PDA

View Full Version : Pigtails! Pigtails! AVFAQ!

Fluffylover
08-11-2003, 03:32 PM
AVFAQ=A very frequently asked question:

How in the world do you get a wig to be pulled back into a pigtail without letting it look lumpy or have its weight fall off your head??

megumibish
08-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Use a natural bristal brush and or the plastic ones that have a billion bristles to get it nice and neat and then pin it at the sides with hairpins and bobbypins....good luck!

Bobbi
08-11-2003, 10:56 PM
I've seen people cut wigs, use the hair that was cut off and attach them to the wigs as pigtails... I thought I would try it... and well, it worked, but not quite as well as I thought it would. Frankly, it was a pain in the butt. I spent 7 hours on the wig and it ended up not looking too great. Apparently generic long wigs aren't made to be put up, since it's like two layers of long hair at the top and three or four layers of shorter hairs under that. I've seen people who took wigs from Amphigory and put them into nice pigtails, but I'm not quite sure what they did. I need to make a new Rabi~en~Rose wig too. ><

megumibish
08-12-2003, 12:27 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=243395#post243395 this thread tells how both katiebair and g-chan put pigtails into their wigs.

Tainted Donut
08-12-2003, 05:06 AM
crap that sounda hard.

Fluffylover
08-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Thankyou megumibush! :)

megumibish
08-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Tainted donut...it's not really hard just time consuming as most things tend to be. Patience is a necessity for such things =)

Firegirl
08-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, if you're lucky, you can get wigs with pigtails already in them. I recently got a pink wig for my costume, and it has stayed in very good shape. I only have to buy two of them, one to keep the pigtails on, and one to hack off and make odangoes. I've only heard it's very hard to do your own, depending on how you aim at styling them. Keep looking. =3

evaneko
08-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Where did you find a wig with pigtails already in? I've searched for ages to no avail (aside from some that were like $600, and thats a LITTLE out of my price range ^^;;)