PDA

View Full Version : coloring...HELP!!

wenisit
08-12-2003, 09:13 PM
I cant get a white wig with no bangs i time so my last ditch effort is to find a way to 'color' my hair white...but i dont know how..
if anyone has ANY suggestion as to how to do this where it is hopefully something that can wash out....please let me know! Thanks!

wenisit
08-12-2003, 09:14 PM
btw it's for cosplaying urd

Arisugawa Juri
08-12-2003, 10:26 PM
The only thing I can think of is bleach, which is awful for your hair and generally leaves a bit of a yellowish tone. Is there a wig shop nearby you? If not, I'm certain that reputable online wig retailers ship rather quickly.

HowilnMadMurphy
08-13-2003, 11:14 PM
The only way to "color" your hair white is to bleach it. Bleaching is not temporary. There is no temporary fix for lightening your hair.
You can, however, bleach it, then dye it back when you're done. But this will definitely damage your hair to a certain degree. And, if you're really trying to make it white, it's possible you'll damage your hair so much that it will break and you'll probably need to cut it short so that it doesn't look like crazy scientist hair.
You can get some yellow out of your hair with toner, but you'll need to bleach it ALOT to get it white. I highly denounce bleaching your real hair white.
You can either a) find a wig shop in your area, or b) order a wig from a website with SUPER FAST shipping. This'll be expensive though. I think your best bet is to find several wig shops that are accessable to you, then call them all and ask if they have what you're looking for.

wenisit
08-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Humm..i called around, but people around my quaint little area dont seem to carry white wigs, if worst comes to worst, i might just cosplay another character...

Gren
08-14-2003, 09:07 AM
You could look into ordering one online.

Murphey's working at putting together a wig lot that means all the purchasers will get %40 off the normal wig price, and witchwigs has many of their styles available in white.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18567

You'll need someone with a credit card to get a paypal account, but it is a safe site, endorsed by tons of users and even massive companies like ebay.com There's no need to be worried about sending them your credit card number. Promise.

Mythril
08-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Gosh -- please don't bleach your hair to be that light! I didn't do it personally, but I know someone who did and their hair actually snapped in two when you folded it... not pretty.

And IF you insist -- Don't do it unless you have thick hair... O.o

You could always find a wig without bangs and then cut bangs into it... O.o

Ruby-Chan
08-14-2003, 02:53 PM
i'm pretty sure there is a wig with bangs from www.amphigory.com that comes in white