PDA

View Full Version : first time

Tainted Donut
08-12-2003, 04:55 AM
this is going to be my first time going to Ani-Magic, and my first CONVENTION..argg. well i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make my first convention at Ani-Magic as awesome as possible XD

K_Valentine
08-12-2003, 11:05 AM
-Drink lots of water.
-Shower daily.
-Bring a camera.
-Bring $.
-Don't scare the normal people..... much.
-Don't make any signs saying "Will GLOMP/YAOI/etc for Pocky/Fangirls/etc" (Cliche. And I think AM wants none of it anyway. Can be regarded as prostitution/solicitation)
-Don't bring weapons.
-Don't be a scary fan-boy.
-Relax and enjoy your surroundings.
-Mingle.
-Get plenty of sleep.
-EAT! (I always forget that one)
-Pace yourself. Pick and choose what you want to do (though AM is small so it won't be that big a deal)
-Don't get drunk (if underage)
-Don't trash another person's hotel room during a party/viewing.

And if you see some cosplayer stumbling about holding a 2 liter bottle of pepsi, say hi to me.. but no sudden movements ^^.

NoLable721
08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
lol hey, it's my 1st time going too!! But it's not my 1st con, it's my 2nd con...yet still the same to me ^_^ just have fun! and don't mess around a lot! ANd just enjoy but fallow rules!

Arisugawa Juri
08-12-2003, 05:23 PM
I would think that showering daily would be common sense.

The only other thing I can thing of that K_Valentine did not cover is to make sure your costume is stored properly. A con can be ruined for the con-goer if you unpack to find your wig crushed or your costume wrinkled/stained.

K_Valentine
08-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh yeh.. forgot about costume storage...

I bring back up costumes in case I don't feel like wearing one I originally scheduled.

NoLable721
08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
If you made wings for your costuem...heh heh...gosh good luck getting it there! ^_^;

Master Zero
08-12-2003, 11:26 PM
First off, welcome to the family. Ani-Magic is just one great con. I enjoy going there ever year. As for advice, bring what you think you may need. And above all else, have fun!

See ya there.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I think K covered all the bases. Oh yeah, enjoy the con and it's amosphere. and dance the night away lol

Moon Prince
08-13-2003, 09:36 PM
LOL, Juri, you'd be surprised how many people do not consider the idea of a shower. >< Disgusting I know...

Meet new people!! That's what I have to say. Don't be afraid to say "hi" to your fellow cosplayer/con-goer. It's a like 'anime summer camp'. ^_^

Mink
08-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah thats one peice of advice I need to take is to talk to random cosplayers! I dont do that and so Im kinda a loner...I bring my own friends and it forces me not to be very social so if you see me, talk to me!

KimikoChan
08-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Just have fun and live for the moment. :)