PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice on creating a Venom (from Spider-Man) costume

MDWarrior
07-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey there, I'm new to the forums (and cosplaying in general). I wanted to start off strong with my favorite character, but it hasn't been done to full effect as far as I've seen. Starting off with a basic lycra suit seems like the best step, but I wanted advice on how I should create the muscles. Venom is very muscular, and I wanted that to show (more than the movie version but less that the overexaggerated comics). My ex-girlfriend suggested shoulder pads. Should I just add them and layer all over the body? Or go in a foam direction. The muscles would be mostly on the arms, chest, shoulders, and back. Any and all advice is welcome :)

rassool bros.
07-02-2009, 10:44 PM
you can get muscle suits on ebay to wear underneath. it's hard to get each muscle looking right if you try it yourself

MDWarrior
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks, that's definitely helpful. I decided to go with Ultimate Carnage and his build is nothing more than a thin version of Venom so a simple muscle suit should work with cover-up and layering. Didn't know these muscle suits were so pricey lol.