PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Hair Color

Chibi Bunni
08-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Are there any good brands of temporary (red) color (spray or w/e) out there that show up on black hair and don't rub off? 0_0 I've tried like 2 only, but they were like hair combs spurting out this reddish gunk and the color hardly seemed to show up, plus sparkly s#it always rubbed off...(I would just dye it red, but my mom won't let me.. T_T)

Edit-- Oopsies! I just realized there was a similar thread going in General Costume Help. @_@x

Ruby-Chan
08-10-2003, 01:52 AM
Well it depends on how temporary you want. I have dark brown hair and I find the Manic Panic reds wash out in about a week for me. Now it won't be super bright, cus it only covers your hair follicles, and dark hair will still be dark..just with red highlights. There are also a few spray on brands out there,but i find the they bleed and rub off easily.

archangeli
08-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't know what kind of style you're trying to create but I bought some hair gel by ICE in *SILVER!!*

They make a HUGE assortment of colors but your hair will be rock hard ^_^

HowilnMadMurphy
08-10-2003, 05:23 PM
You can't "temporarily" color black hair. To get a nice, bright, red, you'd need to either lighten your hair (lightening hair, i.e. bleaching, is ALWAYS permanent, you can't make your hair blonde and then have it wash out...) or use something very opaque on your hair, but then of course you couldn't have it wave free. (I don't know what costume this is for, so I couldn't give you any advice...) If you want really red hair, you're going to have to bleach your hair and color it red, (you could always just dye it black again afterwards...) or get a wig. I suggest the wig, because then you can have your hair red on different occasions without having to go through the work of bleaching. Plus, your mom won't let you ;]