View Full Version : Soul Eater - Mizune Help!

07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
So I have recently been working on a Mizune Cosplay and I've gotten to a point where I don't know how to continue on. I'm including a ref pic so you know which part of the costume I'm talking about ^^:

Ref: http://crazypartygirl22.deviantart.com/art/Mizune-full-body-115113170

The thing I need help with is the top.

Now I already have made the top, carefully constructed of craft foam sheets (to give it shape), fabric and hot glue (heat tape wouldnt stick to the foam, and a needle wouldn't go through it easily).

My problem is how to get it to close in the back and stay in place. A friend suggested adding clear bra straps onto it somehow, but I'm not quite sure how to do it- any suggestions?

Even more so I'm concerned with getting it to close. I made sure to make it bigger around then it had to be so that I have room to work with, but while I could velcro it shut somehow, I'm not comfortable witht the idea that thats the only thing keeping it shut. Anyone could pull it open or if I move to much or get caught on something it could come open as well. As for putting a zipper in the back, I have no sewing machine at the moment (it broke T.T) and I'm not sure I could sew one into the craft foam part. There is an inch of just fabric on each side but with its too big unless those peices over lap.

08-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I think that you can use rigid fabric with stays, you can make a round with plastic stays en put somes until your neck.

Good Luck!

08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I think I got what u ment lol I put the clear strap so it goes around my neck and that seemed to work out well ^^ and I put buttons on the back to secure it closed.