List last updated September 24, 2009 @ 10:30AM

Friday:
BeautifulSpirit - Kisame
MrShm33 - Sasori
Rivenox - Hidan
santose2008 - Young Itachi
GreyKungF00l - Tobi
ZFandKILover - Hidan
slyzerov2 - ANBU (bringing friend as ANBU)
O.ObsessedO.O - Temari
fenixmage - Itachi
Aurora Maryte - Konan
Ukara07 - Hinata

Saturday:
gao chan - SNJ Sasuke
santose2008 - Tobi
Downy863 - Konan
KunaiKandies - Sasori
moonsong - Konan

Undecided:
Dragonsfire867 - Deva Path Pein
KensukeX - Toad Sage Naruto
itssmisskara - SNJ Naruto, SNJ Anbu Kakashi
XxEmo SasukexX - Demon Tayuya

[B]Photoshoot set list:

Akatsuki
Leaf Village
Sand Village
Other Villages
Team 7
Team 8
Team 9
Team 10
Team Hawk
ANBU
The Kage's
Sharringan Users
SNJ
Pairing requests

Aurora Maryte
06-20-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll be there as Konan, I just don't know which day... And idk, I might pull my Deidara cosplay out of the closet too, if anyone wants me too. If nobody could care less though, I'm going to wear my new costumes, and forget about the Deidara one...but it's possible that I'll wear both Konan, and Deidara at some point during NYAF.
Konan is a definite though.

DespairedPheonix
06-21-2009, 11:54 AM
thats cool, hopefully you'll be Konan on Friday so maybe you could join my friends and I for a big Akatsuki shoot, hehehe, we're trying to arrange one lol ^.^;;

ZFandKILover
06-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Im going defentilty as Hidan from Naruto

DespairedPheonix
06-22-2009, 12:12 PM
ooooo, yayyy! More Akatsuki members!!! ^.^

santose2008
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
If I can go in time, I'm going to be Sasuke Team Taka Akatsuki.

DespairedPheonix
06-22-2009, 02:20 PM
nice!!!!! I hope to see you there ^.^

ZFandKILover
06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
I think my friend is going as Blue Sasuke, she hasnt decied between that and Kanda.

DespairedPheonix
06-23-2009, 08:47 AM
that'd be awesome. ^.^ I'm surprised this thread isn't busy. Usually Naruto dominates everything lmao. Then again, we just went through filler for Shippuuden...[for no reason....?] lol

gao chan
06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm probably going to be SNJ Sasuke for part of Saturday and for the Masq but that's only if we're able to get our skit finshed in time to enter.

DespairedPheonix
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
well, you do have time ^.^

Dragonsfire867
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
I dunno if I can go, but if I do (which would be reallllly nice), I'm going as Pein: Deva Path, since it's my default cosplay and I barely have time to even upgrade the costume before then. ^ ^ Really hoping I can make it. The Konan in my profile pic is going, too, so...I guess some of the Akatsuki members are gonna have to go Kage Bunshin no Jutsu for NYAF lol.

DespairedPheonix
06-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Indeed, with the amount of Akatsuki cosplayers we have coming here it seems that will be the route we may take lmao

santose2008
06-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I dunno if I can go, but if I do (which would be reallllly nice), I'm going as Pein: Deva Path, since it's my default cosplay and I barely have time to even upgrade the costume before then. ^ ^ Really hoping I can make it. The Konan in my profile pic is going, too, so...I guess some of the Akatsuki members are gonna have to go Kage Bunshin no Jutsu for NYAF lol.

I hope you can go because your Deva path Pain cosplay look awesome. I hope you bring all your friends. The akatsuki seems to always dominate cosplay for Naruto now. Does anybody know the time and date to meet up or is that up in the air since it's still early.

DespairedPheonix
06-30-2009, 08:44 AM
It's still up in the air. I'm only cosplaying Akatsuki on Friday, so I'd definitely like to have one then. However Naruto is such a large anime there will probably be 2, if not 3, gatherings.

Ukara07
06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Since I dressed as Hinata for the Naruto Prom at AnimeNEXT, I got inspired to cosplay her for real for NYAF. So there Pein! You can't touch me!

DespairedPheonix
06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
hahahahhaa, yay we have a Hinata!!!! :) Hinata's my favorite.

Ukara07
06-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I just won't have the byakugan eyes since you can't really see through them and my eyesight sucks as is... but w00t! I am sooo excited. As soon as my Joann's coupons come in the mail, I can go out and buy my fabric.

Lol I was just thinking, I gotta sew in secret again because my mom says no more cons for the rest of the year... it's a good thing NYC's close by so she won't ask why I'm gone for an entire weekend.

DespairedPheonix
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
haha, touche on the eyes. I'm pretty anal when it comes to cosplay though, I always need to be almost if not 100% accurate. But I draw the lines at not being able to see anything. lol

Dragonsfire867
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey, thanks, Santose2008! ^ ^ Glad it works for me, since it's the only costume that I have at the moment that I can wear, haha.

Dammit, Ukara07, you win. lol. It's gonna be fun to see ya again! (Though this time, my cloak's staying on, since I'm not willing to sacrifice any more unaware bystanders who happen to walk by- I swung my arm once at aNEXT, and my piercings went flying off and hit people in the face....O_o)

Speaking of eyes....does anyone know if there's a place besides that really expensive FX-site that would sell contacts at least similar to Pein's eyes? I'm going to try and outdo myself for NYAF, since I want my costume to look even better...

santose2008
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
DragonsFire that is the only place that have them as we speak. They do look pretty cool on FX site but there pretty expensive at the same time. So I would say wait it out until another legit sight have them in.

DespairedPheonix
07-02-2009, 04:56 AM
You can try seeing how much they'd be comissioning them through InsaneLenses.com

Although InsaneLenses are still expensive when it comes to scaleras. My Kisame ones were $300.

santose2008
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
You can try seeing how much they'd be comissioning them through InsaneLenses.com

Although InsaneLenses are still expensive when it comes to scaleras. My Kisame ones were $300.

Wow. I just found out I can't put anything in my eyes because I'm afraid too. I can't get over that hump. This sucks. Well anyway I just found out I'm defiantly going to NYAF which is why I"m so excited. I had to iron out the details, money issues and now I'm going. I hope I can also explore a little bit of New York as well while I'm there. It's funny I live two hours from New York and never really been up there to site see.

DespairedPheonix
07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
well thats exciting. NY is pretty fun...if you dont live here lol I get pretty bored living here. lol

santose2008
07-02-2009, 02:13 PM
well thats exciting. NY is pretty fun...if you dont live here lol I get pretty bored living here. lol

I know what you mean. I live in philadelphia and we have lots of things to do and site seeing but I find it boring. I want to visit other states then Philadelphia.

DespairedPheonix
07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
So what days do you guys think we should meet up? I'm only going as Kisame on Friday but we can also arrange one for Saturday too.

For Friday, i was thinking maybe mid-afternoon? Maybe 2 or 3?

santose2008
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
So what days do you guys think we should meet up? I'm only going as Kisame on Friday but we can also arrange one for Saturday too.

For Friday, I was thinking maybe mid-afternoon? Maybe 2 or 3?

Can you make it a little later then that like 4pm maybe for Friday? If not then have a photoshot on Saturday as well because 2 or even 3 on friday, I won't get to my hotel until 2-3pm.

Thanks

DespairedPheonix
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I have no problem making one for both days, I just meant I'd only be attending one ^.^;; sorry if that confused you haha

Ukara07
07-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Ooh fun! Naruto photoshoot. I got so hyped up yesterday because not only did my 10" kunai finally arrive in the mail, but I also won the auction for the "shuriken, shuriken pouch, kunai and kunai holster" all for $15!!! So all my details are out of the way and I can focus on the costume. Normally, people do costume first then accessories, but I find that when i do that, I never leave myself enough to make/buy them. So, engines in reverse!

And now I have to find a way to explain why there's a charge for a midnight blue wig on my credit card -_-;

santose2008
07-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Ooh fun! Naruto photoshoot. I got so hyped up yesterday because not only did my 10" kunai finally arrive in the mail, but I also won the auction for the "shuriken, shuriken pouch, kunai and kunai holster" all for $15!!! So all my details are out of the way and I can focus on the costume. Normally, people do costume first then accessories, but I find that when i do that, I never leave myself enough to make/buy them. So, engines in reverse!

And now I have to find a way to explain why there's a charge for a midnight blue wig on my credit card -_-;

Don't worry, I'm like you as well. I always do backwards and it works out for me. Actually the assessories should always be first because they take the longest to come to your house. So you have the right idea. I hope to see you as Hinata.

Ukara07
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I know, right? For MetroCon, i ended up doing the costumes first, and the DAY OF the con, i was still super-glueing Ulquiorra's hilt together. Not this time though. I speed sew, so I am using all of August (after my summer classes end) to make Hinata. And it shouldn't be that hard since it's just a bi-colored sweatshirt and cuffed capris.

I just wish she wore regular ninja sandals like everyone else. Now I gotta make those too -_-;

gao chan
07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Let's meet in a spot that everyone is going to know about... or most people err since it's still a fairly new convention but the maid cafe is always there so why not next to the maid cafe or the front entrance way next to the big statue before registration. I think That has some pretty good lighting orrrr downstairs next to the food court. Hrmmm.... I'm thinking of doing some great pictures hanging from the walls of the JJC with Paine and Naruto XD

Ukara07
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Well, that should be interesting to find. This is gonna be my first NYAF, so I'm probably gonna get lost (World's Worst Sense of Direction) lol

santose2008
07-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Well, that should be interesting to find. This is gonna be my first NYAF, so I'm probably gonna get lost (World's Worst Sense of Direction) lol

I'm next to you. This will be my first NYAF so I hope I can read the map right. I can't wait. September will be here before you know it. I need to still prepare.

Ukara07
07-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I just found an ebay seller that I could buy my hinata wig for $25 each with free shipping! That is, if I'm ok with Hinata having black hair instead of navy. which I am since it would then be a more versatile wig, and I'm all for recycling ^^

But yeah, a wig for $25? I was JUMPING! Now I just gotta wait for that next paycheck to arrive -_-;

santose2008
07-20-2009, 04:41 AM
So do I for money flow. I have to be careful what I spend from now on. Everything I buy is for for my custome. I have two conventions coming up and I need to prepare right.

DespairedPheonix
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
OHHHH MY GODDD WHAT A SURPRISE! I get back from Otakon and what do I see? our very own NYAF THREAD!!! yayyy!!! :D

Anyway, I just ran the Naruto shoots at Otakon, and I've come to the decision that I can now accomplish ANYTHING lmao

I'm starting to work on Kisame this weekend, probably at the NY picnic thingie some of us are having in the city. I can't wait! :)

santose2008
07-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I hope the Otaku picnic we are having in philadelphia goes okay. I'm worried about the rain we're suppose to be having. I hope the rain comes at night of Saturday then during the day. This will be my first picnic event. Should be cool. I hope.

DespairedPheonix
07-20-2009, 07:52 PM
for meeting, we're gonna need some place big. I don't remember the JCC all that well, but I do remember it being beautiful XD I'd like to have the gathering no later than 4 on Friday cuz I'm leaving to go to a concert at around 5ish.

idk what time Saturday cuz I'm not gonna be there lol

Ukara07
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome back BeautifulSpirit! Glad to know Otakon went well.

Are the gatherings on both Friday and Saturday gonna be the same thing? Just two different chances?

DespairedPheonix
07-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah. That's usually how it works.

I may only be able to run the Friday one, unless ppl don't mind me showing up as a non-naruto character and run the Saturday one too.

Or if someone else wants to run it, that's cool too :D

Ukara07
07-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Meep! Of COURSE we wouldn't mind having you in a non-Naruto costume! In FL, when we did our Bleach photoshoot, it was organized by a guy who was from a different series as well.

We still love you! (I'm a little hung up on the meds that the docs gave me for my virus, don't mind the insanity ^^)

santose2008
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
BeautifulSpirit we're not going to care if you show up as somebody else for the Saturday photoshoot. Since you handled the Otakon one I feel safe if you run both photoshoots. I never have been to JCC so I'm taking my queue from you since you been there at least once before. I think 4pm is perfect timing for me.

Also, what concert is around 5pm? Is that at the JCC or somewhere else? I'm just curious.

Also, I heard Otakon was crazy mad fun. Did you take many pictures BeautifulSpirit? If you did, can we see some. I feel depressed that I couldn't go but more determined to fulfill the mission to go next year. I heard Otakon is supposed to be July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. I will be there. I hope my driving abilities are ready to go. I want to drive down there. It should be fun. However, I heard it's best to stay at a hotel for Thursday-Sunday at least to not get caught up in the lines in grabbing your badges and to see more awesome cosplayers.

StripperANBU
07-21-2009, 10:18 AM
yo.=P this year will mark my first NYAF,im rolling to NY to see my buddies bspirit&crew again.^_^

B' im gonna try and have my TS sasuke done in time,otherwise aside from that i'll be bringing my my new ANBU again,i just gotta fix the giant Kunai that my brother got glomped with,
-___-;...anyways,lemme know how much i gotta front for the room.its just gonna be me this time though.^_^

KISAME!=D!

DespairedPheonix
07-21-2009, 10:45 AM
BeautifulSpirit we're not going to care if you show up as somebody else for the Saturday photoshoot. Since you handled the Otakon one I feel safe if you run both photoshoots. I never have been to JCC so I'm taking my queue from you since you been there at least once before. I think 4pm is perfect timing for me.

Also, what concert is around 5pm? Is that at the JCC or somewhere else? I'm just curious.

Also, I heard Otakon was crazy mad fun. Did you take many pictures BeautifulSpirit? If you did, can we see some. I feel depressed that I couldn't go but more determined to fulfill the mission to go next year. I heard Otakon is supposed to be July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. I will be there. I hope my driving abilities are ready to go. I want to drive down there. It should be fun. However, I heard it's best to stay at a hotel for Thursday-Sunday at least to not get caught up in the lines in grabbing your badges and to see more awesome cosplayers.

Well, this is actually my first NYAF, however I know the JCC very well. I can't count how many times I've been to that place XD [My dad was a big car/boat show person. And I love the technology expo that goes on there :D]

The concert is actually really far from the JCC, it's a KMFDM concert. It starts at 8 which is why I need to get outta the JCC by 5, cuz I don't think showing up to KMFDM with a blue face and latex gills would be really attractive XD

As for the Otakon info, that is all true. It's July 30-August 1. I drive down EVERY year. I LOVE driving so it doesn't bother me much.

It IS VERY TRUE that it's best to stay Thursday-Sunday, for some it's even better to stay Thursday-Monday, which I think is what my friends and I are doing this year.

Otakon is definitely a con everyone should go to at least once. Some people hate Otakon, but it's still an experience I think all Otaku's and cosplayers should enjoy.

And I got SO many pictures, they're all mainly of the Naruto gathering tho XD

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/_Anchi_/OtakonConPics/

I was the Gaara with the huge gourd, and the 6th Hokage Naruto.

@Stripper: The rooms are 108/person right now, but I know more of my friends wanna come to NYAF so that number may go down relatively fast. XD

EDIT:
Wow I forgot to actually talk about NYAF's gathering XD

Okay so we'll have 4PM on Friday, and how about something a bit earlier, maybe 2PM on Saturday?

As for a meeting place, if I remember correctly there's kind of a long corridorlooking thing on the main floor that's really pretty? >.> I was also thinking maybe we could do the shoot outside, however then we have to deal with all the city people. Idk if anyone ACTUALLY wants to deal with that.

DespairedPheonix
07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Andddd, I've editted the first page with a cosplayers list and a photoshoot setlist. That setlist is the same one I used for Otakon, if anyone wants to add anything lemme know.

The pairings is gonna be something new though, that people have suggested for Ota next year.

So look over the cosplayers list and lemme know if you guys want me to change anything/if anything has changed with your cosplay or plans since you last posted :)

StripperANBU
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
YAY ''StripperSasuke''!!XD
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii283/abishaioh/PartII_Sasuke.jpg

i have NO idea how im gonna get my hair like that without cutting it,because i REFUSE to wear a wig,LMAO!maybe i...>_>...WILL cut my hair,o_O..*shudders*...

Ukara07
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
It's hair...hair grows. We've all had to do it lol

When I cosplayed Nemu from Bleach for MetroCon '08, I cut bangs. I have no forehead so I looked ridiculous, but it was worth it and it grew back out.

And if it's for Stripper Sasuke, then you HAVE to do it! Think of all the girls you'll attract!!!

RiVenoX
07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Hidan, all up in this mother! and all up on that concert as well.
now to make a giant triple scythe...
my spear for cid made me wanna punch everyone on this planet in the face simultaneously, so i can only imagine the pain i'll want to rain down upon this planet during this prop...

madvlad
07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Good, now I know where all the Narutards will be so I can shank them
> o >

DespairedPheonix
07-22-2009, 10:42 AM
ok so since I really dont remember WHERE that corridor is, I think that what gao chan said, that statue by registration would be our best bet. I think people would get confused with the maid cafe.

I think that's how I'll plan it. Saturday and Friday we meet at the big statue at the front entrance by Registration. Friday at 4 and Saturday at 2, is everyone in agreement?

Ukara07
07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Works for me!!!

santose2008
07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the time and place is fine. Also, beautifulSpirit I changed my mind on the Sasuke cosplay. I figured I would do that for Zenkaikon because I can't bring the sword on the Megabus. :mad:

So I had to change the idea.
Friday
Uchiha Obito: Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den version

Saturday
Tobi

Ukara07
07-22-2009, 03:20 PM
You're gonna be Tobi saturday?

Hmm, that's making me wanna bring along Deidara... if I finish the dang coat in time ^_^
And that would also involve more spirit glue for my eyepiece

santose2008
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
You're gonna be Tobi saturday?

Hmm, that's making me wanna bring along Deidara... if I finish the dang coat in time ^_^
And that would also involve more spirit glue for my eyepiece

My Tobi custom is going to be unique. It won't be the regular Akatsuki clothing in all that. It's going to be a custom that expresses Tobi humor side.

Ukara07
07-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Nvm then lol :P

Oh well, doesn't mean I SHOULDN'T have it done by NYAF. It'd be an easy back-up plan ^^

santose2008
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't mind getting your pic as Deidara. So I hope you can get it done by then.

DespairedPheonix
07-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Okay, I'll post all of the info in the photoshoot/gatherings thread then. :)

Seeshelle
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I might go as Shizune of Naruto. I'll prob. go on Sat. or Sun.

DespairedPheonix
07-26-2009, 12:35 PM
^.^ If you come Saturday, I hope to see you :)

StripperANBU
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
It's hair...hair grows. We've all had to do it lol

When I cosplayed Nemu from Bleach for MetroCon '08, I cut bangs. I have no forehead so I looked ridiculous, but it was worth it and it grew back out.

And if it's for Stripper Sasuke, then you HAVE to do it! Think of all the girls you'll attract!!!

i could attract girls cosplaying...MYSELF.lol i just wanna prove to myself that i can cosplay sasuke,cuz up until recently he was one of those characters that i always told myself that i would NEVER cosplay like everyone else,but deep down,i kinda WANT to,XD.

santose2008
07-28-2009, 10:06 AM
i could attract girls cosplaying...MYSELF.lol i just wanna prove to myself that i can cosplay sasuke,cuz up until recently he was one of those characters that i always told myself that i would NEVER cosplay like everyone else,but deep down,i kinda WANT to,XD.

OMG, I was like you too. But when they changed his outfit AGAIN, his new outfit is pretty cool. I like the Akatsuki and black cloak he wears now which is why I want to cosplay him. Wearing a cloak makes anime characters look badass. :skidude2:

Seeshelle
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
^.^ If you come Saturday, I hope to see you :)

I'll be in the Jonin outfit, though. We hardly see that...or at least I hardly do.>w>;;

GreyKungF00l
07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Put me down for Tobi on Friday!! I hope to find my sempai there!! I was there for you at Otakon and, damn it, I'm here for you at NYAF!!

DespairedPheonix
07-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Put me down for Tobi on Friday!! I hope to find my sempai there!! I was there for you at Otakon and, damn it, I'm here for you at NYAF!!

Added GreyKungF00l to the list as Tobi for Friday

Were you Tobi at Otakon?

GreyKungF00l
07-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Were you Tobi at Otakon?

If you're referring to Hawaiian Shirt Tobi or the Tobi who performed "The Tobi Song" at the Masquerade; then yes, I am that Tobi. :bigtu:

Ukara07
08-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Ahh! Another Tobi? Now I REALLY have to put a move on that dang Deidara coat ^^

Just bought my Hinata jacket fabric. Soooo excited

GreyKungF00l
08-03-2009, 06:44 PM

Yes, you must!! I want to go around the con screaming "SEMPAI!!" and I need a Deidara to shout back "Tobi!!" or "SHUT UP TOBI!!" LoL

RiVenoX
08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
If you're referring to Hawaiian Shirt Tobi or the Tobi who performed "The Tobi Song" at the Masquerade; then yes, I am that Tobi. :bigtu:

just to let you know, you're my new best friend.

k glad we cleared that up.

DespairedPheonix
08-04-2009, 09:40 AM

omg! Yes! You were my hero! lol

Oh man, I really need to get going on my things for NYAF. I'm moving on the 15, so it's been really difficult to do anything. I'm going to have a month and a half to get my cosplays together. It's gonna be t3h suck TT_TT

Ukara07
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Omg, you're birthday is this month too beautiful Spirit? Hah hah, I tried conning my mom into getting me a serger for my birthday (next week ^^) but alas, the notion was turned down. All this things I needs are so 'spensive! I'm like, "Hey, y'all wanna know what to get for my birthday? Choose something from my list: serger, dressform, wigs, hefty giftcard to Joann's."

And they all laughed. But you'll be fine, I have faith that you'll pull everything together for NYAF. A month and a half may seem like a short time for us cosplayers, but (and I am going to pathetically quote Professor Moody from the 4th Harry Potter book) CONSTANT VIGILANCE will get us through it ^_^

GreyKungF00l
08-05-2009, 01:07 AM
just to let you know, you're my new best friend.

k glad we cleared that up.

Hey!! Find me at the photoshoot!! Let's do lunch!! :burger:

omg! Yes! You were my hero! lol

Tobi is a Good Hero!!

DespairedPheonix
08-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Omg, you're birthday is this month too beautiful Spirit? Hah hah, I tried conning my mom into getting me a serger for my birthday (next week ^^) but alas, the notion was turned down. All this things I needs are so 'spensive! I'm like, "Hey, y'all wanna know what to get for my birthday? Choose something from my list: serger, dressform, wigs, hefty giftcard to Joann's."

And they all laughed. But you'll be fine, I have faith that you'll pull everything together for NYAF. A month and a half may seem like a short time for us cosplayers, but (and I am going to pathetically quote Professor Moody from the 4th Harry Potter book) CONSTANT VIGILANCE will get us through it ^_^

I'm getting a sewing machine for my birthday :)

lol, and I know I will, but I'm usually the kind of person who has everything done at least a month in advance >.<

Tobi is a Good Hero!!

Indeed :)

ZFandKILover
08-05-2009, 06:38 PM
OMY lol my b-day is in two weeks and im so excited, my mom said she would take me into the city fro a shopping spree at Kinokuniya. I'm happily waiting for my other gift witch would be some Cosplay stuff.

Dragonsfire867
08-05-2009, 08:26 PM
OMY lol my b-day is in two weeks and im so excited, my mom said she would take me into the city fro a shopping spree at Kinokuniya. I'm happily waiting for my other gift witch would be some Cosplay stuff.

Haha, me too with the birthday thing, except that I'm traveling to my university that day....ick. You're so lucky!!! XD But I just ordered myself a new wig as a bday goodie, so it's all good.

Btw, cosplay update- I'll definitely be there as Pein. ^_^

ZFandKILover
08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah i am, :) wait so your b-day is on the 19th to?

Dragonsfire867
08-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah i am, :) wait so your b-day is on the 19th to?

It's on the 23rd *roughly two weeks away* ^ ^;, but still coming up really fast!

DespairedPheonix
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Mines on the 22 :)

and which day are you going as Pein so I can adds you to the list? ^.^

RiVenoX
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
so wait, we have ZF on the 19th, spirit on the 22nd, dragonsfire on the 23rd and me on the 24th... we need people in here on the 20th and 21st now!

ZFandKILover
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
lol yeah, also im doing Hidan on friday and maybe sunday.

Ukara07
08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Lol, I feel so out of place. Mine is on the 12th, smack dab in the middle of the month. Full blown Leo Hellz yeah!

Is it sad that I am absolutely giddy about this? I just bought my fishnet yesterday for the under part of Hinata's outfit. And my wigs came in the mail! It's been a happy week, lemme tell ya...

slyzerov2
08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Me and a friend are going as Anbu on Friday and Sunday. Please don't kill us akatsuki lol

RiVenoX
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry, Jashin demands a blood offering, and i'm always happy to oblige my lord

slyzerov2
08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah well then I'm sticking with the first Shikamaru I see

madvlad
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't understand all this Shippuden stuff!
>:3

ZFandKILover
08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Sorry, Jashin demands a blood offering, and i'm always happy to oblige my lord

Yes we shall serve are lord!

Dragonsfire867
08-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Beautiful Spirit...um, I'm not entirely sure yet O_o. But I'll definitely let you know when that's figured out ^_^

slyzerov2, I can't promise anything....lol. (Wow, I of all the Akatsuki really DO kill a lot of the ANBU, don't I? And all by myself! Mama-Pein would be proud, haha)

slyzerov2
08-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Dammit! Why don't we anbu ever last more then a few minutes? lol.

DespairedPheonix
08-09-2009, 09:43 AM
hahahahha, mama-Pein.

Speaking of Akatsuki killing people...when I went to Otakon as Gaara, there was a huge Akatsuki group there that followed me for a good 15 minutes [I think we were going to the same place.] It was pretty funny, and every once in a while I'd turn to them and say "Don't kill me." with this serious voice and I don't think they actually understood why I was saying it o.o

ZFandKILover
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Lol, that must have been scary 0.0

DespairedPheonix
08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
lol it was, I really thought they were stalking me until they turned away XD

ZFandKILover
08-09-2009, 02:41 PM
That happened to me at my first con except it was a group of bleach cosplayers, turns out they had a photo shoot near where mine and my friends one was.

Dragonsfire867
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
That's hilarious, BeautifulSpirit! I do love my Akatsuki! XD
ZFandKILover- I dunno if it's just coincidence or what, but Bleach people really do tend to do that a lot, haha. Maybe we Naruto cosplayers are just too cool for them to resist? ^^

Oh, speaking of Bleach- I don't know how late I'll be to the Saturday shoot- I'm trying to make it to both the Friday and Sat ones in my Pein cosplay, but I have a Bleach shoot only an hour before the Naruto one on Saturday...and getting on my Pein cosplay is a huge, well, PAIN. It usually takes at least 45 min to get on, and I don't know how early I can leave the Bleach shoot (damn Bleach people- can't they schedule another one on a different day or something???). I'm trying to get it changed to either earlier or after the Naruto shoot, but the Bleach subforum is devoid of life these days... Anyone have any thoughts on all of this? :confused:

Ukara07
08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Hey! Just because we think that Nrauto is so much cooler than Bleach (as this is a Naruto thread); the minute any of us go on a Bleach thread, than Bleach is cooler than Naruto lol

But y'know, Naruto has Kakashi, so I suppose that tips the scale in it's favor

CeilingMan
08-09-2009, 10:52 PM
If I manage to come, count me in.

I'll be Tobi, as usual.

DespairedPheonix
08-09-2009, 11:41 PM
I really hope you do, cuz we didn't get a chance to really chill at I-Con :(

RiVenoX
08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah well then I'm sticking with the first Shikamaru I see

i'll just avoid genjutsu laden forests then, and i should be good.

Ukara07
08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
You'll just have to nab the nearest Sakura to dispel all genjustu then lol

itssmisskara
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I am either going as SNJ Naruto (clouds)

or Anbu "SNJ" Kakashi

I'd love to meet up photos etc!! I'll be the crazy girl with the Konoha tattoo :P

DespairedPheonix
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
look forward to seeing you there! ^.^

Moonsong
08-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it this year, but if I do, I'll be Konan.. Please wish Konan a happy birthday, because mine is on the 26th! XD

DespairedPheonix
08-17-2009, 10:55 AM
hehehe, well I hope you can make it, and happy early birthday! :)

Moonsong
08-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks very much. ^_^ Splee!

StripperANBU
08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
its looking like i cant make this one anymore.stupid teeth.;_;

DespairedPheonix
08-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Rivenox is gonna be SO disappointed that he's not going to have a partner.

ZFandKILover
08-19-2009, 02:22 AM
its my birthday!

Moonsong
08-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Happy birthday!!..I think? Not sure if you're saying your birthday is today, or will be at the convention. n_n;

DespairedPheonix
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Happy Birfday! :d

santose2008
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday even though I think it is next month if I'm reading your post right.

ZFandKILover
08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
no its today. :) I just an amzing gift from my grandma.

Ukara07
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Ooh! Waddya get waddya get? *jumps excitedly*

ZFandKILover
08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
I got $500 dollars! I get to use it on whatever i want...i think im going to buy some England Cosplay stuff..but i really want chakrams..and books and...I'm having trouble on deciding what to use it for.

santose2008
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Cosplay Stuff and spend some at the NYAF. You never know when you'll need it.

DespairedPheonix
08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
oh man. If I got 500 dollars I'd make an EPIC cosplay of EPICNESS xD

santose2008
08-20-2009, 01:10 PM
If I got $500, the truth, I would probably use it for bills. Yeah. I get no fun when I have those hovering over me every month.

Ukara07
08-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah,. unfortunately, all large amounts of $$ go to car payments, cell phone, gas...

And the secret stash under my bed for when I FINALLY move out of my parent's house -_-;

But maybe I'd put $100 of it aside for cosplay. I'm pretty good at budgeting myself.

Moonsong
08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Happy birthday and congrats on the awesome present! I'm hoping that I get some money for my birthday, too (Which will be on Saturday of NYAF) so that I can save up for Boston. :D

ZFandKILover
08-20-2009, 02:10 PM
My Brother got me a great gift to! he got me the Naruto Manga boxset and an Itachi Plushie, Hes usually such a jerk on my birthday and he HATES Anime but he still got me that awesome stuff and maybe more becuse he usually always gives me somthing on the day after. y Dad got me flowers and took me

oh man. If I got 500 dollars I'd make an EPIC cosplay of EPICNESS xD

Well i buy my cosplays and such since i cant sew for poop and i dotn have acess to stuff to make wood props.

KunaiKandies
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
So after some debate, I decided to squeeze in Sasuke for this con.
I have everything from a year ago, so look for a Shippuden Sasuke (ver. 1) sometime on Saturday or Sunday. c:

And Happy late Birthday to you, ZFandKILover. : D
Mine is in five days~ x3

Dragonsfire867
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Happy late bday, too! You're definitely lucky you've gotten such great gifts! XD

KensukeX
08-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm still debating on bringing my Toad Sage Naruto ^_^;; so idk yet XD

Chibi_Dark_Link
08-21-2009, 12:02 PM
bring it ur Naruto is always amazing =^w^=

Moonsong
08-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Haha I always see you guys everywhere, it'll be great to see you all again. ^^ I'm so excited! Why can't it be September already?

ZFandKILover
08-22-2009, 02:35 AM
i cant wait to see you guys and yes im very lucky

Aurora Maryte
08-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I was just wondering... does anybody know of someone (preferably a really good cosplayer)who will be cosplaying as Pein on Saturday? Or I guess even Friday if not Saturday. This one guy I know was supposed to, but now he's not ever cosplaying again, so I'm kinda screwed right now.

Moonsong
08-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Dragonsfire867 is a really awesome Pein, and she said she's going (back on page 8)!

Dragonsfire867
08-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Aw, thanks, Moonsong! (Just got back on the forums- been off for a day or two going school shopping....uck ><) Got my new wig finished- unless I dye it a darker shade-, so I won't be having that clown-hair for NYAF. That thing made my head look like it was on fire... Xo

Aurora Maryte
08-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Lol, I should have read through all of the pages.... Sorry about that.

But yeah, I agree, you are pretty damn amazing Dragonsfire.
If you aren't super busy, I am looking for someone to do a private photoshoot with me that I'm having done.... and true, I could just have the photographer take photos of me, but it adds so much more to it when there are other characters from the series in some of the photos. So many more poses can be done....
Lol, and by 'more poses', don't worry, I don't mean anything sketchy. I seriously just wanted somone else in my photoshoot, and someone who actually looked like Pein, or whoever it was they were trying to portray because I'm picky about stuff like that since it's a private shoot, and when my friend realized he couldn't afford cosplay for quite some time now..well, he has they outfit, just couldn't afford tickets and stuff... then I thought I was screwed.

But then again, you will probably be busy, so if you can't, you can't. It's cool either way.

Dragonsfire867
08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Sure- I'm totally up for a private shoot ^^. I'm already planning on a mini-one with one of my friends who's also doing Konan, so another is totally fine with me- I'll have some practice posing with Konans XD. (Plus, they're fun!)
Just to let ya know, my mini-shoot is probably gonna be right after the main one on Sat, and then I have a Bleach photoshoot at 4:00, but if needbe I can get right back in my Pein cosplay afterwards. What day/time do you have in mind?

Aurora Maryte
08-24-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure yet if it should be Friday or Saturday... it all depends on when my little brother and sister can go and cosplay from Avatar with me for that shoot. Right now my mother is trying to figure out whether or not it's worth it for them to go on Friday, since they have to be in school. I WANT to cosplay with them Friday though, so I can wear my Naruto cosplay on Saturday, since I look the best as Konan.

It definitely won't be Sunday, and it definitely will be in the evening.
Do you have a preference as to the day?...

Dragonsfire867
08-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Ummm, Friday would almost definitely be better (I'm guaranteed to be in Pein-mode and not in Bleach cosplay then ^^). Friday's also much more open for me, since my other shoot isn't then. But again, whatever works best for you, since you're pretty much in charge of the shoot. I'm sure I could do later on Saturday, even though the changing into Pein is...well, painfully long lol. *Sorry, just couldn't resist cracking that one XD*

KensukeX
08-24-2009, 02:07 AM
XD even now your still cracking them XD

Dragonsfire867
08-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Of course! They never get old! (And...I can't help it XD)

santose2008
08-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm still debating on bringing my Toad Sage Naruto ^_^;; so idk yet XD

Hey Kensuke, bring your school boy Naruto. I want to be Uchiha Obito school boy and it would be cool to take a picture with you.

DespairedPheonix
08-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I got my teeth in for Kisame yesterday. They look amazing, even though they were a pain to make XD

and, it's the 30 day countdown to NYAF!

Moonsong
08-25-2009, 01:19 PM
And with it comes the incessant rushing and screaming because classes start on the 31st and I'm behind on cosplay..Oh boy. T_T

DespairedPheonix
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Indeed, same here. School starts for me on the 1st. X_X

Dragonsfire867
08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Damn, you guys are lucky. I've been in school since yesterday...><

santose2008
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank god I graduated from college. Now I'm living the hard knocks of life.:waaaah:

Life is so unfair. I knew I should have listened to my mother.

Moonsong
08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
^ XD

Happy day! My wig for Konan came today. XD I have mostly everything done, I just need to make a rose hair clip and buy some white roses to give out to friends. :]

Aurora Maryte
08-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Lol, that's an awesome idea with the roses. :)

And... my school started yesterday, and then today I had no class, but had to work 2 jobs. -whines- I'm sooo stressed, I don't knwo how I am going to finish these damned wings, but without them, the photoshoot is worthless(the private one, lol). I'm seriously going crazy- because my stupid graduate school, they're evil there. If you get anything below a B, they kick you out- that's scary, because some of these classes... -shudders-

Glad everyone else is faring much better though- I'd never wish any of this on anyone, lol.

ZFandKILover
08-29-2009, 07:18 AM
gah school starts on the 7th for me and well im trying to figure out if i should get a job or not. Schools really important and i do have a good steady income of cash from mt allowance that starts up again in a week or two and well school needs to be my priority. And i do have a lot saved up, So im stressing. But in good news im almost done with Hidan, the only thing that's left to do is the scythe and that might or might not happen.

Moonsong
08-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I know how you feel, but I most definitely am going to get a job in the bio department on campus. I've been unemployed since last December and it's been a pain in the butt having no money. If you're in college, look to see if they have any job openings on campus. I'm not sure if its the same everywhere, but here, you pretty much set your own hours and work whenever you have free time, so its awesome. ^^

I hope you get your Hidan scythe all done! Hidan is awesome, I'll have to take many pictures. I finished with all the rose accessories for Konan tonight, though I'm not sure if I bought enough. XD

ZFandKILover
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I'll try on the Scythe but it doesn't look likely becuse i dont have the tools to make a decent one and with me its all or nothing XD i wont take a crappy prop with me if i dont like it. I might be able to convince my very artsy Aunt do it so we well like i said see.

Now with the Job, the thing is i dont have many options at 14 and just going into high school, i think im going to wait in-till the first quarter of school is over and if i do well i well then try and get a job.

DespairedPheonix
08-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Almost done with Kisame!!!! Recently finished Samehada. all thats left is the leggings and sweatpants!!!! :D

Moonsong
08-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Yay! Way to go. :3

santose2008
08-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Having money is fun. But if your in college getting a job on campus and you want to see your money in your own hands, make sure they don't try to add it to your college book cost, tuition or something like that. I know they do that sometimes if you don't request that or you agree to it without understaning what they just told you.

But just make sure if you get a job, do all your homework before head, like a week when they give out that syllabus for reading and homework assignments as the semester go. Also, do 20hr max for working or you will feel like your brain is about to explode. I did over 20hr before and I was sleeping a lot in classes because my body needed more sleep. Good luck this year.

DespairedPheonix
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
I do my homework at work :X lmao

Ukara07
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Ugh, classes start in 3 days and I have yet to make Hinata'a pants. Don't get me wrong, it WILL be done *insert Naruto catch phrase (I refuse to actually say it lol)* but instead of doing it leisurely like I wanted, I'm gonna be rushing as per usual.

Yeah, doing school work at work and between classes, and cutting down a couple hours a night to hand sew... whee

DespairedPheonix
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
believe it? :P

and yeah, I'm with you in that boat.

santose2008
08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
BELIEVE IT!!! :bigtu:

Ukara07
08-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Noooo! You said the catch phrase!

Now I must act in traditional Hinata fashion

"Meep!" *faints*

DespairedPheonix
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
hahahahhahaha <3

Dragonsfire867
09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
XD God we Narutards are lame, haha. I'm still trying to get my wig dyed the right color....damn Pein and his forever-changing hair...

Moonsong
09-03-2009, 12:31 AM
LOL. I swear, I read that sentance as "I'm trying to get my dog dyed the right color." I really need sleep..XD

santose2008
09-03-2009, 07:22 AM
LOL. I swear, I read that sentance as "I'm trying to get my dog dyed the right color." I really need sleep..XD

:crylaugh: Yes I must say you need some sleep. Why do anime covention does this to us? Keep us up hours on in to be and look cool at an anime convention when the times comes around. I'm kind of happy that NYAF dosen't start early in the morning because I'm not sure I would last the entire day. I would be sleeping in strange places. If you see me on the floor sleeping just toss pocky sticks in my mouth and then I will be at 100%. :)

Ukara07
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
But...but... my pocky. Oh well, if it shall revitalize you *tosses pocky sticks*

Truthfully, I don't know if I'm going anymore. The people I was supposed to go with seem to have vanished off the face of the planet and I can't get a hold of them at all to confirm room plans and such. And without that, I ain't going. So unless they magically appear in the next week or so...

Arg! Not fair! I spent so long on everything and I might not even GO!

Dragonsfire867
09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
If you see me on the floor sleeping just toss pocky sticks in my mouth and then I will be at 100%. :)

I think that might work for most of us...XD

Moonsong
09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry Ukara! I really, really hate it when people do that. While you can argue that you shouldn't rely on people, I think one should be able to rely on their friends! If they say they're going to do something, they should do it, and if they can't, they could at least give you the courtesy of telling you instead of dropping off the face of the earth.

This happened to me last year, and I was unable to attend Anime Boston because my friend, who was supposed to be my ride/room/cosplay buddy stopped talking to me for like MONTHS, and then like a before the con, she told me she couldn't go. I was like, 'Gee thanks for telling me NOW so I have little chance of finding a ride/room/money to attend." but the awful thing is that she lied, and went without me! I wish people could be a little more considerate.

I hope your friends come through and you can get to the convention okay. ):

ZFandKILover
09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
i might end up doing Hidan for Friday and Saterday. also does anyone know if somthing is going to happen on thursday?

santose2008
09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I've decided to only do younger Uchiha Itachi on Friday for the Naruto photoshoot. I'm going to be The Scout Red Team for TF2 all Saturday. Something about the Sandman bat in my hand gets me too excited. But I will take pictures for Satruday of you guys. So bring your best pose.

Ukara07 sorry about your situation. Yeah friends can be interesting at times when you want to count on them. I would never leave somebody hanging like that. It's wrong and they should at least tell you of the situation if they can't make it for whatever reason they had.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I'll be going Friday as Temari (hopefully)
If the little art skills I have pay off I'll be going as her ^^

-Yumi-chan:reverse:

DespairedPheonix
09-03-2009, 07:17 PM
But...but... my pocky. Oh well, if it shall revitalize you *tosses pocky sticks*

Truthfully, I don't know if I'm going anymore. The people I was supposed to go with seem to have vanished off the face of the planet and I can't get a hold of them at all to confirm room plans and such. And without that, I ain't going. So unless they magically appear in the next week or so...

Arg! Not fair! I spent so long on everything and I might not even GO!

oh noes!!!! i hate it when people do that!!!! >.< hopefully you'll be able to come!!!

i might end up doing Hidan for Friday and Saterday. also does anyone know if somthing is going to happen on thursday?

Nothing really happens on Thursdays. Just a bunch of hotel hang outs and such, some people go to clubs or bars in the local area. Nothing really cosplay/convention related though.

I'll be going Friday as Temari (hopefully)
If the little art skills I have pay off I'll be going as her ^^

-Yumi-chan:reverse:

I shall add you to the list for Friday ^.^

O.ObsessedO.O
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Yeah! There's gonna be a pre-party!
I dun know if I'll be there though

-Yumi-chan

ZFandKILover
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=BeautifulSpirit;3133961]
Nothing really happens on Thursdays. Just a bunch of hotel hang outs and such, some people go to clubs or bars in the local area. Nothing really cosplay/convention related though.QUOTE]

IS there anything maybe for people under 18?

KunaiKandies
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Well, great news.
The lady cut my hair unevenly so that I can't style my hair for Sasuke.
._.

It's perfect for Xion's hair (KH) but it's.. Ugh.
I can't be Sasu now. D:

Oh well, I'll just be Sasori for Sunday.
I fixed my wig. : D

DespairedPheonix
09-06-2009, 01:29 PM
D: You should stab them >.<

I hate it when people do that, which is why I usually trim my own hair. D:

Downy863
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
i cant wait ill be there saturday as konan ^_^

Ukara07
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I even though I have my hair dyed black, I have black wigs and extensions so I don't have to worry about styling my hair.

And the wigs that are pink, green, blonde, and red are just for others ^^

So good news people. Due to BeautifulSpirit's beautiful generosity, I now have a place to crash for NYAF *dances around merrily* and SHALL be there in three weeks!

W00t!

santose2008
09-07-2009, 04:21 AM
That's good Ukara that you can go. It would suck if you couldn't and you got things ready to go. I hope to see everybody there.

Dragonsfire867
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Daaaaarn, apparently my club is being a butt and I might not actually be able to be there on Friday (trying to convince my President- I'm vice, so hopefully it works, but...- to at least go early Friday instead of Saturday and leave Saturday night). Trying to save up on costs, since hotel for two nights for two rooms is rather expensive...

FenixMage
09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
do you need an itachi? i have the costume all set ill be wearing it friday.

Moonsong
09-08-2009, 08:22 AM
We don't "need" anyone. Everyone is welcome! <33

O.ObsessedO.O
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
T-T
I hope my uncle answers my dad's calls cuz if he doesn't I dun have a place to sleep for NYAF.
Hotels are to expensive. At least the one's I found >.<
PLEASE UNCLE JOHN

santose2008
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM

Yay! Another Itachi. I will be younger Itachi before he killed his family.

Moonsong
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm glad you worked things out with your room, Ukara!

@KunaiKandies: Omg, I hate when people butcher my hair. I'm really sorry you can't be Sasuke. D: I remember when I was younger, the hairdresser cut my hair so short and I looked like a boy. I cried for days. XD

Hope your uncle picks up too, Obsessed. The hotels in NYC are crazy expensive, which is why I'm only going one day. =/

Your club should stop being a butt too, Dragonsfire. :3 Meh, I'm being swamped with schoolwork lately so it's kind of a drag. NYAF is going to be a nice little escape for a day. ):

Dragonsfire867
09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Ditto on what Moonsong said about your uncle, Obsessed. Crossing my fingers it works out for you!

And yeah, Moonsong- the workload is a bit ridiculous this year....I think it's practically the same for everyone in that aspect DX. It just seems that some people are better at completing their work than others... (I'm in the bad-at-finishing-work category....and I've got 5 1/2 classes, not including my non-credit courses that I still have work for...FUN.)

Aaaand, as an added note...I'm not gonna let my club stop me- one of my friends and I are going to head down a day early and stay with her cousin, so I still get to be there on Friday XD (hopefully, at least, lol).

DespairedPheonix
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
i cant wait ill be there saturday as konan ^_^

Added Downy863 to the list as Konan for Saturday

Yeah, I even though I have my hair dyed black, I have black wigs and extensions so I don't have to worry about styling my hair.

And the wigs that are pink, green, blonde, and red are just for others ^^

So good news people. Due to BeautifulSpirit's beautiful generosity, I now have a place to crash for NYAF *dances around merrily* and SHALL be there in three weeks!

W00t!

^.^ don't mention it.

Oh, everyone is welcome. We don't shut people out like that. ^.^ everyones welcome to attend the shoot, and everyone will be included!

Added fenixmage as Itachi for Friday :)

T-T
I hope my uncle answers my dad's calls cuz if he doesn't I dun have a place to sleep for NYAF.
Hotels are to expensive. At least the one's I found >.<
PLEASE UNCLE JOHN

OH NOES!!! I hope it works out for you!!!!

Aurora Maryte
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I feel like it's a stupid decision I'll regret later, because with the way things are going, I probably won't have the wings done by that Friday... but BeautifulSpirit, put me down for Friday for Konan.
...My family has a tendency to do things last minute- like when my sister started her Ty Lee cosplay for AnimeNEXT 3 days before, and then kept me up until 6am the Thursday and Friday nights leading up to the convention to finish it....so idk, I might be screwing myself by taking away an extra night or two of staying up to finish it... but, just list me for Friday. It seems to work best for everyone else that way, and hopefully it works out for me too. :)

And @Obsessed- I really hope he answers too... But there's a few weeks still, I'm sure if your father calls every day, he's bound to get him eventually, so don't worry just yet. It'll all work out. :)

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
added Aurora Maryte as Konan for Friday

I hope it works out for you as well ^.^

EDIT:

So I noticed I wasn't keeping a good record of all of the people, so I just shot myself in the face for it and by that I mean, I went from page one all the way to here and added everyone. if I made any mistakes, please let me know!

Also, I missed this comment:

IS there anything maybe for people under 18?

Sorry I missed your comment:

Con related? No. Cosplay related? Many people do cosplay on Thursday and walk around the city for the lulz. I know someones planning a meet up at Dave and Busters, but we're not sure on the age limit as of late. I will update with more information on that once I receive it. But realize, you are in the city. There's tons to do. Restaurants, time square, Broadway. The Village. Shopping [especially window shopping!] All of which are fun to just roam for a very long time. :)

Dragonsfire867
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok, (update) I lied. The friend who I was going to travel with on Friday doesn't want to spend the extra money going to and from where we'd stay on Friday to Sat, soo......yeah. Just going Saturday and Sunday. T_T This really sucks.

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
D: That's horrible!!!!!!

Moonsong
09-10-2009, 09:49 AM
D: Aww. I hate when that happens!

santose2008
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
At least your still going. I'll see you on Saturday and Sunday.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh noes!!! That sucks! T.T

Dragonsfire867
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Yah, it does T_T. I'm looking for other possible ways to get down there, but....doesn't seem likely at the moment.

Moonsong
09-10-2009, 01:12 PM
If you lived around here I would say to carpool with us or something, but no one lives out in the middle of nowhere except me..XD

DespairedPheonix
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Where are you coming from?

XxEmo SasukexX
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
I guess I'll be doing Demon Tayuya. As usual. There hasn't been one con where I haven't worn her too. XD I just have to be careful...it's about time for a new wig and I can't get a new one in time before NYAF. D:

Dragonsfire867
09-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm coming from Boston, BeautifulSpirit. I actually just found two possible options (possibly), so I'm hoping one works out >.< (The lengths we desperate cosplayers go through in order to attend an entire con!)
And Moonsong- aw, that's sweet of you! ^^

DespairedPheonix
09-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Woah! And your commuting each day? I'm coming from Long Island and I couldn't do that, I'm definitely impressed XD

Added XxEmo SasukexX as Demon Tayuya

Is that for the whole weekend?

santose2008
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
I guess I'll be doing Demon Tayuya. As usual. There hasn't been one con where I haven't worn her too. XD I just have to be careful...it's about time for a new wig and I can't get a new one in time before NYAF. D:

I haven't seen a Demon Tayuya before at my con. I looking forward to taking your picture.

Moonsong
09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Dang, that's far! I think I need to move to Boston. All my cosplay friends live there and I have to say I like AB the best out of all the cons I've attended. XD

Ah yes, the lengths cosplayers go to to get to conventions.. <33

santose2008
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm thinking of going to AB 2010 but I would need a place to stay and all that. If I can't go 2010, I want to make it to 2011.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I won't mind living in Boston. Philadelphia ain't all it's cracked up to be. Philly's kinda boring sometimes. . . Not to meation REALLY far from most of the big cons

DespairedPheonix
09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
most of my cosplay friends live in MD and PA XD

I haven't made it to AB either. I won't be able to make it in 2010 so I'm going to try for 2011 :)

I hear people are really critical there though.

Moonsong
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Anime Boston is really awesome. Personally, I've never had an issue there with anyone being critical of me (and my cosplays were pretty bad the first 2 years that I went.) I guess that people can be critical anywhere, but don't let them ruin a good time for you. In the end, their opinions don't matter at all (they'd just like to think so.) ;]

DespairedPheonix
09-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not really concerned about me. I take criticism pretty lightly. I think it could get annoying if every step someone had something to say though. I'm going to try to make it to AB in 2011 :)

santose2008
09-15-2009, 08:01 AM
I won't mind living in Boston. Philadelphia ain't all it's cracked up to be. Philly's kinda boring sometimes. . . Not to meation REALLY far from most of the big cons

Every city is boring if you live in it. I see tourist all the time in philly and they go crazy. I don't see the big deal but I would be just like them when I vist New York for the second time. The first time doesn't count because I went to the UN for a class trip and that's it. I didn't explore anything else. I will see more of New York when NYAF comes around next week. I'm excited.

As for Anime Boston for 2011, I have to scratch it because now my friends want to go to Anime Expo 2011. So I'm saving my money up for that and Otakon which leaves Anime Boston out for that year if I still want to make it too Otakon. So 2010 and 2011 my conventions are already packed so far to attend. Wow, and it's still 2009.:)

DespairedPheonix
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Every city is boring if you live in it. I see tourist all the time in philly and they go crazy. I don't see the big deal but I would be just like them when I vist New York for the second time. The first time doesn't count because I went to the UN for a class trip and that's it. I didn't explore anything else. I will see more of New York when NYAF comes around next week. I'm excited.

As for Anime Boston for 2011, I have to scratch it because now my friends want to go to Anime Expo 2011. So I'm saving my money up for that and Otakon which leaves Anime Boston out for that year if I still want to make it too Otakon. So 2010 and 2011 my conventions are already packed so far to attend. Wow, and it's still 2009.:)

lol, I always have most of my cons planned early. :)

santose2008
09-15-2009, 02:50 PM
It's good motivation on what to do out the year or two and be prepared when they come around. I like to work like crazy and be happy when the times comes around to have money for it. I like to visit closer covention such as NYAF, Zenkaikon, Otakon, Katsucon, Tekkoshocon for driving or greyhound. I prefer not to fly much which is why Anime Expo will be my fist con flying. Should be fun.

ZFandKILover
09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Im very new to cosplay so i have only gone to comic con once. Also i might be Hidan for fri and sun due to my Cloak for Axel not being here ontime...it came to me broken so i had to send it back...we shall see.

Facerape
09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I shall be Naruto and sasuke's love child, kunai kandies said that she'd be glad to be my sasuke daddy XD I hope to contact her before the con. Though I'll prob only be it for half the day.

Kandy if ya see this please PM or something

DespairedPheonix
09-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Does Naruto and Sasuke's love child have a name so I can add you to the cosplayers list? Or is it just Naruto and Sasuke's love child? lol

Ukara07
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
...waiting...for my mother to go to the mall so I can sew... still need to make Hinata's pants.

They say patience is a virtue. Apparently I'm not very virtuous.

DespairedPheonix
09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
*needs to finish Kisame...* ughhhh chest belts >.<

Facerape
09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Er, no I don't think I thought about a name I just thought it would be funny cuz I'm planning to cut my hair so I can spike the back like sasukes and since I have blonde hair and blue eyes I thought it'd be perfect XD I have to throw together clothes for it.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM
XD Sasuke's love child!? That's too good! Oh, btw I have a prob with my Temari. . . I can't find fishnet leg warmers. Where should I look? Grrr! I had them then my cuz stole em when she slept over! T^T She's so mean. . .:waaaah:

Facerape
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
D: I may not be able to do the love child if I can't get my hair cut soon! I've been trying to get someone to bring me to get it cut but first I was sick then my mom and my dad is lazy. And it was Rosh Hashanah and my mom was like we be too busy to bring you. RAWR Gonna try for tomorrow or tuesday, but my grandma is coming from texas tomorrow so maybe not. T^T ARGH!! I need a hair cut either way cuz my bangs have gotten to long and are driving me nuts!

----
Edit: ACK! I just realized something! What if I cut my hair and then I can't get it to stick up?! Then I won't have the hair for either outfits I do D: With Edward I was gonna say that his hair got burned off cuz he got into another explosion >.>

santose2008
09-21-2009, 08:11 AM
D: I may not be able to do the love child if I can't get my hair cut soon! I've been trying to get someone to bring me to get it cut but first I was sick then my mom and my dad is lazy. And it was Rosh Hashanah and my mom was like we be too busy to bring you. RAWR Gonna try for tomorrow or tuesday, but my grandma is coming from texas tomorrow so maybe not. T^T ARGH!! I need a hair cut either way cuz my bangs have gotten to long and are driving me nuts!

----
Edit: ACK! I just realized something! What if I cut my hair and then I can't get it to stick up?! Then I won't have the hair for either outfits I do D: With Edward I was gonna say that his hair got burned off cuz he got into another explosion >.>

I'm sure you can find somebody to cut your hair before NYAF. Just hope it turns out the way you need it to be.

DespairedPheonix
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM

----

I can cutz your hairz!!!! :)

I hope you get everything finished. And getting your hair to stick up...get got2bglued freeze spray and a hair drier. If it can make my hair stay up, you won't have a problem. :)

Moonsong
09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Woo, I bought my ticket this afternoon so everything is go! xD

Ukara07
09-23-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey y'all! Quickie opinion time. In order to finish Hinata's jacket, wig and shoes in time, I might not have the time to finish her pants.

Would it be so terrible if I bought baggie leggings from Kmart?

santose2008
09-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Who's going to care. If you finish the pants in time fine if you don't it's still fine. Buying is not a sin. I can't sew worth a crap so I rely on commissions or try to change a already pair of pants or shirt into my cosplay. It's all how you act in your character that matters.

DespairedPheonix
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey y'all! Quickie opinion time. In order to finish Hinata's jacket, wig and shoes in time, I might not have the time to finish her pants.

Would it be so terrible if I bought baggie leggings from Kmart?

nawww, we'll forgive you :P

As long as you can make it work, and it looks good, that's all that counts!!! Remember that cosplay is supposed to be artistic, but it's also supposed to be fun! :)

ZFandKILover
09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
I cant be Hidan on Saturday guys only Friday.

Eri-kun
09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm going as Konoha Gakuen version of Shino. I'm not sure which day. Saturday is more likely.

Facerape
09-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Got my hair cut and it looks good for the most part, I have to work with certain parts a bit to get it to my liking but I'll be sure to do that soon. It's weird one of the main reasons I wanted a hair cut is cuz my bangs were too long, and the lady barely cut them -.-, so they still quite long and getting in my way, but I'll live. It stick up good enough, even without products it sticks up but not that much, I used hair wax and it worked a bit better, though it would be best if I straightened my hair first lol.

@BeautifulSpirit I would use got2bglued freeze spray but the nozzle on our bottle is broken and I'm not gonna go buy a new bottle.

DespairedPheonix
09-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Got my hair cut and it looks good for the most part, I have to work with certain parts a bit to get it to my liking but I'll be sure to do that soon. It's weird one of the main reasons I wanted a hair cut is cuz my bangs were too long, and the lady barely cut them -.-, so they still quite long and getting in my way, but I'll live. It stick up good enough, even without products it sticks up but not that much, I used hair wax and it worked a bit better, though it would be best if I straightened my hair first lol.

@BeautifulSpirit I would use got2bglued freeze spray but the nozzle on our bottle is broken and I'm not gonna go buy a new bottle.

than you can try gel on damp hair and use a blow drier, no gaurentees tho. freeze spray works the best for that sorta thing.

DestinyCrisis
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
If you dont mind me intrudingggg...o_o, I'll be at there as Anbu.
I need to do some quicky fix ups on my costume today. xD

Dragonsfire867
09-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Guess whaaaaaaat?????? XD I'm gonna be in NYC TOMORROW at....well, realllly early in the morning lol. I love how life, for once, actually works in my favor. PEIN GETS TO BE THERE ALL THREE DAYS!!!!!!!! (Minus part of Saturday, when Matsumoto might just take over in all her boobish glory, haha). Can't wait to see everyone there!

Ukara07
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Yay!!! Can't wait to see ya! And I thin that if I don't mind taking a later bus into the city, I will be able to save Hinata. Of course, I shall try tonight, but I don't wanna kill myself before my weekend of fun ^^

DespairedPheonix
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Guess whaaaaaaat?????? XD I'm gonna be in NYC TOMORROW at....well, realllly early in the morning lol. I love how life, for once, actually works in my favor. PEIN GETS TO BE THERE ALL THREE DAYS!!!!!!!! (Minus part of Saturday, when Matsumoto might just take over in all her boobish glory, haha). Can't wait to see everyone there!

YAYYY!!! I'm getting up...well, really early in the morning tomorrow. I can't wait to see you, and everyone else!!!! :)

ZFandKILover
09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Getting up early to be driven into the city and check in!

Moonsong
09-25-2009, 01:08 PM
So how's everyone enjoying the first day of the con? I'm in English class right now, ahhh! XD I can't wait to get there tomorrow and meet everyone! <3

Mizioki
09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
i was there saturday as the timeskip Shino Aburame.. =3 [the tall one, out of the only 2]

DespairedPheonix
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I was Kisame. (weird? *points to icon*)

Hope you all had a good time, and thanks for comin! Post your pictures up when you can!!!! :D

RiVenoX
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Minus part of Saturday, when Matsumoto might just take over in all her boobish glory, haha

and what a boobish glory it was... :D
<3

you were an amazing pein, too

Mizioki
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
anyone have photos during the Naruto photoshoot? xd

XxEmo SasukexX
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I was Demon Tayuya Saturday, and as well attended the Saturday Shoot. :) Any photos?

DespairedPheonix
09-28-2009, 08:42 AM
awwww, you so many people took pics on Saturday!!!! how do we not have pictures up yet??? lol

santose2008
09-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I saw you Spirit on Sunday catching the train home. I was like that could be...then I saw the sword and it was you. I had really a great time on Friday being the younger Itachi. I couldn't make it to the Saturday shoot to take pictures because of the Soul Eater panel. But I got enough on Friday and more througout the weekend. Once I get a chance I will post it on youtube and all that.

KensukeX
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
lol no idea how XD

DespairedPheonix
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I saw you Spirit on Sunday catching the train home. I was like that could be...then I saw the sword and it was you. I had really a great time on Friday being the younger Itachi. I couldn't make it to the Saturday shoot to take pictures because of the Soul Eater panel. But I got enough on Friday and more througout the weekend. Once I get a chance I will post it on youtube and all that.

:D and yes, that'd be me. In the rain. Carrying Samehada. Getting really wet. By the time I got to penn I was soaked. I hope my swords okay, cuz insulation foam can't get wet or else it starts to mold D:

I didn't get any pictures on my camera of me as Kisame, cuz my cameras kinda broken. And it made me so upset, so I'm going crazy trying to find these pictures, cuz I got thousands taken of me on Friday.

lol no idea how XD

To put up pictures? Upload them to like...photobucket or something XD

RiVenoX
09-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm going crazy trying to find these pictures, cuz I got thousands taken of me on Friday.

i know, right?
there were tons of pictures taken! where did they all go???

Moonsong
09-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I wish I had a decent camera to take pictures with this year! Did anyone see me? XD I was only there on Saturday and I honestly wasn't out and about very much since I went to the Soul Eater premiere and the Masquerade and that took up most of the time..But here's me. Iw ish I had a chance to just hang out with more people..This con was busy con!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/RukiaGFX/l_4f1fb3f1e1e3459d8abff3d06aeb0d0e.jpg

DespairedPheonix
09-30-2009, 08:57 AM
NO ONE has any pics of the gatherings??? D:

Dragonsfire867
09-30-2009, 08:08 PM
RIVenoX, I JUST saw your comment. Lol. XD And thank you!

Yah, no pics? I have a couple, but they're taking foreverrrrrrrrr to even come off of my camera card.....GAH >_<'

DespairedPheonix
09-30-2009, 09:18 PM
fo serious, what's with the lack of pictures everyone!? lmao

RiVenoX
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
nothing at all? this makes me sad D:

santose2008
10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I finally got a new video editing program called powerdirector so pictures will be up soon on youtube beacuse there are too many to put on flick or whatever. Maybe when I get more time I can. I didn't notice but I took close to a thousand pictures of the con. Expect the video to be out late tonight and tomorrow on youtube. Don't worry Spirit I got a lot of pictures of the Naruto Photoshoot. It just life doesn't like me so I have been working like crazy since I got back from NYAF. I have to replenish the money I spent to pay my bills for this October which is all at the beginning of the month.