys N Joys, which is $149.95 plus $13.00 shipping. The cheapest Glaive Rouzer on eBay is $149.99 + $19.99 shipping.

djkidna
11-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I wonder if I should apply to do a Kamen Rider panel at AZ.

Nitro
11-27-2009, 11:10 AM

D:! That would be awesome! I should come as Deneb and pass out candy XD

Zipchan
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM

...Funny you should mention that. I've already done that. XD;

Nitro
11-27-2009, 08:02 PM
XD oh god, another Zip panel~ <3

Zipchan
11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
If chaos hasn't ensued by the end of it, there's something wrong here. =D

djkidna
11-27-2009, 11:35 PM
You already did a Rider panel?! Nice! Count me in. Need shows or movies? I have ALL OF THEM. Plus Black and Amazon

Edit: Oh by the way, I've been working extensively on a Decade mod of Rockman 7FC. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to provide a copy. Here's a video showing off some what's on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbicgPbNRhY

Nitro
11-28-2009, 12:28 AM
That's actually pretty awesome, good sir! I'd totally like to check that out when it's done :D

djkidna
11-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Zipchan, is there a thread for the panel in the AZ forums yet? Also, if you need any assistance, let me know. I'm not sure what you have planned, but I would be glad to help.

Oh and if anyone has a modded PS2, I have Climax Heroes on my PC and burned to a DVD-ROM

Zipchan
11-28-2009, 11:45 PM
There isn't yet; I'm going to be making one, though, as soon as I finish getting a few more details set with my co-panelists.

I'll probably need help, but I'll keep you guys updated. <3

JonathanNC22
11-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's a good priced Leangle Buckle on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140357195777
$24.99 + $18.00 shipping

It's brand new though, so I don't know how you'd feel about modding it. Any toy I plan on modding to where you can't get it back to the way it was, I try and get used, but it's impossible to find used toys on eBay, pretty much everything being sold is new. But, that's a damn good price, you're not gonna get cheaper than that on the Leangle Buckle unless you know someone in Japan who won't charge you a service fee to buy it and ship it to you there like middleman service sites charge (Rinkya charges like 20 bucks per item over 1000 yen).

Cheapest Glaive Rouzer online right now is the one from Toys N Joys, which is $149.95 plus $13.00 shipping. The cheapest Glaive Rouzer on eBay is $149.99 + $19.99 shipping.

Yea I have a username on YJ it would be cheaper to get the stuff on there as I have seen a couple for way less than that on ebay. :mfg: ... I will probably but I will get the toy buckle once I get the helmet done and get the mod done.

Decade
12-01-2009, 07:01 AM
count me in for a panel, that sounds like so much fun

djkidna
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
So how is everyone doing?

Zipchan
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm cold, dealing with finals, and having to feed my cat antibiotics because she has an eye infection. =D How are you?

djkidna
12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Dealing with personal dramas, plus finals coming up, but I got to see my girlfriend this weekend so there's still that bright light in my life. Haven't had much opportunity to work on costumes yet, but that's ok, there's still time.

djkidna
12-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey Zipchan, posted in your Would-be Panel thread in the AZ forums.

Artikgato
12-25-2009, 12:29 PM
*makes an appearance*

You can count me in to bring SOMETHING from Kamen Rider to AZ. If nothing else, my human form Kintaros (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/239717/), though I've got plans for other costumes. ^^

djkidna
12-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Heyas! Glad you could make an appearance on the thread. Makes us silly toku fans one member stronger.

Interesting news. I found a gold windbreaker online that I think could easily be modded into Shinkengold's jacket (his jacket, not his sushi seller outfit). In which case, I might just sneak Genta in my repertoire.

Decade
01-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Interesting news. I found a gold windbreaker online that I think could easily be modded into Shinkengold's jacket (his jacket, not his sushi seller outfit). In which case, I might just sneak Genta in my repertoire.

NOT IF I BEAT YOU TO IT!
haha jk

sorry I haven't posted in a while. spring semester started and I'm already swamped with work. I got a bit of Kuugas stuff done, coming along nicely too. still waiting on the 3d decade files to finish. and i bought materials for doubles scarf. I cant wait for this con!

and zip, Id love tobe on the panel if you dont have enough people

Decade
01-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Yea I have a username on YJ it would be cheaper to get the stuff on there as I have seen a couple for way less than that on ebay. :mfg: ... I will probably but I will get the toy buckle once I get the helmet done and get the mod done.

hey i was looking at stuff for my rider suits and i found the glaive belt for $60..00+ 19.99 shipping. you should try and get it, cuz it wont get cheaper. alo CS toys had the rouzer for around the same price

djkidna
01-17-2010, 05:09 PM
hey i was looking at stuff for my rider suits and i found the glaive belt for $60..00+ 19.99 shipping. you should try and get it, cuz it wont get cheaper. alo CS toys had the rouzer for around the same price

They didn't make a Glaive belt. They only made the Rouzer for Glaive as a Toys R Us exclusive. You would have to buy a Leangle belt and mod it to Glaive.

JonathanNC22
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Yea I have never actually seen the belt I plan to buy the Lea-angle Belt then create the A for it from Resin to fit into the center perfectly then I will work on the mod for the rest of the belt.. Still myself Gathering refrences for the suit entiretly

JonathanNC22
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the assit none the less :cool:

djkidna
01-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Yea I have never actually seen the belt I plan to buy the Lea-angle Belt then create the A for it from Resin to fit into the center perfectly then I will work on the mod for the rest of the belt.. Still myself Gathering refrences for the suit entiretly

My friend Kyuubi (FinalHeavenTifa), she plans on doing L'arc at some point. Do yourself a favor, buy an action figure. Here's the cheapest Glaive action figure on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/370316189939

Also, Leangle Belt modding, gonna need to do more than just place the resin logo on top of it. I recommend actually taking it apart and replacing the Club Logo entirely. I've seen it done on Henshin Justice Unlimited's forum:
http://henshinjustice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14438

On another note, I did get my DecaDriver, and I cosplayed as Tsukasa at Ichibancon. Check out my cosplay gallery. So Decade, we can do a Decade/Tsukasa pic, and then if you do W also we can have you, me, and Zip doing a shot. If someone could do Fang/Joker W also, that would be even more awesome.

djkidna
01-23-2010, 10:54 AM
So it looks like I may not even be able to make it to Animazement this year. For those who follow my facebook, you know what's up. I'll try and make it but it'll be a slim chance. If I do try and come it would probably be for one day only and that would most likely be Friday or Saturday.

Lawsae
01-24-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2420980/ yo Djkidna got the pic of us at ichibancon up, Its also on DA. lol

Decade
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
wow im dumb. i actually found a chalice rouzer. i love how i got them confused........
Im heading to What the Hell Con in greensboro. but i have no suits done so it looks like i

Decade
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
wow im dumb. i actually found a chalice rouzer. i love how i got them confused........
Im heading to What the Hell Con in greensboro. but i have no suits done so it looks like i may go and decade pre henshin. or if i finnish my helmet in time i can make a tee shirt and be a super cheapo decade. also i think i could do a fang joker. i have plenty of time till the con

djkidna
01-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Im heading to What the Hell Con in greensboro. but i have no suits done so it looks like i may go and decade pre henshin. or if i finnish my helmet in time i can make a tee shirt and be a super cheapo decade. also i think i could do a fang joker. i have plenty of time till the con

lol That tickles me a bit. Oh, speaking of belts, mrarmyshop on Yahoo!Japan finally has a Double Driver belt mod. It looks really legit, problem is the price goes up real quick.
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k125423715
It doesn't come with the Driver or anything, all you're purchasing is the belt mod. It's molded leather or something from what google translator is telling me.

For anyone wanting to look at any of the other mods he makes, here's the store frontpage
http://openuser.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/mrarmyshop?alocale=0jp&mode=1

Personally the only ones worth getting are Kabuto/Gatack (complete with Clock Up pad), any of the Blade belts, Kiva and Dark Kiva, NEW Den-O, any Faiz belts, and the Double Driver. Den-O, Zeronos, Kick/Punch Hopper, IXA, and Saga I think are way to easy to mod yourself than to waste time and money on his. NEW Den-O can be done yourself too but you could very easily screw up your toy. The rest of the belts I listed require serious molding to get them to look right, so I do in that situation recommend purchasing from mrarmyshop if you can do it with a cheap middle man service or if you know someone in Japan.

JonathanNC22
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Yea he does alot of great mods have been following his work on YJ for a little he is also a member on my site and rangerboard.com. Yea I plan to do more than that when I get to further progress on the costume of course but I thank everyone for there input .

djkidna
02-06-2010, 12:42 AM
My only thing with him as a seller is that he doesn't do payment plans or anything for his really expensive stuff, which I think would be good, though I suppose they're not so pricey that it's necessary. I don't think herocosplay.com does payment plans either. Ugh, oh well.

JonathanNC22
02-11-2010, 06:23 AM
No I dont think aniki does... however a person I know that does also makes costumes and rider suits... name is sushyia he is on rangerprops and rangerboard. Hey does payment plans and basically will not start on the costume till so much is paid. He will send your progress pictures to make sure everything is to your liking.

Decade
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey guys. I'm still working on building my suits. slow on progress but I'm getting there.
OH
HIBIKI
we go to the same school
I met your friends today, and apparently you had your double driver with you. I really wanna see it!

djkidna
02-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey guys. I'm still working on building my suits. slow on progress but I'm getting there.
OH
HIBIKI
we go to the same school
I met your friends today, and apparently you had your double driver with you. I really wanna see it!

I don't have a Double Driver. My buddy Robert does. He recently got Fang and so we semi-dressed up as Philip and Shotaro for school that day. I have a DecaDriver.

Decade
02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't have a Double Driver. My buddy Robert does. He recently got Fang and so we semi-dressed up as Philip and Shotaro for school that day. I have a DecaDriver.

Oh! well I met some people last thursday that said they new a dude that was deneb and gaoh and i was like HOLY CRAP ITS HIBIKI! and then they said you had a double driver and fang memory with you at school. we should meet up sometime :D

do you know where to get a ridebooker? I need one but i cant find one anywhere.......

djkidna
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh! well I met some people last thursday that said they new a dude that was deneb and gaoh and i was like HOLY CRAP ITS HIBIKI! and then they said you had a double driver and fang memory with you at school. we should meet up sometime :D

do you know where to get a ridebooker? I need one but i cant find one anywhere.......
Yeah my friends get confused sometimes. As for Ride Booker, unfortunately I got one of the last ones from a site called Hobby Japan & More. They still sell tons of Ganbaride cards though.

Decade
02-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah my friends get confused sometimes. As for Ride Booker, unfortunately I got one of the last ones from a site called Hobby Japan & More. They still sell tons of Ganbaride cards though.

ARG! i still can't find one. I know I'm gonna make the sword though. I just want one for my belt. and a K-touch.

djkidna
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
They still have K-Touches last time I checked. I know cause I'm meaning to get one too. You can get one for 77 bucks total, including shipping to the US. Or you can get 3 for 200 bucks total including shipping.

What's also sweet is he's selling Decade's Dai-Shocker jacket.

djkidna
03-01-2010, 04:57 PM
So I might not actually make it out to AZ this year due to trying to move out this summer and thus finances being iffy. So I'm wondering if anyone would like to do a Tokusatsu Photoshoot some time outside the con? Not necessarily that day either. Also, Zip-chan whatever happened to the panel you were talking about?

Decade
03-02-2010, 09:03 PM
So I might not actually make it out to AZ this year due to trying to move out this summer and thus finances being iffy. So I'm wondering if anyone would like to do a Tokusatsu Photoshoot some time outside the con? Not necessarily that day either. Also, Zip-chan whatever happened to the panel you were talking about?

yeah I was curious about the panel too, I'd love to be on it. and DJ, If time works out, and if Bank of America will give me my damn money, I'd be happy to help you buy a day or 2 day badge.

Oh, and I'm actually working on my belt again with pleather :D

djkidna
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Pleather? Nice. How sturdy is it and how expensive is it? I get Vinyl and it ranges from 3-12 bucks a yard.

Decade
03-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I got 3 .5 yards for a grand total of $7.50
gotta love handcock fabrics with their member club and the student discount!

also I bought A TON of stuff
Double driver
gatchapon TORIGGA and METARRU memories
Den-o and Zeronos belt
Kamen rider BLACK,RX,Ixa burst and save modes soft vinyl figures
and my first figuarts
Decade Kuuga and Double!
yay :D

Zipchan
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM

I don't know if we're still doing the panel or not. =\

Decade
03-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I don't know if we're still doing the panel or not. =\

we totally should though.
It'd be nice to get more people into it.

djkidna
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
As long as it doesn't turn into the Kamen Rider panel at Katsukon, complete with iRL trolls. We need to do more than just show openings, and make it more toward introducing stuff to people who are new to it. That's my opinion anyway.

Zipchan
03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Very true.

As soon as Momocon's over, I'll send in the panel app if they're still taking them. These next two weeks are just so crazy for me. @_@;

Nitro
03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I missed the Katsucon panel, what with like...passing out early :/ 2AM was a terrible timeslot, but I assume it was because nothing else was availableeee

djkidna
03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Very true.

As soon as Momocon's over, I'll send in the panel app if they're still taking them. These next two weeks are just so crazy for me. @_@;
I thought you already applied?

Zipchan
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Alright, I sent it in today. They're still taking panel apps, so it's all good. And I hadn't sent it in prior because I needed to figure some stuff out first. @.@;

djkidna
03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Crossing my fingers.

Zipchan
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Okay, got an e-mail back. The panel was approved! Glee! I don't like the tentative time they have for it, though. Thursday, 9 p.m. BLARGH.

Lawsae
03-14-2010, 12:17 AM
WOOT, I'll be ura for it then XD

djkidna
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Why are there panels on Thursday where those who haven't pre-reged can't go?

Lawsae
03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
You can buy badges on Thursday, I did it last year.

djkidna
03-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh ok cool. Didn't know that. Let's see if I can actually make it out there now.

Decade
03-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Awesome! I got some progress with the double and decade files. I should bring double to it or Decade? Dunno which one. Probably Double right? Its on the air now and people probably would like to pick it up.

djkidna
03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Well if you do either, I'll try to be there as untransformed unless I somehow magically finish Kick Hopper in time.

You never did get back to me on where I can find those files you got for the models.

Also, if you do end up making me some armor, I guess I could just Decade form for it as well lol.

PretzTrigger
03-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Found it finally... Search feature on Cosplay.com....EVIL......

*huff* *huff*

You can count me in on any random Tokusatsu shenanigans. Besides being Hard boiled doesn't come at any cost to you... except the 110 bucks it costs me to have a belt.

djkidna
03-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I really need to get Kick Hopper done ;-;

Decade
03-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Found it finally... Search feature on Cosplay.com....EVIL......

*huff* *huff*

You can count me in on any random Tokusatsu shenanigans. Besides being Hard boiled doesn't come at any cost to you... except the 110 bucks it costs me to have a belt.

i got mine frim CSTOYS, and it was only $76, with shipping ._.

you got robbed broski.

any who, I started my double helmet, should be done building on Wednesday, and resin and bondo it by friday, then Ill start the chest. still no progress on decade yet, I have his shoulders but i dont want to make them untill I have the chest,because the X on his chest goes up onto the shoulder and I just want to have them line up.

djkidna
03-21-2010, 11:24 PM
You really need to get to work on Decade, Decade (lol).

I'm starting to work on Kick Hopper again. Very slowly. School is really demanding this last semester, even with only going part time. Especially with work hours and trying to find an apartment.

Decade
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh I am.

djkidna
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Good to hear. I really wanna make it to this panel in costume

Zipchan
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I just need to figure out which version of Phillip to wear for the panel. What do you think, guys? Regular Phillip, St. Bernard Phillip, or Trap!Phillip? XD;;

djkidna
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
St. Bernard Phillip would definitely get you more attention lol

Decade
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I just need to figure out which version of Phillip to wear for the panel. What do you think, guys? Regular Phillip, St. Bernard Phillip, or Trap!Phillip? XD;;

OH MY! LEAVE HALF WAY THROUGH AND COME BACK AS THE DOG!!!!!

djkidna
04-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Two more days and I get to see if I won myself a Trigger Magnum, woo

d2sarwono
04-16-2010, 07:48 AM
OK, so 2009 didn't pan out due to lack of communication and readiness, but 2010 is the year for sure! No more singling groups out, we're going all out with an entire Tokusatsu group/photoshoot! Sentai, Kamen Rider, Tomica Rescue, Ultraman, and more! All are welcome for this group. So make yourself known, let your voices be heard, and join the ranks!

Nice to hear some tokusatsu enthusiast from other countries...

Anyway... me and my son are cosplayed as Ichigo & Nigo the first for these last two years...
and I'm in the middle of making Glaive and Blade for us since the nigo costume is getting too small for him... he3x

Wish me luck guys...^^V

Decade
04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice to hear some tokusatsu enthusiast from other countries...

Anyway... me and my son are cosplayed as Ichigo & Nigo the first for these last two years...
and I'm in the middle of making Glaive and Blade for us since the nigo costume is getting too small for him... he3x

Wish me luck guys...^^V

WHOA!
I really admire your work you did with your son!
I wanna do the same with my son if I have one!

Hey how did you make your helmets?
EDIT: OH MAN! I saw you on COSCURE yesterday! you're helmets are soooo good!
The blade is impressive!

djkidna
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Double Driver is on the way! I'm excited. Next purchase: Chalice Rouser and/or Extreme Memory

d2sarwono
04-29-2010, 12:45 AM
WHOA!
I really admire your work you did with your son!
I wanna do the same with my son if I have one!

Hey how did you make your helmets?
EDIT: OH MAN! I saw you on COSCURE yesterday! you're helmets are soooo good!
The blade is impressive!

Thanks!! I'm glad you like it...

Actually ichigo is not made by me.. It's a resin helmet and I bought it from a friend of mine at little giant studio: http://littlegiantstudio.multiply.com/

The Nigo is actually a modified el cheapo motorcycle helmet.. he3x.. here's the journal I made when I am making that helmet: http://d2sarwono.multiply.com/journal/item/7/My_Sons_Nigo_Jr
Sorry it's in Indonesian language.. ^^

as for the blade and the glaive, they are made from sawdust-wooden glue mixture. I learn it
from a nice philipine guy: http://gougetsu.multiply.com/photos/album/46/Helmet_Tutorial_Pics

Other than blade & glaive, I'm currently working for classic Ichigo & Daburu helmet for my friends.. the pics are posted on my multiply photo album. Feel free to browse around.. ^^:
http://d2sarwono.multiply.com/photos?&album=&page_start=20

bigwil
04-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Extremeeeeeee! yall fans know what I'm talkin about...If able to make it this year..shotaro(3 to 4 versions)and if I'm lucky I might be extremed-out as well...may bring decade or kabuto or den-o,and sentai stuff..(crosses fingers for everything to go well)

Zipchan
04-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Alright, finally decided on what to bring this year. I'm bringing Phillip, Trap!Phillip, and something secret. I won't tell you what the secret is, but it's part of a small, secret group, and it is from something toku. :D

djkidna
04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
OK gang, which untransformed rider should I bring this year? The choices are:

Len/Ren - Kamen Rider Knight/Wing Knight (with girlfriend as Chase/Siren)
Kenzaki - Kamen Rider Blade (requires getting a new wig)
Mutsuki - Kamen Rider Leangle (if I don't turn my buckle into Larc for a friend)
Hajime - Kamen Rider Chalice (requires getting a new wig)
Ibuki (may require getting a new wig)
Yaguruma - TheBee or KickHopper version
Yuuto/D-Yuuto - Kamen Rider Zeronos
Nago - Kamen Rider IXA
Otoya - Dark Kiva
Taiga - Kamen Rider Saga
Tsukasa - DECADE! (slim chance for girlfriend to be Natsumi)
Shotaro - Kamen Rider Double

Zipchan
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
My vote is going to Otoya, Tsukasa, or Shotaro. :D

djkidna
04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll just bring a suitcase full of belts and clothes and change halfway through the panel XD

Decade
04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
speaking of the panel, what are we doing for it?

djkidna
04-29-2010, 09:13 PM
An introduction to tokusatsu, with emphasis on Kamen Rider and sentai. Discussions, video clips, and ridiculous games (RIDER FASHION CHECK~!) are just part of the fun.
Now I just need to see if Xandy will be bringing Bruce the Shark, I'll give him the Faiz Accel Watch

Decade
04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
so who's gonna be on the panel?
And if you need the songs from the shows I'm you're guy, Just dont ask for the hopper theme or the black rx decade song

djkidna
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
so who's gonna be on the panel?
And if you need the songs from the shows I'm you're guy, Just dont ask for the hopper theme or the black rx decade song
Bitch please, no one has more Rider ANYTHING than I do. And if I could get a clear full length clip of each of those songs, I'd have those too.

Zipchan
04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
It's me and Pretz; I think we have everything we need as far as audio/visual is concerned, but I'll let you guys know if there's anything missing.

djkidna
05-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh good they fixed the forums finally.

Anyway, you know I've got tons of stuff to bring. I have every Kamen Rider ANYTHING that TV-Nihon has released, as well as Agito, Black, Amazon, the SD Riders OVA. I have some Sentai, including all of Gekiranger and Shinkenger. I have all the mature J-Hero Toku shows that TV-Nihon did (GARO, Cutie Honey, Ultraseven X, Sh15uya) as well as Keitai Sousakan 7. I have Lion Maru G, Konami's Specter. I'll probably grab Ryukendo if I have the hard drive space.

As for music, I have every Kamen Rider album ever released I'm sure, as well as music for almost all the toku I've listed.

I have Climax Heroes W on my computer, as well as the Mega Man Decade mod I'd been working on for almost a year I think. If there's anything else you could think of, chances are there's not enough time to bring it in :P

djkidna
05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Still pondering who to do argh

ShinigamiZero16
05-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Bitch please, no one has more Rider ANYTHING than I do. And if I could get a clear full length clip of each of those songs, I'd have those too.

/m/ found them a couple of weeks ago on some free use site after somebody spotted the Black/RX theme in an episode of Minute to Win it. It should be on the /rs/ page under kamen rider stock music.

And on the topic of Imagin cosplays, does anyone have any advice on making the helmets? My friends and I are planning on doing them for Otakon this year, we've pretty much figured out what we're doing about the bodysuits/armor but the helmets are throwing us for a bit of a loop.

Zipchan
05-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Which ones in particular are you doing? I was going to try and make Ryuutaros at some point this year, but the cost was going to kill me when I was actually trying to make it. @_@;

But I could share some insight on the plans my friends and I had for that.

Nitro
05-19-2010, 10:13 AM
/m/ found them a couple of weeks ago on some free use site after somebody spotted the Black/RX theme in an episode of Minute to Win it. It should be on the /rs/ page under kamen rider stock music.

And on the topic of Imagin cosplays, does anyone have any advice on making the helmets? My friends and I are planning on doing them for Otakon this year, we've pretty much figured out what we're doing about the bodysuits/armor but the helmets are throwing us for a bit of a loop.

weee...for Deneb (of whom I've also put on hold due to time/cost), I cut a dome-shaped plastic bowl in two and made a helmet base and smoothed modeling clay over it, coated, sanded, and painted it, and made the mask details out of craft foam. Never got around to making the eyes, though I contemplated thin sheets of plexiglass or a similar material~

I wish you luck on your Imagin-cosplay-quest, I'm sure they'll be epic

djkidna
05-19-2010, 10:28 AM

SWEET! Thanks for the heads up. MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE! Yay for Hopper Intro Music!

ShinigamiZero16
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
No problem. And yeah, We're doing Momo, Ura, Ryuuta and Deneb. I think rather than Craft foam they had the idea of using paperclay for the actual mask part, the dome they were building off of a either a mold of an old motorcycle helmet, or just building onto one of those cheap kids costume helmets. Not sure after that though, although while looking last night i did see some done with the craft foam that looked pretty good, thanks for the heads up Nitro. And Zipchan, if you could that would be awesome, thanks.

djkidna
05-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Paper clay, like Crayola Model Magic? That should be good. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a cosplayer on this site who did a costume from Bubblegum Crisis in Model Magic, it looks fantastic. Here's the costume http://www.cosplay.com/costume/123578/

Nitro
05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Paperclay is a thicker clay that's less fragile than Model Magic, but Model Magic is easy to work with, though I've had a few issues with it in the past, pieces breaking off, but I didn't really coat it with anything, if I were to use it again I'd just use it as a base or something and work around it with sturdier materials~

I just like playing with craft foam because it's cheap and easy and I get decent results XD; I's lazy

Heartless Halo
05-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Nitro you - me = sexiest Kamen rider cosplays ever ... trust me I will get to one soon enough - i know how to use fiberglass/bondo now :3

ShinigamiZero16
05-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Paper clay, like Crayola Model Magic? That should be good. If you haven't seen it yet, there's a cosplayer on this site who did a costume from Bubblegum Crisis in Model Magic, it looks fantastic. Here's the costume http://www.cosplay.com/costume/123578/

That looks awesome! I gotta get my friend thats actualy doing the helmets on here soon to take a look/ get ideas soon. Time is starting to get a bit short..

And Nitro, thanks, ill bring it up to them. If you had an other tips on Deneb at least that would be awesome.

Lawsae
05-27-2010, 03:10 AM
So It looks like i wont be able to make it to the pannel, which really blows. Ill only be at con for friday. Can someone tape the pannel and put it on youtube? Thanks if you can.

Zipchan
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm going to try and wrangle someone into filming the panel, since one of my roomies won't be able to make it either.

The panel is in room 302c, for those of you who can go!

And feel free to swing by our video room, 305b, at any point during the con and we can talk toku, LOL.

Decade
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Aww man I miss hanging out already!

Zipchan
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I miss you guys. =( We need to get together at some point during the summer, LOL.

djkidna
06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Well I'm moving to my own place in July. Maybe a house warming party? I'll have to ask my future roomie

djkidna
06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a clue as to who took pictures before the panel started of all of us? Also, who was doing video, cause I would like to see that.

djkidna
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Nobody knows who was doing the photo and film work? Ugh what the hell.

Zipchan
06-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Not a clue, honestly. D:

ShinigamiZero16
06-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry to keep bugging you guys about it, but I finaly got my friend to post for help about the costumes like I had mentioned. His thread is http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=210625. Thanks.

So how did the panel go anyway?

djkidna
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
It went well. As to your costume issue, Decade would probably be the best help.