PDA

View Full Version : Midna Cosplay Help

Lassie Kuro
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
So, for CCI this year I have decided to cosplay as Midna (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/a90_01/Midna27s_true_form.png) from Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess! I've got the body suit ordered, in white, and just need help on some of the other hands-on stuff.

For starters, I was wondering:

Should I paint the suit when I'm wearing it, or just paint it while I'm not wearing it?

So, for when I paint the body, I was also wondering:

What type of paint should I use that isn't super expensive?

As you can probably tell, yes, I am a first time cosplayer! I really should've meantioned that earlier, but, oh well! My dad is helping me with the costume, but he's not really that 'talented' in the cosplay/costume area!

Any help would be VERY appreciated! Have a nice day [and summer if you've got one!]!

~ Lassie Kuro

Nillyan
09-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi fellow Midna-cosplayer!
I'm doing a Midna cosplay as well. A good tip for you to is to spraypaint the body suit when you're wearing it. You may want to ask someone else to do it for you, since you'll need to cover parts of the body suit with a towel so it doesn't get black dust on it.
Also, painters tape should be a really good thing put on the suit, to create the line between the black and white color. :)
I hope this was helpful!

xoxo Nillyan

AuthenticEm
09-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey! So what my friend did for her Midna costume was she taped the parts of the costume that were going to be white so when she spray painted it black she wouldnt get the black over there. For the arms (since they're black/blue), she spray painted the arms the blue color that she wanted about halfway up the arms. After that, she taped the special pattern on the arms (ie, she put the tape over the blue in the position she wanted the blue to look like.). After that she spray painted the arms black again and when she tok off the tape it looked amazing. When she was taping it, she was constanly taking it on and off to make sure it looked right for her, and when she was spray painting, she wasnt wearing it. Because after you paint it, you can't get out of it for a while or else you might mess up the paint. Hopefully that helps (:

expiredgumiworm
11-05-2011, 09:41 PM
just curious, what suit did u order?