PDA

View Full Version : who are you cosplaying at anime next?

dressdragn
08-06-2003, 04:35 PM
I was just wondering who everyone was planing on playing at Anime Next. I'm going to be part of an Eva group but other then that don't have any plans yet.

~Anna

number18
08-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Definitely #18 from DBZ...and possibly R. Dorothy Wayneright from the Big O. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
08-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Well since 18 is now definetly showing up, I'm going as SSJ Future Trunks....as well as Gene Starwind, Kaji, and either Spike or Leon again....

AnimeParty
08-17-2003, 02:49 AM
Chichiri, Allenby and maybe Lu Xun if i feel like it...

Demri
08-18-2003, 10:00 PM
I think I'm going to bring Quisty back out for one of the days, and Zelda for the other. I have so many costumes to make for other peoples too, eek!!

neoangelwink
08-19-2003, 01:21 AM
umm i think for now that know of.vilda , aerther maybe, ed maybe, melfian, rei , maybe tira

Carrot Glace
08-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Friday: Carrot Glace - Sorcerer Hunters (I'll be doing a special performance during karaoke, possibly during the evening)
Saturday: Original Character (you'll have to wait to find out, but I will say that it involves Ranma 1/2)

Chiri
08-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Chichiri

Now I MUST go...*will be OVA Tasuki if she can go* :D

isami
08-31-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping to make it for Saturday, and I want to bring my friend with me. If I go, I'll be doing Kagura, the same one as in my Avatar.

Hope to see you guys there!
~Isa

TyJILDown
08-31-2003, 07:21 PM
I shall be doing Sakura of Naruto, Sivil of Macross 7, and Anna of Shaman King.

RainAlvaran
08-31-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm going as Wolfwood from Trigun. my first time Cosplaying, but I have enough training, so I wouldn't consider myself TOO much of a newbie. Chances are I'll end up being Shizuma Kusanagi from Real Bout Highschool as well.

marsie
08-31-2003, 09:09 PM
*cracks knuckles* Well I'll have the following with me...what I'll wear is in debate
Yuna FFX
Yuna FFX-2 Gunner
Yuna FFX-2 White Mage; IF I finish the commission I have out and IF I get the time
Winter Uniform Sakura CCS
Sana-chan Kodocha
Babbit-chan Kodocha Girly Version
Rinoa FFVIII
Sailor Neptune
Battle Royale- Noriko
Battle Royale- Causual Killer Misuko

Yeah definatly whatever I feel like that day.

DarkMgcnGirl
08-31-2003, 11:16 PM
Right now I'm definatly doing Cecilia from Wild Arms and Selan from Lufia 2. I'm gonna try to bring my Celes costume if I can find all the pieces cause it got kinda scattered when I moved and possibly a 4th depending on time and stuffs.

Zetchi
09-01-2003, 12:25 AM
if i go... i'll probably be Ed from Cowboy Bebop

Mibuzen
09-01-2003, 01:45 PM
This is my planned cosplaying schedule Hisoka from HunterxHunter on friday, Kurama from Yuu Yuu Hakusho on saturday and if I can get it done then Hao from Shaman King on sunday but if I can't then I'm doing Mikagami(Post Kai fight) from Flame of Recca.

Demri
09-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Yea! I like Wolfwood. Are you going to have the cross-gun thing?

chibi_yuna
09-01-2003, 03:19 PM
I'll be wearing my popstar rikku,kikyo,and kairi costume.I may wear my ffx yuna costume but thats if i could find it o.o

Zephyrs
09-01-2003, 04:48 PM
this is the question isn't it.. I'm only going to be going one day (thank you football game obligations through marching band!) which would mean one costume for people like me... but I love my Cecilia costume too much NOT to bring it and some of my friends want to make a FF1 group.. so I guess I'll bring both and hide the other one... somewhere heh.

DarkMgcnGirl
09-01-2003, 07:12 PM
this is the question isn't it.. I'm only going to be going one day (thank you football game obligations through marching band!) which would mean one costume for people like me... but I love my Cecilia costume too much NOT to bring it and some of my friends want to make a FF1 group.. so I guess I'll bring both and hide the other one... somewhere heh.

Ohhh. You have a Cecilia costume. That's awesome. Maybe we can get pics together.

RainAlvaran
09-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Yea! I like Wolfwood. Are you going to have the cross-gun thing?

I so do plan on making that, but I need to find two old Broomsticks first. After that it's child's play. I should be able to find that....I hope. ^.~ if you think that's too skinny, just wait until you see the final product. As soon as I can get a pic, I'll post.

neoangelwink
09-01-2003, 09:31 PM
wow ^_^ very going to loook so good!!!
heheh my costume going waer mite change.
ok

aerith from kingdom hearts 50% mite be doing
reinoa 100% doing
tira from soccer hunter 15% doing
melfina 100 doing.
vida from dbz 15% doing

cawps
09-01-2003, 10:43 PM
DRAIN AWAY Die

TheAnarCHris
09-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Just Leon and Gene, unless the DBZ groups gets revived.

number18
09-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Just Leon and Gene, unless the DBZ groups gets revived.

Ok, update. It looks like I'd be able to stay somewhere for free if my friends can pull through. If they do pull through, I don't see why I will not be going. Cause I'd just need money for food and admission and I'd be set.

But anyways, #18 will be a definite costume if I go. I'm thinking of maaaybe trying to do her family outfit (http://www.cyborgmemoirs.com/shrine/familylifeoutfit3.jpg) if I can dye some socks and get the right capris. I'm also thinking, if not another #18 costume, that I might try reviving my old Sakura costume from SF. Cause she's fun to cosplay. I'd have to get some fabric for her top so I could make it better, and try and make her gloves ...and I think that'd be it. But it is only a month's time and I don't get much chance to get out to fabric stores. :P

Xx Lulu xX
09-02-2003, 01:02 PM
If i do, i might bring my manga mistress 9...but teh skirt is such a bitch to iron....bah i'll wear it anyway.....i still need a wig tho...

tsugaru
09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
kyoshiro from SDK (well kyo really.. but there isnt much of a difference my normal behavior is more like kyoshiro's haha meaning i am uh.. nice and dont kill lots of people?) however I may feel the need to prove to a kenshin or two that kyo is the better samurai! mwhahahaha ^_^. And naota from FLCL, I did the guitar for haruko for a good friend of mine and she is going as haruko. Yup a real guitar too! Primed and painted and detailed wahoo. Other than those two Im not sure what else.

Chun Li
09-02-2003, 04:47 PM
if all goes well dark magician

Malon
09-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Me and a friend are just going as Haibane from Haibane Renmei. I wanna go as Hikari, but seriously doubt i'll actually get the costume even started, so I'll just dress up nice and put on wings and a halo ^^*

I think we're actually gonna stay a night or two there.

MadMedina
09-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Ill be going as Cho The Sword Master from Kenshin

Oshi
09-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Tidus, since his VA will be there... Link... either Iruka or Hayate; depending on my ability to obtain a hair tie for Iruka... And what will be my crowning glory of cosplay, ROY from Fire Emblem 6 & SSBM. Going all out for this costume. :D

Demri
09-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Sounds like there are going to be lots of FF8 & Zelda peoples. Yea!! Hope no one minds if I trouble them for a few pics. Do we have any quasi-official cosplay.com photos set up??

RainAlvaran
09-04-2003, 02:51 PM
My Shizuma costume is almost done....but I'm not sure if I should go with just the Red Jacket.....or if I should line the inside with the fabric of that Bluish-gray color......decisions....can anyone help me on that?

Archelon
09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
If I can go, I'll probably be bringing my Spike Spiegel and Roger Smith costumes that I wore at Otakon. If number18 brings her Dorothy costume, we'll have to get some pics together. ^_^

Malon
09-04-2003, 03:27 PM
is everyone going there all 3 days?

TyJILDown
09-04-2003, 03:54 PM
I'll be there all weekend, rooms reserved, got people to fill the room. All set :D

neoangelwink
09-04-2003, 04:20 PM
yes ^_^ but i have leave early on sunday becouse it my nana b-day. sad party is i for got how she is. my mind is going!!

Demri
09-04-2003, 05:42 PM
We'll be there just Saturday and Sunday. Someone has to play at a football game Friday night and can't get out of it. <grumblegrumble>

neoangelwink
09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
We'll be there just Saturday and Sunday. Someone has to play at a football game Friday night and can't get out of it. <grumblegrumble>

aaawww hug satday more fun any way ^_^

Demri
09-04-2003, 06:08 PM
I know. Er, at least I figured that out from Otakon. It just means I have to choose between costumes, that's all. Guess that means no pink costume Quisty this time around. Ah, well. Maybe we should meet some time on Saturday then and get a group shot of all of us. Didn't someone mention 2:00 before, or was that at the FF cosplayers at AnimeNext thread? Ow, my head hurts, I am so confused.

How. Mad Murphy
09-04-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking i might go as bridget from ggx. i mean, hw is a guy. keep in mind though i am 21 years old. it might look a little wierd but that's what i am going for. :)

RainAlvaran
09-04-2003, 09:10 PM
I should be there all 3 days. ^_^

RainAlvaran
09-04-2003, 09:16 PM
You know, I'm really leaning towards Shizuma for Saturday......thing is I wanna be comfy since it's the longest day......but there's one problem with that.....RBHS cosplayers.....I don't see too many of them.

neoangelwink
09-04-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm thinking i might go as bridget from ggx. i mean, hw is a guy. keep in mind though i am 21 years old. it might look a little wierd but that's what i am going for. :)

i want see ^_^ u going look so cute!!! it very rare to see male bridget!

Archelon
09-05-2003, 07:50 PM
If I can go, I'll probably be there for just Saturday and Sunday.

number18
09-05-2003, 08:56 PM
If I can go, I'll probably be bringing my Spike Spiegel and Roger Smith costumes that I wore at Otakon. If number18 brings her Dorothy costume, we'll have to get some pics together. ^_^

^_^;; My Dorothy costume isn't even started yet...I highly doubt it'll be ready for the con. BUT! When it is, we mUST get some pics together. hee

Archelon
09-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah, there aren't enough Big O cosplayers out there.

LadyGackt
09-05-2003, 10:25 PM
i didn't like big o that much....

im gonna be kurai from A.S ^___^

neoangelwink
09-06-2003, 12:53 AM
big is good ^_^ but cosply that do darthy do good joy looking creepY. clap for creeptensss

PatrickD
09-06-2003, 12:56 AM
I'll be there with both my Fox McCloud costume AND my Renamon costume. I was tempted to bring my Gene Starwind costume from Otakon 2001 as well, but decided the two foxes are enough for the weekend...especially since I have to check out on Sunday and will probably just end up wearing a Chibi Project or Anime Boston T-shirt.

neoangelwink
09-06-2003, 01:04 AM
I'll be there with both my Fox McCloud costume AND my Renamon costume. I was tempted to bring my Gene Starwind costume from Otakon 2001 as well, but decided the two foxes are enough for the weekend...especially since I have to check out on Sunday and will probably just end up wearing a Chibi Project or Anime Boston T-shirt.
omg ^_^ u are the fameus gene starwind cosplayer i see all over the net glomp. it so nice to meet u. ^_^ i rember also from kat9!! im puting the peice to gethrt. i cant belive i have met. but not gene form. i wll be going as mel and starwind is going as gene. if want see pic look at my gallery. but have not up date becouse i have clean out soem old pics. for new pic soon. wow i cant beleve it.

Lil
09-06-2003, 10:57 AM
I'm definatly doing Twighlight Suzuka! Now I just need to decide.... Shiny fabric or no shiny fabric... Manga version or Anime version. Hmmmm....

Carrot Glace
09-06-2003, 11:18 AM
wow ^_^ very going to loook so good!!!
heheh my costume going waer mite change.
ok

aerith from kingdom hearts 50% mite be doing
reinoa 100% doing
tira from soccer hunter 15% doing
melfina 100 doing.
vida from dbz 15% doing

Carrie, if you decide to cos as Tira, please do it on Friday, since that's when im doing my Carrot Glace costume. Also, I'm doing a special performance during karaoke that night. I'll tell you more about it at the con.

tsugaru
09-06-2003, 11:28 AM
in addition to onimeno kyo/mibu kyoshiro, I i can get my link done im gonna be doing windwaker link :) and um.. my naota is pretty much done.

cyborg_mermaid
09-06-2003, 12:27 PM
I've just decided to be Ayane from DOA2. The classic purple outfit, it's gonna be a trick making in such small time though. x.x I think I'll head to the fabric store now.

PatrickD
09-06-2003, 12:51 PM
omg ^_^ u are the fameus gene starwind cosplayer i see all over the net glomp. it so nice to meet u. ^_^ i rember also from kat9!!

I'm famous?

RainAlvaran
09-06-2003, 03:02 PM
lol, I guess you are. You never know these days. ^_^

Nekobun
09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
My AnimeNext repertoire, so far, is as follows:

Boy (Snowcone shirt), Animal Crossing
Akira (Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix, Konamix)
Dib Membrane (Invader Zim)

A couple are repeat costumes (Akira and Dib), but I got sucked into a skit for the former, and Dib, I have no pictures of from when I did it for a Halloween party last year. That, and I'm a bit low on funds right now, so I kind of have to stick with what's already in the closet.

Demri
09-06-2003, 06:15 PM
That's so much fun, Neko! I'll have to be sure to look for a little Animal Crossing boy. I haven't seen someone do that yet. Yea!! :)

neoangelwink
09-06-2003, 07:40 PM
^_^ how many peep are going as outlaw star chatcher? to animenexts?

Archelon
09-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Animal Crossing is like crack. And I still owe that freakin' raccoon!!! >.<

Nekobun
09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
That's so much fun, Neko! I'll have to be sure to look for a little Animal Crossing boy. I haven't seen someone do that yet. Yea!! :)

I saw a couple of Animal Crossing girls at Otakon, or at least photos of them afterwards, but that's all I've seen from AC yet. I actually wanted to do it last year, for PhillyClassic 4 (gaming convention), but had some issues with my sewing machine which actually birthed my Akira costume. But yeah, I've got a shovel to go with things, and might make some other props if I have some time around tweaking my Hallloween costume and working on stuff for early next year (Katsucon and PC5, in particular).

And yes, Arche, it is crack; I got it a little under a year ago, and just the other day got all of the fish and filled my museum. The other two people in my town, friends from college, are trying to find a way to deface my home and the statue Nook erected when I paid him off. ^_^ And I actually went so far as to take my fourth house and keep all my Gyroids in it with an extra character; I'm now down to about a dozen left to get.

Me? Problems? Never.

Malon
09-07-2003, 09:00 PM
OMG! *falls over* Rain!! You're from P-burg!?

OMG! I used to go to North in annondale!

Off topic, yes I know. ^_^*

Anyway, lemme see... Possibility of 2 peeps going with meh, and have no costume parts. Oh well. I'll just put on the halo and wings and I'll be set... lol. Can only go sunday tho. Got a show on sat. so only sund.

RainAlvaran
09-08-2003, 03:33 PM
OMG! *falls over* Rain!! You're from P-burg!?

OMG! I used to go to North in annondale!

Off topic, yes I know. ^_^*

Anyway, lemme see... Possibility of 2 peeps going with meh, and have no costume parts. Oh well. I'll just put on the halo and wings and I'll be set... lol. Can only go sunday tho. Got a show on sat. so only sund.

*chokes on his soda* Somebody actually knows where my little secluded city exists!?!?!!?! and they're about my age.....well, I guess that'd be the only reason why. Still....someone knows though.....that's a first.

Malon
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Lol! Yep! I go to the mall there every once in a while.

neoangelwink
09-10-2003, 12:27 AM
mall i have not bee nto one long time.

RainAlvaran
09-10-2003, 08:58 AM
lol, it's nothing very impressive at P'burg mall. Heck we're a small town. Although we do have a tournament every now and then....SSBM Tournament coming up. In other news: I'm already designing costumes fot next year (Just so we can get back on subject).