PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 ... days left to go!

Tenjou
08-06-2003, 05:06 PM
XD sorry about the corny title, I've been drinking coffee.
-sweatdrop- Anywhoo.... only 16 days left until Shoujocon happens. What else is left to do? Are you excited? What cosplay groups are you in (if any)? What events do you want to attend? =D or any other SJC-related stuff can be posted here.

As for me, I just have to attach the sailor collars to Makoto and Tohru's school uniforms, and embellish a shirt. I am *so* excited! *o* I can't wait. I'm in the Sailormoon group (Makoto Kino) and Fruits Basket group (Tohru). I'll try to meet up with the Final Fantasy group if I can when I'm dressed as Lenne. There's a lot that I'd like to go to- the Fruits Basket discussion, the cosplay.com clubhouse meeting (if that's still happening), any of the events with Tomoko Taniguchi in them, the dance, the live action series video and panel, and of course the cosplay activites.

Recycled cyborg
08-06-2003, 07:04 PM
This is my first year going, I am not really sure what I want to do. I'll know when I get there I guess. 16 DAYS LEFT!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!! *dances oddly* .......he-he-he ^o^' sorry, got carried away....

Shiori_Rose
08-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Tenjou:
What is your sailormoon group like? I'm going as SeraMyu style Sailor Neptune and really excited to see anyone else in sailormoon atire!
It's only my second costume so it wont be too great ^^;;

Michela
08-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Hooray for Sailor Moon! (No con is complete without it.) If I *can* go, (about ten different emergencies arrived for me at once, grr) I shall bombard you all with picture offers!

Tenjou
08-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Recycled Cyborg~ Now it's just 15! =D -dances as well- I can't wait!!!!

Shiori_Rose~ Myu Neptune! *o* Even if it isn't all that great (I'm sure it is!), I respect you for attempting such a detailed and complicated costume *o* I totally want a picture of you! ^_^

Actually, it's not my group - I'm just in it. =D Xx Lulu xX is the one who made it. Let me see if I can find the thread for it.... *search* Yay! Here it is!

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?threadid=5318

There's a variety of the characters being cosplayed, but I don't think anyone is being a Myu senshi.

Michela~ Yay! What costume are you wearing (so I can take a picture of you in return ^^)? XD you can't miss me, I'll be the short Makoto (I'm only 5'1"!) =D hope to see you there!

Michela
08-07-2003, 07:55 PM
If I'm sneaky enough to go, (I'll probably mention in on one of the Shoujocon threads in the future) I'll definitely search for you! If you find me on the right day, there's no chance you won't be able to miss me ^_^ I'll be Raziel from Angel Sanctuary on Friday and Saturday. I have a reference picture on my cosplaylab account: http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=29455 I made the jacket and dyed the pants forest green and I have yet to do the hat. The reason you won't be able to miss me is I made a wings with a nine foot wingspan. ^_^ On Sunday, if I make arrangements with Aeva, I'll be Tohma from Gravitation.
I can't wait to see everyone there!

Tenjou
08-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Oh my goodness! I highly doubt I'll miss you then! And Tohma is so cute! his face kinda reminds me of Momiji of Fruits Basket ^^; I hope I don't miss you, that Raziel costume looks soooo kickass *.*

A random question for you all: How many rolls of film/disposable cameras are you bringing? I'm bringing one disposable camera and I haven't decided on how much film to take (maybe 5 rolls?).

Michela
08-09-2003, 12:30 AM
AhHA! It seems as if I *was* sneaky enough. ^^ I shall definitely go (I'm sooo excited!)

I plan to take at least three rolls of film (I'm bringing four, just in case. ^_^) I usually take one roll for each day I spend at a con (for BAAF, I went for one day and used one roll of film and for Anime Boston, I went for two days and used two rolls of film.) Just remember to get a good quality disposable camera (my friend Mike brought two to AB and he was only satisfied with a few pictures) ... make sure it works well in dim light, at least.

But thankee for saying that about my Raziel costume, Tenjou! *_* I've been working so hard on it... I can't wait until I finish! (All I need is a few tweaks ^_^) For the masquerade, I may also bring my Alexiel costume, (I'll be using the Raziel wings for that, though, as I doubt Jen's truck will be able to fit more than three pairs of wings ^_^) but I'm not quite sure about that yet. (I need to repair the choker again and make some new accessories. -_-)

Fruits Basket rocks, 'tis a shame I've only seen a few episodes! (I'll definitely be able to recognize you as Tohru though, Tenjou-san! As long as I'm there on Sunday, I'll look for you. ^_^)

Tenjou
08-09-2003, 10:41 AM
YAY you can come! ^_^ I'm getting more and more excited! I found out yesterday that freshman orientation is the day after Shoujocon ends. And first day of school is two days after that. Now I'm twice excited!

That's a good idea. Hmm.. well the disposable camera is for my friend TJ (arucard) and the five rolls are for me. I kinda figured the 1-roll a day thing, but I want at least one camera for the masquerade and one for all the groups I'm in. Maybe less is better though ^^;;;;

You're welcome *_* it's soooo awesome. I wish I could make and AS costume *___* it must be really hard to craft it. and the wings! o_o those must be a pain sometimes.

^_^ I'll be running around as Tohru for part of Saturday too (summer uniform) but for the majority I think I'll be Makoto. Sunday will be when I'm Tohru full-day. And I figure I'll just wear Lenne on Friday.

Michela
08-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Yay! The reason I may not be going on Sunday is my friend Jen (who was generous enough to take me!) is having her Freshman orientation that day. I'm so glad she can be in the masquerade, though! *_*
I actually think it's better to have more than enough than less, so it *is* a good idea to take five rolls (I'm just cheap and take less. ^^)
AS costumes are less difficult than some are made out to be... all they really require is a bit of patience and, if working with an old glue gun or sewing by hand, (all of which I do o.O) an atequite tolerance of pain (don't let that scare you... my glue gun is from the late 70's, so of course it can be a bit dangerous... as long as you have better quality material than I have, you'll be fine. ^^) Wings can be heavy and a bit nerve-wracking in the mobility sector, (I either need an assistant or a large couch and to put the harnessed wings on, which takes me at least fifteen minutes) but they're more than worthwhile when you have the opportunity to meet Angel Sanctuary fans and fellow cosplayers. I wonder what it will be like to take the bus while carrying a gigantic set of wings :::giggles::: (At least I have my Kurai with meee!)

Tenjou
08-10-2003, 02:59 PM
oh. that's alright 'cause I don't think I'll be staying long on Sunday anyway. I'm so relieved that my freshman orientation is after.

oh okay. the film I use is that Kodak Advance stuff, so it's pretty expensive x_x; but I think I'll splurge for my first convention ^^

I see~ they just seem so detailed *_* I hope to learn more about Angel Sanctuary. I was going to buy the AS DVD at a store I saw it in, but then I heard the dub was horrible, but I don't think that anyone has liscensed the manga, so I guess I have to settle for the DVD ^^; XD going in a bus in any costume would be funny, but I think the wings would make it.

Michela
08-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Is this your first convention? *_* You'll have sooo much fun! (I only went to my first con for a few hours on one day, but I loved it; there are so many things to do and people to meet! I'm glad I didn't have a bulky costume then. ^^)
I use Kodak 800 film (it's the only film that makes me look good, despite how expensive it is... judging how much I spend on costumes, film costs are nothing XD)
The AS dub *is* horrible, but the DVD has both Japanese audio with subtitles and the dub. The manga hasn't been licensed, but it has been translated and scanslated at several places (http://www.omanga.net has the greatest scanslations... that's how I had the opportunity to read the manga, which is absolutely superb in my opinion. I have to pay homage to the OAV, though... that's what got me into the series.) I love cosplaying from Angel Sanctuary, though... it's great fun, and the work put into every costume is well rewarded with attention and general gawking from the public. ^^

Twelve days until Shoujocon! ::: Dances the Happy Dance:::

Tenjou
08-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Yes it is actually! ^^ That's one of the reasons why I'm so excited. I hope I have a good time! (from all I've read about SC I think that it is highly doubtful I won't) Yeah I figured it wouldn't be a good idea if I had a bulky costume on so it'd be easier to get to all the events.

I use 400. I tried the 200 once, but I think 400 just is better quality.

oh I didn't know the DVD has the Japanese track on it. if I see it at SC... it's coming home with me >D thank you so much for the link! *_* I'll definately check it out. yes the AS costumes are always so wonderful to see. =D

12 days! That's it! >D

P.S. If this seems a little short, my original post was eaten and I just typed up what I could remember. I'm not very high-energy right now 'cause I just got back from seeing Seabiscuit and eating dinner (and doing some last-minute Tohru shirt pinning XD)

Eriol
08-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Tip:
In all your excitement, don't forget to eat and drink water to stay hydrated.

*walks off*

Michela
08-11-2003, 01:54 AM
:::Has an iced tea next to her at this very moment::: Oh, you shant worry about me ^_^

And bilingual DVDs are my friends...

Recycled cyborg
08-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I'll be the stupid one who forgets, or drink too much and get water overdose.........................and my chocolate to pump me up.^o^

Eriol
08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
You're a seasoned veteran, Ms. Michela. I was giving the tip to first-time con goers. heh

Tenjou
08-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Don't worry about me - (thanks for the tip though!) I'll be walking around with a water bottle at all times. Nothing would be worse than getting dehydrated at my first con o_o;

Michela
08-11-2003, 06:28 PM
:::Puts on the veteran badge::: I learned that from practically dying of thirst at Anime Boston ^_^ Another tip: if you get caught without food or water at a con, (that happens many-a-time) there is usually water in panel rooms and sometimes Pocky and other snacks are sold in the dealer's room... granted, they're overpriced, but even a small box of snacks will definitely hold one over for the day. If you can't find it in the convention, hotels almost always have snack and soda machines... it might be out of the way of the convention, so be prepared to frighten the normals! ^_^
Thanks for reminding me, Eriol!

Eriol
08-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Michela
:::Puts on the veteran badge:::.[...SNIP...] If you can't find it in the convention, hotels almost always have snack and soda machines... it might be out of the way of the convention, so be prepared to frighten the normals! ^_^

Yes, those dang Muggles. heh

Originally posted by Michela
Thanks for reminding me, Eriol!

No problem, Miss. Wizard Legends perform public service announcements. heh

neoangelwink
08-12-2003, 02:51 AM
^_^ oh boy i have much work to do!!