PDA

View Full Version : "Hogwarts Student" L [Death Note]

Shinigami_Spike
07-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Hmm. I wasn't really sure where to put this since it pertains to anime, but Harry Potter related threads would go here. So, yeah...here it goes.

I'm gonna be going to Dragon*Con this September with my boyfriend and friends. At first, my boyfriend and I were gonna do a Matt and Mello cosplay. But, alas, with my bad luck- some personal things came up and I won't be able to do my Mello cosplay. So, I decided to do my next favorite character, L. YEAH, I know. I've seen the posts. And I know how many people think of L cosplays as "lazy" and "overdone." So..

I began to contemplate a way to do my L cosplay--in a way that was fresh and different. And, while I was watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I got this idea.

What if I did L as a Hogwarts student? I'm not sure what you all think about this. But, I always saw L as being in Ravenclaw. I thought it would be cute to get the Ravenclaw tie and wear it with my L cosplay.

But are there any other ways to make this cosplay better? I mean, things to add to the costume other than a tie. I can't really think of anything else. As I don't see L as the type of person to "follow rules or dress codes", I just picture him wearing his normal garb with a tie thrown around his neck sloppily..

Granted--I don't have much time for anything really elaborate. I didn't even find out I could go until about 4 months before the con. But I'd still like to hear your ideas about making this idea better.

Thanks in advance. :]

DanceSakura
07-17-2009, 02:23 AM
I think that's a really good and cute idea but you will have to make sure people know it's L. Maybe not make it too elaborate. I'd try to wear a Hogwarts patch somewhere. Maybe a pin to just stick on to your pants. Seems like something he would do.

[The Ravenclaw tie would look so cute tied around his head ^^]

Shinigami_Spike
07-17-2009, 03:25 AM
I think that's a really good and cute idea but you will have to make sure people know it's L. Maybe not make it too elaborate. I'd try to wear a Hogwarts patch somewhere. Maybe a pin to just stick on to your pants. Seems like something he would do.

[The Ravenclaw tie would look so cute tied around his head ^^]
I was actually thinking the same thing. I wanted people to be able to recognize what I was trying to go for, but keep it simple at the same time. The pin/patch thing is a good idea. It will make my idea of "Hogwarts Student L" more apparent.

Oh yeah, the tie on the head thing! That is actually what I first thought of doing. But, I thought it might be bad idea due to the fact I'll be wearing a wig. But it could work, if I'm careful.

Thanks for your input. :P

Garuda_Aiacos
07-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Good luck and be sure to post photos of you as him here! :D

Heh, I'm guilty of doing Haldir from LOTR as a Slytherin Student for HBP Book release (reason? I was suppose to wear my Haldir March Warden Costume later that night in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia so got this idea to just wear his wig for fun while in my Slytherin Uniform).
And last Wednesday, tried to do Hades Alone (Saint Seiya : The Lost Canvas) as a........Slytherin Student for HBP Movie Premiere here in Singapore. :P Sadly, people keep calling me Young Snape! :waaaah: Okay, okay, Saint Seiya is still not so popular among the public here except among the Bandai Myth Cloths Figurings collectors or they had forgotten about it. :(

Shinigami_Spike
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. :bigtu:

Lolol, well I feel better about doing this weird thing then. I actually wanted to debut my L cosplay when I saw the premiere of HPB movie. But, didn't have anything put together in time.

I'm surprised people didn't called you "young Lucius" while you were wearing that Haldir wig for the book release. :D

Garuda_Aiacos
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe because most are still half-asleep as we had our book release at 7.01am :p

Shinigami_Spike
07-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Maybe because most are still half-asleep as we had our book release at 7.01am :p
That's odd. Any book release I went to was at 12 or 1 AM.