PDA

View Full Version : Patterns for Lavi costume?

Mongrel
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Anybody have a link to a pattern I could buy online that's similar to Lavi's 2nd uniform? I'm trying to find one right now, but it would definitely save a lot of time if a previous Lavi cosplayer bought a pattern online and has a link <.<

Soooo, if anybody can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!! ^_^

EgnirysFaye
06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Go to your local fabric store and look through patterns there that are for jackets and snug pants. Even though it's not close, halloween is usually a great time to get patterns - my friend used a pattern from a Matrix outfit to make a Riku KH Org. cosplay.

But if you can't find anything or unable to get to a store, you can try this link for jacket patterns: http://m-sewing.com/patterns-catalog/women/jackets.html I looked through some, and you can find a couple that are similar or at least be able to modify slightly.

Here is also a pattern for basic pants for men: http://www.independentliving.org/fashionfreaks/pants/simp1.html

Hope it helps it a little bit XD; Sorry about giving you one link of women's sizes and one of men's.

Mongrel
06-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll find something useful. Where I live, I'm really limited in the fabric stores I can go to...Considering there is only one... :/

Mongrel
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Update: I've found a great pattern for Lavi's jacket. It's actually out of print, but I ordered a downloadable pattern. If anybody needs the pattern, I've scanned all of the pages ^_^ So feel free to ask!

~Mongrel

MajaLi
07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
!!! I've been hunting for a jacket pattern for Lavi for ages! If I pm you my email address, would you mind sending me the pages? Thank you so much for scanning them!

Mongrel
07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah, sure! ^.^ No problem, I'd be glad to help.
I feel your pain, it took me forever to find this pattern, heheh

DGRAYMANiac
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
May I have the pattern for the jacket too please? I am really behind on my cosplay. :sulk:

Mongrel
08-02-2009, 02:56 AM
May I have the pattern for the jacket too please? I am really behind on my cosplay. :sulk:

Yeah, no problem!
I'm still behind on mine, too. I haven't gotten past the pattern yet...I don't even have material <.<;;
If you want, just PM me your email address and I can send you all the scans ^_^

DGRAYMANiac
08-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks a lot! :toothy:

sketchy02
08-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Would I be able to get the pattern for the jacket too? It would be a great help.

Mongrel
08-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Sure, just PM me your email. It's no problem at all ^_^

blackmistboy34
06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
can u please send me the pattern if u know where to get his 3rd uniform too can u tell me where to find it thanks so much!

Mongrel
06-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Sure, just PM me your email and I'll get it to you as soon as I can. Sorry, though, I don't have a pattern that suits the 3rd uniform. You could try searching for military-like patterns *shrugs*

Mehdia
06-12-2010, 02:42 PM
blackmistboy34: I PMed you the pattern I used for my Lavi's 3rd uniform and some tips on making it. If you need anything else, let me know!

Nefilim Lester
06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Aww i would apreciatte if you could pm me and send me the patterns for lavi cosplay *3* i want to cosplay it soo bad!!! pleas eplease pleaaaase!!! >o<!!

Tsuki Kurosaki
08-27-2010, 02:44 PM
i would seriously apreciate if you could send me the pattern :) i've been serching all over and have not found anything :/

Mehdia
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
i would seriously apreciate if you could send me the pattern :) i've been serching all over and have not found anything :/

Were you asking for the ones I used or one someone else has?

Tsuki Kurosaki
10-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Were you asking for the ones I used or one someone else has?

i was looking for the other but if you have one for one i'd still appriciate it very much, i'm attempting to do all 3 forms of Lavi :)

animejazzi13
12-02-2010, 08:25 PM
@Mehdia Omg could you PM me that pattern for lavi's 3rd uniform it would be a big help thnx a bunch!

wheresswaldo
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I'd appreciate it if someone had a 1st uniform lavi pattern and could send me it! :D

VKlover
01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Can you send me the jacket pattern also please? I need it. I REALLY wanna cosplay as Lavi (SMEXII) and I have 2 places where I can go (Jo Ann and Hobby Lobby). I also have at least 2 Staples in my area and a Michaels. xDD I'm really lucky to have all of these resources! xD But yeah, can u please send it to me? I'll PM u my email.
Thanks
Natalie (Sheree)

Mongrel
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Can you send me the jacket pattern also please? I need it. I REALLY wanna cosplay as Lavi (SMEXII) and I have 2 places where I can go (Jo Ann and Hobby Lobby). I also have at least 2 Staples in my area and a Michaels. xDD I'm really lucky to have all of these resources! xD But yeah, can u please send it to me? I'll PM u my email.
Thanks
Natalie (Sheree)

Did you mean the pattern for Lavi's 2nd or 3rd uniform?
If you're looking for the second, I'm sorry to say that I don't have it anymore. I would suggest just going through the patterns at sewingpatterns.com though. That's what I did.

Mehdia
01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks
Natalie (Sheree)

Did you mean the pattern for Lavi's 2nd or 3rd uniform?
If you're looking for the second, I'm sorry to say that I don't have it anymore. I would suggest just going through the patterns at sewingpatterns.com though. That's what I did.

Like Mongrel said, which pattern are you looking for? But I agree. When I start looking at costumes I'm going to make, I usually rummage around sewingpatterns.com and find things I think would work. I have a JoAnn's, several Hobby Lobby stores, and a ton of Hancock Fabrics around me, but I sometimes tend to order patterns from sewingpatterns.com because they are priced decently and usually have some really good sales where I can get a lot of them fairly cheap.

VKlover
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey guys I'm sorry... xDD

Unfortunately I'm broke, and I only have enough money to order my Black Butler cosplay... >.< I dont have money for fabric. But thanks anyway.

teenagemuggle
08-07-2011, 03:07 PM
do you think you could PM me the pattern? I'm planning on making a Lavi cosplay and I have no idea where to get the pattern. it would help a lot! Thank you!