PDA

View Full Version : NC Cosplay groups

Darnellrbts
06-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I love anime, But none of my friends like anime, so im not looking for anything specific yet, but would like to meet some fellow cosplayers as to have people to go with to conventions, make friends, etc.

MissMina2
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Check at Libraries, school, andat your mall for an F.Y.E. or Suncoast. They have events every few months for cosplayers.

Aduial
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
My friend works at the Suncoast in Cary. July 12th is Animania so there should be a lot of cosplayers/anime fans there that day. You are free to go in costume (just no weapons of any kind, even fake ones) and usually there is some sort of sale going on.

I am thinking about attending as well this time as I usually don't; it is usually on a Sunday and I work on Mondays in Statesville. If I do, I'll be in a Kuroshitsuji cosplay of some sort (not sure which one yet).

Darnellrbts
06-08-2009, 12:23 AM
OK thx for the reply im gonna have to check out Animania then

Shara-chan
06-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I recommend SunCoast, F.Y.E, Saturday Matinee, whatever type of store like that that has those Animania events. I made friends with some of the staff at my Saturday Matinee over cosplay. ^-^ Libraries, too. I multiple libraries in the city I live in usually have anime related meetings, usually on a Tuesday, so that's something else you could check out. Although I'm basically repeating what everyone else said. ^^;;

SorcererSupreme
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I HIGHLY recommend the Animania in the Cary mall. A good chunk on the consistent cosplayers go to that event; including myself. the staff at that Suncoast treats us cosplayers very well. If Cary is too far for you, the FYE in Triangle Towne center has a goood Animania(I think it's called the same thing there.....) as well.

The FYE in Southpoint also has a similar event, but as far as know it's not as popular as the first two.... But then, I've never been.

Tigress
06-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Southpoint's is relatively new, so they haven't had as much practice at it.

Darnellrbts
06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I HIGHLY recommend the Animania in the Cary mall. A good chunk on the consistent cosplayers go to that event; including myself. the staff at that Suncoast treats us cosplayers very well. If Cary is too far for you, the FYE in Triangle Towne center has a goood Animania(I think it's called the same thing there.....) as well.

The FYE in Southpoint also has a similar event, but as far as know it's not as popular as the first two.... But then, I've never been.

Nope cary like a good 15 min from where i stay so im gonna go to that event.

Aduial
06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Since Animania is only two weeks away, who is going? And to which one?

I have volunteered to help with the cosplay contest at the Cary Animania for Suncoast. I'll be dressed as Ciel Phantomhive. Long coat and a top hat, that will be me. :)

Darnellrbts
06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
im going to the one in cary but i wont dress up though.

Tigress
07-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Okay, work schedule BS has been straightened out, so I know I'm going. Not sure of my costume yet, though.

salty
07-01-2009, 10:13 AM
What is the timeframe for Cary?

Aduial
07-01-2009, 12:23 PM
What is the timeframe for Cary?

I think, according to my friend, they start when the mall opens at noon. I know the cosplay contest is at 1 pm; I have been told numerous times not to be late since I'm helping. There's another activity scheduled for 2, and I think another at 3. I have lost the e-mail where she tells me what is happening when though.

salty
07-01-2009, 12:54 PM

MiddayIce
07-26-2009, 08:56 AM
does anyone know when the next animania at the malls are going to be?

Aduial
07-26-2009, 03:16 PM
does anyone know when the next animania at the malls are going to be?

I don't think it's been announced yet. I would venture a guess and say around September/October. They usually arrive in 2-3 month cycles. It could be more or less though; it all depends on the parent company.

Aduial
07-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Next Animania has now been slated for September 27th

MiddayIce
07-30-2009, 09:07 AM
cool thank you