PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else play NERO LARP?

Stephanos
08-11-2003, 05:20 PM
I think I've made more costumes for NERO than anything else...

Its a live action RPG kind of like D&D... I'm hooked. I have some pics in my costumes list of it.

So, let me know if you play too!

KIL78
08-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I tried it once ,but I am sca so I hit too hard, so I decided to bag it.For me to train for that as well would throw me off my sca fighting, so I decided it was better to do one then suck at both.

HarukaTenoh
08-19-2003, 10:25 PM
I can't wait to go to my first NERO game! My friend's been wanting me to go for a while now!

duck
08-20-2003, 02:20 AM
I'm a LARP-er in a college based group called AOKP(artorian order of the knights of pendragon), but I haven't done any by the NERO rule system.

I'm not terribly fond of any sort of point system while LARP-ing, I guess. My group does more of a "level" thing, where accomplishing certain things gives you the ability to use more weapons, hold regency positions...and other such "extras". Your character depends a lot on how well tou can act and fight. So there's nothing ridiculous happening like a little weakling being the best fighter, just because he brought enough snacks and volunteered enough to gain enough hit points. I guess we play it more like improv theatre with a number of long ongoing stories going on all the time, and not as a strict rule based LARP.

Anyway, I love it. We are more forgiving with accuracy and stuff too - there's a pictue of my knighting sword in my gallery. It looks like a dead fish(though I'm the only one with anything that ridiculous - everyone else has pretty respectable looking ductapey weapons).