PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people heading to Otakuthon..

The*Fallen*One*
06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
We need two people for our trip to Otakuthon!

The details:
Everything starts at 6PM on Friday, July 31st, and considering how I have a table in the Artists' Area, we absolutely intend to get there early. It only takes about 2.5 hours to get to Montreal from Ottawa, and the earliest possible check-in time at our hotel is 3PM. (That means I hope to leave the Ottawa area around noon-ish, depending on whether or not we have to make a detour to pick you up on our way to Montreal!)

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Select, which is the official hotel of the convention. It's the cheapest rate I could manage to find for us, within a reasonable walking distance of the convention centre itself (as I'll be carrying a bunch of stuff for my table!). The Holiday Inn Select is only a block and a half from the centre, which rocks :)

The total cost will be $110 per person, for hotel, parking, and gas. Everything else, including food and the cost of Otakuthon weekend registration, is up to you. This cost is based on 4 people being in the car. If we are able to find a fifth person who already has a way to Montreal but needs a place to crash, I will re-calculate the numbers.

Keep in mind, I drive a little Kia hatchback, so space will be kinda limited in the car. Big costumes or weapons wonít fit, but itís really only 2.5 hours, so Iím sure if one or two of us overpacks a bit, someone can have their backpack in their lap, or in the backseat between!

PLEASE send me an email at nekorequest@hotmail.com as soon as possible if you are interested! Iíve already booked the hotel and everything, so Iím hoping to have two people for our car up confirmed as soon as possible. Thanks!

The*Fallen*One*
06-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I would like to let everyone know that we've filled one spot in the car, and now have only one left!

If anyone is actually in Montreal, or able to get there by themselves, but requires some place to stay near the convention centre, email us at nekorequest@hotmail.com. The amount per person would change if you're not going to be pitching in for gas for my car, so email if you're interested :)

Thanks!

The*Fallen*One*
06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks for everyone's interest, I just wanted to let you know that we've filled our car and hotel room for the convention :)