PDA

View Full Version : Yuna obi = done

Dia
08-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I finally got around to uploading the photos of the Yuna obi I made (commission), if anyone is interested in seeing them. I'd love to know what you all think ^^ Pictures in my gallery. Pardon my crappy camera and its crappy flash.

Yuna
08-07-2003, 12:19 AM
I think it's gorgeous. =3 I really love the high quility approch you took and linned the entire thing ^__^ It's marvelous! =3~

Ihrie
08-07-2003, 12:55 AM
oh yeah it is!! I saw it and I was like *o* oh my gawd, dat's beautiful! But what else could we expect from Dia!! It's really nice to see cosplayers do something that looks really good for someone else. People can sometimes chince on certain things because it's not for them...and the love isn't really there.

Limeyaku
08-07-2003, 02:05 AM
dia, you're very VERY talented. *-*; the obi is gorgeous as is everything else that you've made. ditto what yuna and ihrie both said. *_*

strychnine
08-07-2003, 03:33 AM
Did you paint it? How did you make that? It's gorgeous!!

the_tennyo
08-07-2003, 03:34 AM
is there a pic of it elsewhere online?

Riveraria
08-07-2003, 12:07 PM
wow wow wow, Dia that is so stunning ^__^

Ayana
08-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Wow, that's really good!! I hope that when I make that costume mine turns out that nice...

Koumori
08-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by the_tennyo
is there a pic of it elsewhere online?

There will be, when I get around to finishing the rest of the costume.

Dia did a FABULOUS job - I can also report that it is incredibly well-made, sturdy, beautifully painted, and very authentic.

Dia
08-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Koumori - Oh, thank you so much ^_^ I'm so glad you're happy with it. I can't wait to see it on you!

Strychnine - Yep, it's all handpainted. Took forever, but it was worth it. It's fortunate I actually enjoy that sort of thing ^^; As for making it, it has a whole lot of layers - the yellow silk (oh how I love that fabric) with felt and interfacing inside to stabilize, attached to the pinkish tapestry, which is also interfaced and has boning. It's pretty heavyweight, but that's so it will hold its shape well.

I really appreciate the compliments, everyone *smiles*

Koumori
08-07-2003, 02:26 PM
It rocks. Dia rocks. And I'm really sorry I didn't get back to you personally, Dia - things went nuts around here for the last couple of weeks. :)

Dia
08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Not a problem in the least. I'd thought about emailing you again, but I figured it would be more of a nuisance ^^;

Faily
08-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Ah! It looks so gorgeous! :) You did a wonderful job. *claps*

Can't wait to see your costume when you're done, Koumori. ;)

Christine-chan
08-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Dia is so good at making costumes *______* You did such a fantastic job on the painting, it looks superb. :D And the overall construction of the whole obi is just perfect too X33

Koumori's going to look so good in it! :D

Koumori
08-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Christine-chan

Koumori's going to look so good in it! :D

Just hope I can make the rest of the costume do it justice! I am *so* behind the curve on this one, but Dia's inspired me. :)

strychnine
08-08-2003, 10:10 AM
It really MUST have taken a long time, though I'm like you, I love doing things like that, it's a challenge to see something that has to be mae, and then figure out how to do it. I'm currently trying to figure out a gunblade someone ordered off my site...lol