PDA

View Full Version : RisingSun Photoshoot Beach Cosplay!

mitylene
08-07-2003, 10:36 PM
http://www.risingsun.net/cosplayerspotlight/index.shtml

Beach Cosplay!
We figured, it's Florida, it's Summer, it's HOT! Why fight it? Let's have a water photoshoot so we can keep cool and have some fun!

Time: August 30th (all day)

This however will still be cosplay related and not just everyone going to the beach like they always do with anything out of their closet. There will be a costume requirement that your swimsuit must have been actually worn by your character! ......but wait! Before you start to worry about whether or not you know of a character that's done that in the show he/she is in....keep in mind *any* official episode, movie, or manga (or dream sequence in the show, etc.) will count. For example, that means Gendo can come if he wants (Gendo has a swimsuit in the EVA manga). See? And just wearing a normal costume and getting wet will not count either. It must be a water related costume (a scuba suit would count).

You will need to bring proof (like a simple photocopy) of your character wearing the outfit, or risk being ejected and not being able to participate.

One note. It is probably best/easiest to use a normal swimsuit as the base for your costume and modify it, but if you are making it from scratch, make sure it is of good material that will hold up to being wet. If don't know what I'm talking about, don't hesitate to send me and email and I'll be happy to give more details.

And please feel free to bring beach props!! ie. towels, umbrellas, beach balls, volley balls, rafts, etc....

If you are interested in participating in this photoshoot, please contact me by email (webmaster@risingsun.net). The number of people may be limited.

For more details about the photoshoots in general, please see the "join" page.

mitylene
08-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Hey everybody! :)
I didn't know where the best place to post this was. It seem there is still a good amount of flcosplayers reading the AFO section, so I thought I'd post it here.
HELP! I really need some ideas. I really want to go and it's super close to me, but I can't really think of any anime characters with swimsuits that aren't plain navy blue school uniform swimsuits i.e. Chi from Chobits , Rei from EVA, Card Captor Sakura, Angelic Layer etc.etc. Any ideas for anime or video game character with cool switsuits would be much appreciated! <^-^>

Raine
08-08-2003, 01:39 PM
You probably should've put this in either the Seeking Cosplayers or Other Cons forums. ^_^

I'd love to go too, and I was originally going as Hotsprings Yuna, but then I found out that Hannah was doing that already. @__@

Pfft, if you get any ideas for this, please feel free to share them! ^_^;;

mitylene
08-08-2003, 02:35 PM
I think I may try to go as a swimsuit dejiko ;) I found a pic with her in a white swimsuit it was really super cute and it'll recognizable with the green hair, bells, and the hat. :)

Is anyone else planning on going? And who are you going as?

Raine
08-09-2003, 01:29 AM
I've decided I'm either doing a Belldandy bathingsuit or I'll be towel Motoko along with my friend doing towel Naru. ^_^ But more likely Belldandy.. the suit is WAY too cute to pass up and plus I found the perfect bathingsuit to modify for it!!! ^_^

Arisa
08-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm going as a bathing suit Fuu ^__^ It's a REALLY freaking cute bathing suit...