PDA

View Full Version : loosing weight?

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Does any one know any safe and easy ways to loose weight
i have aprox. 3 months before my con and i wanna look as good as possible and i dont feel likemy running and swimming is doing it for me xX help pleeease :burger:
how much will cutting sugar out of my diet possibly help?????
i mean i weigh right now about 135 but thats not where i want to be i wanna try and get down to 120-25 but i need tips on how to do it :D
Any one got any???? :angel2:

Schuldig_
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM
I think you will find all the tips you could ever need here (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=64901&highlight=losing+weight). ;)

Sipesh
07-01-2009, 12:20 PM
...unfortunately, that thread is about as riddled with bad advice and unsound medicine as a snake oil sales pitch. If you want to lose weight and do it safely, contact your doctor.

nexgenjetta
07-01-2009, 12:40 PM
cutting carbs is a good way to cut weight off of your mid section but if you want to get your whole body into great shape your going to need to add some form of weight training as well. this dosen't mean that you need to be benching 200lbs but just some light free weights or use the machines at the gym. swiming is a great way to get in shape but you need to do short sprint swims to raise your heart rate, mixed with some long distance swims to build up endurance. the same thing goes for running as well. what i like to do at the track is jog the first lap sprint the next two and jog the last lap of the mile. when you run multiple miles it works out to 2 jog 2 sprint,2 jog etc plus you end on a jog for a cool down lap. i realy didn't intend to write that much but i hope it helps. if you have any questions feel free to pm me

Mangochutney
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I hear that chewing on sticks really hard helps you lose weight. I read that on the internet so it's well-researched and healthy and effective.

Cora
07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I hear that chewing on sticks really hard helps you lose weight. I read that on the internet so it's well-researched and healthy and effective.

Mango speaks the truth.

DatSephirothDude
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
You don't necessarily have to cut out sugar. Eat smaller portions of what you usually eat, and 6 meals a day. Try calculating how many calories you consume a day for a week or so, and slowly decrese your intake by 100-250 calories a week. While doing all this, keep doing cardio. Running, swimming, jump roping, anything really. Of course the number one thing is DEDICATION!. Don't quit, just becuse you haven't lost much weight within 2 weeks.

Kelley
07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I would just eat healthy. :/

For most heights, 135 is fine - and I don't really see much of a difference in 10 pounds.

Weight is a NUMBER. If you're already running and swimming - part of that 135 might be MUSCLE MASS.

Schuldig_
07-01-2009, 04:02 PM
...unfortunately, that thread is about as riddled with bad advice and unsound medicine as a snake oil sales pitch. If you want to lose weight and do it safely, contact your doctor.

Well, I didn't mean to take every single post to heart. Like with everything else on the net, a few gems can be found amongst the crap. ;)

13Kai-Kai
07-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Eat slower, exercise (but not until you drop. I like belly-dancing, personally), Eat smaller portions, Only eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full.
DON'T GIVE UP! You probably won't see results for awhile, but that's normal. It isn't all just going to magically all off.
I followed all of these and I'm down a pants size! Good Luck ^_^

Cilicia
07-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I have some advice, stop drinking any sort of pop or soda. Only drink water. That can do wonders.

SodiRyfe
07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
cilicia is right with the pop drinks , all that extra sugar you get from that is enough to supply near 2/3 of you daily amount .

also it'l take one month to see some improvement aswell long as you keep on your weekly rota of workout.

thing is a workout isn't something that should be hours worth , infact 20-40 minutes , 4-5 days a week can give results for someone that hasn't done much training.

it's mostly finding out what you can cope with in training .

doing light weights and set a rep you can do , after afew days, try to increase it by 5 or untill you feel comfrotable to do more .

mostly thou is it like all round fat or fat in parts of your body like the waist and arms?

Ka.GAMI
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Acai Berry juices do wonders! It's an antioxidant, so it helps get all of the icky toxins out of your body so you can function better.

Also, taking up dance really helped me at least. Honestly, I didn't lose weight(but that's probably because it was a partnered dance and I didn't have a partner to practice with outside of class), but my posture started getting better and I gained a lot of confidence. And I think that weight doesn't matter as much when you have confidence.

But yeah, you're supposed to eat about 6 small meals a day to boost your metabolism and workout about 60 minutes with walking, swimming, jump roping, ect.

Cheshare
07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
some one needs to gather all the good tips and make a post out of them some where xD I'll tell ya one thing that I know : )

Eat a bigger breakfast and a lighter dinner. It jumpstarts your matabolisum a bit by making it go "Oh start of the day and so much food already? Better get it into gear!" handy little trick.

Cora
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM
If you want to lose weight and do it safely, contact your doctor.

I think this is the best advice.

Sipesh
07-01-2009, 07:49 PM
And the prophecy has come true. This is becoming another "OMG DO THIS AND DRINK WATER THREAD". I really, really think one of these on the board is enough.

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-02-2009, 02:24 AM
yeah oo""""" lol i saw the drink water one and i dunno, its not good just to drink full on water for your onlly liquid from what ive been told ><""
but everything else is waaaay helpful!!! thanks everyone :D

Brutal
07-02-2009, 02:29 AM
well, if you get a fitness trainer they can help you lose pounds really quick and they will even give you a list on what you should eat and not eat. just don't eat any fast food and drink mostly water. there's also cigarettes, but i wouldn't recommend that.

Cheshare
07-02-2009, 02:30 AM
And the prophecy has come true. This is becoming another "OMG DO THIS AND DRINK WATER THREAD". I really, really think one of these on the board is enough.

you didnt see it coming?

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-02-2009, 02:54 AM
yeah i was thinking about a trainer but that could be tons of money and im a poor highschool student XD

@sipesh this is completly off topic but your sid cos is amazing!

Mangochutney
07-02-2009, 03:24 AM
To hell with water. You should be drinking your pee (http://everything2.com/title/Urine%2520is%2520a%2520medicinal%252C%2520cleansin g%252C%2520and%2520nourishing%2520food).

When people ask what you're doing, just tell them that somebody on a forum said it would help! <3!

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-02-2009, 03:50 AM
To hell with water. You should be drinking your pee (http://everything2.com/title/Urine%2520is%2520a%2520medicinal%252C%2520cleansin g%252C%2520and%2520nourishing%2520food).

When people ask what you're doing, just tell them that somebody on a forum said it would help! <3!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww XDDDDDDD
there goes my soul xx no c.c. for lelouch

jounink
07-02-2009, 03:57 AM
I would just eat healthy. :/

For most heights, 135 is fine - and I don't really see much of a difference in 10 pounds.

Weight is a NUMBER. If you're already running and swimming - part of that 135 might be MUSCLE MASS.

i agree 100% muscle does weigh more than fat and running builds the largest muscle groups in your body. I think your current weight is a-ok, im not sure how tall you are though...i assume between 5'2 and 5'6. Dont really heed to much of the advise on forums about weight loss you'll probably just end up with an eating disorder and severe confusion. If your that concerned just see your doctor.

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-02-2009, 03:59 AM
5'2 exactly -- im short XDD

jounink
07-02-2009, 04:06 AM
im 5'2 as well and as you can see in my avatar i have a bit of muscle. I weigh around 125-130 and there really isnt that much of a diffence. It sounds to me like you should be trying to tone and contour your shape rather than lose weight.

Sasuke_uchiha_6
07-02-2009, 04:13 AM
hmm well i think im more concerned about my hips, because thats where most of my fat resides, there and in my boobs xx but im fine with the boobs...just the hips get really annoying and i know these things should help it to. Along with like my stomache and what not oo maybe

Dragon
07-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Hm... Not gonna sure if this is going to work for you, but this is what I did to loose some "volume" around the chest. I'm saying volume instead of fat or weight, because I still weight the same, but I definitly got one size smaller. Now I need to use a belt to keep my pants where they belong:

I started eating 3 regular meals. One in the morning - usually a larger cereal or cacao with a sandwich or bread with marmalade or nutella, one for lunch - a normal portion - dinner - not much. A bread or two smaller ones or salat. Sometimes I actually skipped this one.

Instead of eating snacks in between those three meals I'd either eat fruit or drink water or water with some sort of juice mixed in.

I started out with doing 10 sit-ups in the morning and 10 evening. When 10 were going pretty easy I added 5. After those 15 got easy I raised them to 20.

I reached 30 within a month and continued that exercise for three months, thought after the first month I already noticed that some pants that were tight before had gotten comfortably loose.

I stopped after those 3 months, because I just didn't have the time - unfortunately - but I guess due to the fact that I live on my own, do not like junk food or that pre-prepared food you only need to put in the microwave and thus have to cook for myself, has helped a lot on keeping my figure.

I even ate out two-three times in those three months and ate around a row of chocolate a day...

You can try it, but I too think it's best to consult your doctor :)

Brutal
07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
yeah i was thinking about a trainer but that could be tons of money and im a poor highschool student XD

@sipesh this is completly off topic but your sid cos is amazing!

yeah, tell me about it, but if you really care about your looks like seriously then it's totally worth it. so yeah.

PaperRedemption
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
GRAPEFRUIT!

It has unbelievable fat burning properties. Simply replace one meal with half a grapefruit. If you can't stand fruit, drink at least 8 ounces of grapefruit juice a day and cut out ALL HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.

WARNING: If you are on medication check to make sure if you can eat grapefruit while your taking it. IT WORKS THAT WELL.

I went from 140 down to 117 (over two months) and my husband went down from 187 to 159 (in three weeks). He also exercised and I didn't. We no longer eat foods with High Fructose corn syrup - in tricks your body into storing fat and makes your body think you're still hungry.

But you can't just do it every once and while. You need to have dedication.