PDA

View Full Version : Recent Buyer from Amphigory OR WIGCAPS!

Fluffylover
08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone who recently bought a wig from Amphigory.com could tell me whether or not they send you a wig cap along with the wig.

-OR-

Could anyone tell me where a person can buy a wigcap? Or a place that sells wigs with a free wigcap?

diqitaldreams
08-11-2003, 04:54 PM
You could go to a regular hair shop and they should have wig caps.

megumibish
08-11-2003, 07:00 PM
you can find them at dollar stores on occassion or you can just buy some cheap panty hose in a child's size and just knot the crotch area and cut the excess off. would work just as well. ethnic beauty supplys always have them too btw..

Luna Selene
08-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Amphigory does not sell their wigs with wig caps, but the suggestions provided here should help. Also, EBay sometimes has them up for bidding, and are usually quite cheap.

hope this helps!

Dia
08-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Party City and various costume shops also carry them on occasion.

neekabe
08-11-2003, 09:34 PM
If you have a Bay in your area, the bigger ones usually have a First lady Wig section. You can get caps there.

Koumori
08-11-2003, 10:33 PM
If you get really desperate you can order them from Wilshire Wigs online, but you should be able to find them easily enough (I get mine at Sally's usually), or use a cut-up pair of pantyhose. Wig caps are very inexpensive.

Bobbi
08-11-2003, 11:47 PM
I have a question... are wig caps sopposed to give you a horrible headache from wearing them? I tried out one kind from Sally's but it was so incredibly tight that I could feel my head throbbing.
I know they're supposed to fit snugly, but that snug?! I ended up taking the wig cap off a few hours later because I couldn't take it anymore. Thankfully, my hair stayed hidden under the wig the rest of the time with no problem. Any specific brand or kind that I should look for?

Yumeko
08-12-2003, 12:01 AM
most beauty supply shops carry them...the shop up the street from me carries the nylon ones in a 2pack for 99 cents

Ruby-Chan
08-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Bobbi i had the same problem with a Sally's cap I bought.
I later order a cap off Wilshire (cus the sally's near me only has black and i needed blonde) and i find that its actually a little loose.
I have ALOT of hair to put up, so I need to find a really nice high quality cap that won't give me a headache or my hair won't fall out of.

Fluffylover
08-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for everything!

Another question, o.o How do you put on wigcaps?

Ceres86
08-12-2003, 10:38 PM
I use the ones from SENSATIONAL brand. They are makers of hair, wigs etc. Just go to any african american beauty supply store.

You can just stuff you ur hair under it or you can do some fancy stuff like cornrows, braids, twists to your hair so its more flater on your head and wont fall off easily. I have a hard time stuffing my hair cuz its silky.

Ruby-Chan
08-13-2003, 01:06 AM
heh, i also just stuff all mine in there and mush it around until its about flat. last time i got my hair braided it took 3 sessions at 1 1/2 to 2 hours per session