PDA

View Full Version : If you were thinking about entering the AX masq...

Celine
10-04-2002, 11:11 AM
All 50 slots are currently full, and 20 people are on the waiting list so far. I'm sure people will drop out, but... good luck to people who didn't register the day it opened! ^^;;;

http://www.anime-online.com/cgi-bin/masquerade.cgi

kelldar
10-04-2002, 12:31 PM
ee wow I got in XD I figured I'd get on the waiting list if I were lucky... hee!! *happy*

Ayaka
10-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Our group isn't on the waiting list (lol who named their group "We are Pretty"?) . . . we're on the list list (Lodoss Island should be us).

. . . can I panic now?

Tenshi
10-04-2002, 10:07 PM
OHMIGOD!!! ::dies::

I'm never gonna get to enter the AX masq ;_;. I didn't think it would fill up that quickly. . .

Celine
10-05-2002, 02:25 AM
Craziness! I wonder how many cosplay.com members will be entering this year? Yeah, I'm in... but... eeek (my entry is so sad. I have no group nor a cool and impressive nickname). Haven't decided what I wanna do yet. It's sooooo far away!

If it's any consolation, Tenshi, last year there were a TON of dropouts. They asked people to sign up *the week of the con* (what I did, register Monday for the con starting on Thursday) and, as Rosiel mentioned, they were apparently recruiting at-con as well! So there is hope if you get onto the waiting list.

Ayaka
10-05-2002, 02:46 AM
Yeah, we should see how many people it is . . . which entry is you, Celine? And don't worry, in that amount of time, you could get a group.

Tenshi - You still have a shot at getting in. Marisa has said, yes, there are a lot of dropouts. And last year, there were a number of groups looking for people to fill out their skit. It's not the same, maybe, as it being "your group", but it's still a way to get onstage! ^^

Foxwolfe
10-05-2002, 04:24 AM
Im gonna be in the masq o_o, as long as I dont help with our skit we should do fine ^_^. Ok j/k, Ive just been lazy lately and havent tried helping out with ideas yet, I hope they dont decide to beat me up.

Celine
10-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Yeah, we should see how many people it is . . . which entry is you, Celine? And don't worry, in that amount of time, you could get a group.

Amazingly enough, I'm registered as 'Celine'... XD Yes, not so creative, I know, but at least people will know who I am!

As for a group, I need to choose what I'm doing first before I worry about possibly finding other people. I was fine this year by myself, so if I choose a totally randomly obscure series again next year, I'll likely do it again. I'm also 99% sure I'm doing a walkon, so I don't really need other people. Then again, among the things I've been contemplating is an FF9 costume and it'd be only too easy to find other people with costumes from that! ^_^

Ayaka
10-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Foxwolfe - I haven't been helping either . . . oO;;; I better post to the list at some point today. But they can't beat us up, they need us! (Besides I'm gonna have the biggest sword. :D )

Celine - lol I didn't notice somehow. XD I was looking for something weird, I guess. Yeah, I gotta be careful, if I keep doing one-shot groups with people I'm gonna wind up with a bunch of group names trailing behind me . . . lol

Frozen Emotion
10-05-2002, 02:48 PM
Hehe..I registered for the masq too...but I'm on the waiting list...either way it movitates me to actually spend quality time on my costume so thats good! ^_^*thinks:must not take "shortcuts"*

Hopefully we all won't be rushing like mad to get our group stuff/own walk-on stuff together last minute..like me last year x.x . Heh. I hope to see ya there ^_^

Hehee..Ayaka cool website. I took a pic of you on Sunday in your Sanzo costume ...meh ..maybe you remember me...I was the girl hassling you while you for a pic while you were on the phone ._. hehe...

Your going to have the biggest sword? Well then you guys will just have to let me take battle action scenes :D!! You can hit fox for real if you want :P

Ayaka
10-05-2002, 09:38 PM
> Hehee..Ayaka cool website. I took a pic of you on Sunday in your Sanzo costume ...meh ..maybe you remember me...I was the girl hassling you while you for a pic while you were on the phone ._. hehe...

Thanks, and yeah I actually do remember you lol. I thought I remembered someone taking a pic while I was on the phone, but it didn't come back to me until now. lol. ^^

> Your going to have the biggest sword? Well then you guys will just have to let me take battle action scenes :D!! You can hit fox for real if you want :P

It would be wrong to NOT have battle action stuff for pics. ^^ Not sure how he'd feel about me hitting him though, or if the sword would stand up to it . . . lol *breaks sword on Foxwolfe*

RX 03
10-06-2002, 09:19 PM
Squee! I'm in the masquerade! "GreenFire Studios Present: Kingdom Hearts" ^_^

SohjiroX
10-07-2002, 12:00 PM
greenfire studio's? neat name, um, did you reply in a KH gathering for ani-magic or Otoku con? just wondering cause I was planning on doing a outfit for that con but dont want to be a big repeat if possible. in anycase, Kell neat pic..... * dont know why but everytime sees a utena cosplayer, thinks, am I really miki? * *shakes head fast* in anycase, I am I think in the mas. don't know for sure cause I'm with a friend but, I guess I should wish us luck cause....I dont know if we made it....hoping we didn't....I hated AX02 mas......was in it in the giant robo skit if anyone knows that anime and what skit it was.......shoot me please. oh yeah, kell...dumb thing to ask but.....do you fence in real life....*hoping for yes, two year fencer in free style and normal and japanese fencing* cause, would you like a match?

pakachu420
10-07-2002, 04:37 PM
well...i guess i'll be in the audience again watching u people. good luck too u all. and no more stripping gundums plez...^_^

damn...wake up at 4am once again...i need coffee jus thinking about that

Mmmmm...caaaafine

kelldar
10-07-2002, 05:34 PM
thanks! ^-^
Gah I gotta find music for my walk on *_* I've never had to do that before...

SohjiroX
10-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Are you up to a dual though Kell?

Kusanagi
10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Well, I sent in my request.

If anybody needs an extra male for anything, let me know!

katchoo
10-08-2002, 07:55 PM
If you are a novice cosplayer, i will need three guys (or at least two) for a mini masq. competition. My post is in Seeking cosplayers forum. I would like to get a Paradise Kiss group together.

Would love to have you be a part of the group.

love,
katchoo ^_^

Frozen Emotion
10-13-2002, 05:41 AM
*_* i love paradise kiss! i wanan go watch! ^_^
on a side note katchoo: Who are you going to be?!?

Miaka No Baka
10-28-2002, 11:32 PM
I got in for the masquerade ^_^; I always apply the day it's announced that reg is open. Ax is like that with how fast it fills up. Aoshi is there too ^_^; We're Kenshin Gumi although I dont know if we are doing anything kenshin quite yet... There's still lots of time to decide and make costumes accordingly. But yeah for those who haven't competed at AX let me tell ya the competition is fierce! Unless your *THAT* good I wouldn't get your hopes up high on winning. We did a good job last year in our kenshin ala batmanstyle skit but we didn't win but it didn't matter we enter for the fun of it ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Frozen Emotion
11-02-2002, 12:20 AM
*head mantra*: will not skimp..will start early.....

Ayaka
11-02-2002, 12:30 AM
*joins in the head mantra*

Miaka No Baka
11-02-2002, 02:13 AM
yeah! gotta decide on idea, then make costumes accordingly *starts the huge brainstorm* doncha hate it when u can think of 2+ good ideas to use for a skit and all are as equally good but you can't choose between them ;_;

Miaka no Baka

Ayaka
11-02-2002, 02:52 AM
You should run them by some people, make THEM decide. ^^

Celine
11-02-2002, 03:21 AM
I am a terrible person. I have at least ten ideas which would be cool costumes, but I probably won't decide until the summer which of them I'll actually do. It'll be exciting!

Michi
11-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Considering the con isn't for another half of a year, I'm sure a lot of people will drop out by then. ^_^; I had an idea for the masquerade this year, but it required many people and a trio of mascot costumes. X_x; so I don't think it'll happen anyway. :P

Good luck to everyone! I see quite a few groups/people I know in that list. o.o;

RoseDuelist
11-03-2002, 09:36 PM
D'oh...

Kosei
11-04-2002, 11:55 PM
Ugh... i didnt think it would fill up that fast either... my group was too busy fighting over what we're going to do for our comp. piece. We got in for the Mini-masquerade, but technically more than half our group falls under the 'novice' catagory, so it will be good expierence for us.
Does anybody have any ideas for Cosplay? At some point we settled on Chobits, but are now Seeerrrriously rethinking it due to the rediculous explosion of popularity.

lainchan
11-06-2002, 12:31 AM
I suppose it's next year for my friends and me, too. Then again, we still haven't figured out all of our costumes, so even if there were still spots open we wouldn't be able to organize ourselves in time. For those who are in/on waiting list...the early cos-group gets the masquerade i guess, do an excellent job. -_^

Miaka No Baka
11-08-2002, 02:26 AM
heh the funny thing with my ideas are that everyone I've told them to likes them equally the same! lol so now that really puts me in a pickle now doesn't it... mmmm pickles *insert homer style drool* I have my heart set on the costume i want it's just getting the rest of the group to get on their ideas and we need to still toss around ideas cause so far Im' the only one with ideas and I'm open to anything now lol

Miaka no Baka

BabySnowLeopard
11-08-2002, 05:18 AM
O_o
lol well a lot of ppl are *planning* to drop out... we're just saving spots just in case ^_^ and they will probably end up adding a few extra groups as well, so that there are a few more than 50 entries.
ne ne Celine you should do a skit! AX is too big not to do one! Go out there and put on a big show everyone is going to remember! yeah!! =D

~Kie

Rey-Rey
11-08-2002, 11:44 AM
I think it'd be disastrous if Rey-Rey hosts the Masquerade.

kirillian
11-17-2002, 02:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for anyone whose already registered (or do we need to pre-register? rather confused...) to do either a NOIR cosplay (since I already have a Chloe costume which did v well in AnimeExpo NY - see below: http://www.fansview.com/2002/newyork/ny01b0013.html- damn I need a better picture!) or a WITCH HUNTER ROBIN cosplay (I have my Robin costume halfway finished already). Anyone interested?

Kirillian

makio
11-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Gah...well...so much for this.
-tosses out his registration form-
I suppose my mission now is to find a close-to-stage seat at the event so I can snag some decent pictures and cheer on my friends.

-cue Mission: Impossible BGM- :devil:

Bell-chan
11-19-2002, 06:43 PM
oh wow it sounds like it's gonna be Fuuuuuun! ^__^ AX2003 will be the first time I see a Masquerade (missed it this year -_- ). I'll be sure to look for all you there, and hopefully I won't run into problems XD Good luck to you all.

Miaka No Baka
11-20-2002, 04:14 AM
if you plan to get tickets for the event make sure you camp out the night before they hand them out, either that or get up REALLY early like 3 am ish and wait in line. Last year I heard some people brought sleeping bags and slept in line until morning woke up got their nice up close tickets and left ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

LionBoogy
11-20-2002, 05:02 AM
Krillian: Here is what you are looking for: http://www.usagichan.com/AXNY/cosp-postmasq1.htm

- Lionel

videogirlc
11-20-2002, 05:43 AM
Ah, I remember waking up at 5 and the line was incredibly long. The show was worth waking up that early.

katchoo
11-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Will anybody be there to watch the mini masq? This is my first time entering, and I'm so excited! If someone can pm me with maybe a run down of what to expect, where to meet, what to do, and maybe some tips on how to see the big masq. Are you really serious about being in line the night before to get a ticket to watch? WOW!!!

thank you so much for the help ^_^

Ayaka
11-20-2002, 01:10 PM
YES, you ABSOLUTELY must be there that early. I know it sounds insane, but it's not - it's the truth. I was near the "front" of the line; we'd had someone holding a place since 1 AM. But nearly everyone was holding a place for a few other people, and we were each given 2 tickets (I only needed one, I actually had to go to the line of stand-bys and just give it to the first person to shout when I said "who wants a ticket!"). So the line's actually twice as long as it looks.

I wouldn't get there any later than 3 AM if you want a good seat and not to panic about getting in. For reference, I was in row 19, and our group was about a third of the way down the first wall.

Celine
11-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Ok, I still think that it would be nice if registered people in the masquerade were given some number of tickets when they check in (on Thursday or Friday or whatever). That way, family members for those who are in the masquerade can get in... but this is just an idea I had, since I didn't want to be up all night camped outside of the ticket place when I was going to have to perform that day... ^^;

makio
11-21-2002, 09:23 AM
Whoa whoa...hold up, wait a minute!

For the Masquerade, you have to get tickets ahead of time?
WTF...?!
If I've got to pay admission, plus tickets for the Masquerade (that I obviously had no chance of entering in the first place), forget it. It's costly enough going to Cali' for this as is. I'll just hall-monger or something instead and catch the results from Fansview or LLNN.

As much as they charge in admission, you'd think they'd find a place that could allow that many people to view the event. I seriously hope they change this in the future.

:miffed:

Celine
11-21-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
As much as they charge in admission, you'd think they'd find a place that could allow that many people to view the event. I seriously hope they change this in the future.

First of all, they don't charge for admission. Please don't mistake this. The place the masquerade was held for the last two years held literally thousands of people. However, something like 15,000 people attend AX, so it's impossible for them all to see the masquerade (not to mention, name any con with a masquerade you have a 100% chance of getting in to see ^_^;; ). The staff is aware of this, so they set up an alternate location where the masquerade can be viewed for those people who didn't get a ticket. What would be really nice is if the staff could somehow manage to broadcast the masquerade to one of the hotels- some other convention does this and it is very considerate of them.

One of the nice things about getting the tickets is that when it comes time to get in to see the performance, you don't have to wait in another line- it's reserved seating! ^_^

makio
11-21-2002, 10:38 AM
That's somewhat of a relief.

However if the crowd capacity is the issue, then definitely ... they should have some sort of closed circuit television channel of the event since it's become so popular(and once again, given the admission cost - they could afford it!). JACON here in Orlando did that, and it was a success. I was actually amazed by the clarity too. But anyway...if any AX-Staffers are reading this, it'd be a welcome addition to have.

katchoo
11-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Just wondering...since no one has said anything about it yet, is anyone else going to the mini masq?

Ayaka
11-21-2002, 12:55 PM
Assuming it doesn't conflict with anything else I'm doing (I hate making those kinds of decisions!), yeah, I'll be at the mini-masq. ^^

kirillian
11-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LionBoogy
Krillian: Here is what you are looking for: http://www.usagichan.com/AXNY/cosp-postmasq1.htm

- Lionel

Thanks Lionel! I'll add that to my collection- I really should get a proper pic done with the correct pose and lighting done for all the cosplay websites I'm registered too! I guess I can't compete as a novice anymore *sigh*

Kirillian

Nemui Yume
11-24-2002, 08:28 PM
wow... the list is already filled up

ah~ *sees her group* yes i will be in the masqurade yet again

it was very fun last year i can't wait for next year's AX it will defintatly be a treat! last year was my first time on stage and it went well ^.^

hope to see a lot of people there again :D :D

~Stella~

videogirlc
11-25-2002, 04:13 AM
I missed last year mini masquearde, too much to do in a day at AX. I will try to go this year though.

Jinx
12-07-2002, 12:45 AM
I am #32 on the waiting list. ;_;

kirillian
12-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Whatcher planning Jinx? I'm trying to either join a Noir cosplay group since I already have a Chloe costume or start a Witch Hunter Robin skit (am working on a Robin costume right now). You'll look great as the series' character Doujima with your hair- all you need to do is lighten your hair to a dark blonde/light brown, plus the costume is v simple and contemporary.

Jinx
12-08-2002, 01:16 AM
kirillian - Hmmm... I was trying to put together some sort of tekken 4 action skit. But I'm not etirely sure yet.

As for Noir... I've never seen it, ^-^;; so I don't know what Doujina looks like.. and if anything, I'd get a wig - I'm sick of bleaching my hair. ;_;

kirillian
12-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Do u have Kazaa? or winmx? Noir will be officially out from ADV next year, but I think u can get the fansubs out there along with that of WITCH HUNTER ROBIN. I can confidently that they will be the next 'big' series- excellent soundtrack and character design. Check them out! u won't regret it!

Jinx
12-10-2002, 12:15 AM
I don't have my own computer right now.. XP Got any ref pics?

kirillian
12-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Here u go Jinx..... http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/reviews/animecharacters.asp?ID=22
Try it out- it's a v cool series!