PDA

View Full Version : AFO: Day1; FRIDAY

Phiber
07-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Anime Festival Orlando Day 1: Friday.

The con was a lot of fun. The costumes where absolutely amazing and very intuitive!
(The Jill + Rebecca + Sheva = AWESOMNESS!)

The dealer's room had quite a bit to offer, from kitty tails and blades, to vampire Hunter D Copies and World of Warcraft models.

Things where a bit slow to start, but it all picked up around 4-5 P.M., when everyone showed up at once!

There where little kids beating up older men in the fighting ring,

A VERY interesting showing of Blackjack,

and my interruption of the DBZ Showing, with an "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!" After krillin threw his Destruco-disk. (Which was followed up by a random "WHAT NINE THOUSAND?!")

There was only ONE thing that upset me about this con's Friday.

Not that my jeep overheated,
Or that no one recognized me,

but . . There was NO CARAMEL DANSEN! :confused::hafha::confused:

Feel free to post additives and personal stories of your time here at the Con! :D

Phiber
07-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Some of the Costumes I saw:

Most above all, The amazing (Soul Eater?) Outfit that someone had worn. They had a massive hammer with them, and a wicked head-band. (awesome.)

FF8 People! OMG AN IRVINE! He was dawdling around the dealer's room when I spotted him walking around with a Slephie. There was also a squall, but that Irvine was just @m@zing.

MGS!! The Box! The Soldier! It was all hilarious! (Some of the things written on the box wheren't meant for mortal eyes.)

Barbie doll? I actually stood behind her in line for a bit, untill she went somewhere else.
I later found her suffocating in a plastic box labeled for Barbie dolls. xD

Yu-Gi-Oh! Kaiba?! That was AWESOME TOO! It was such a great outfit! I loved the card necklace!

Bleach! There was a lot of bleach players there! tons of masks walking about! My friend told one of them their mask was awesome, and he just kinda looked down on him and didn't say anything. :sulk: It was kinda scary, so I stepped away.

Naruto! Lots and LOTS of naruto people! Little kids dressed as Naruto, a few GREAT sakuras, Lots of people in red and black robes. And a Hinata!

Hellsing! Yes! I never see Hellsing cosplayers! Your outfit was great! (Even though the guns where wood!)

TTGL! Oh yeah Dota2008! Me and you ALL THE WAY! Best outfits THERE! Only 2 TTGL's in the whole place! Unless you where all hiding around back! :untrust:

Vandrea! Absolutely epic. I could tell that a lot of time was put into most of those costumes. Tons of detail, great coloring and nice props.

KH! The Heartless was totally epic. That must have been really uncomfortable in that outfit, having to stand like that. But it looks totally worthwhile with all the people who where admiring it. The soras where just as good also! xD

Half-Life! COMPANION CUBE! And Random Aperture Science and Enrichment Center Employee! YESSS!

Although, even in my vast knowledge, There where some costumes I didn't recognize, but still looked amazing. Most notably was the girl with the (Fur armor?) Shoulder pads, mask, face paint, the whole nine yards. I wish I knew what that was from, so I could clearly show my love for that.

Shampoo-chan13
08-01-2009, 01:35 AM
The Girl with the fur armor was from Final Fantasy X-2; Bezker Ryuuki? ((i hope i got that right??? ))
I met some AWESOEM People today XD
Hope to see you guys there! You'll me there tomorrow as Sexy no Jutsu Naruto! >D

I rocked the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band & Karaoke Jam
** I was the Shuichi ^=^"" or the person who sang My Heart will go on XDD **

Phiber
08-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Shampoo-chan . . Later into the con, did you happen to be asked a question by a simon and a person with a ponytail + hat in the parking lot about an autopart store?

We bothered someone that looks alot like you, and was extremely helpful.

if that was you, thank yuuu!

if not, nvm then. :bashful:

Shampoo-chan13
08-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Sounds Familar but i kunno CX;;

TallSquall
08-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Some of the Costumes I saw:

FF8 People! OMG AN IRVINE! He was dawdling around the dealer's room when I spotted him walking around with a Slephie.

Irvine rocked! hoping to get a group shot with him today.

There was also a squall

Hey, that's me! :bigtu: (I think)

ExileFayt
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello all! I was the Selphie with the Irvine, Irvine is Alteclansing on here :3 We're all very glad you thought he was awesome! ^-^ we worked real hard

There were some really nice costumes at this convention *0* I'm from the North and I moved here last year in October and all the conventions I've been too were really super meh compared to the conventions I'm used to like Anime Boston and Otakon, but I have to say AFO redeemed the convention reputation down here for me :] I really enjoyed it! I loved talking to a lot of people an there were so many fun things to do ^_^ I was soooo happy when I saw a Kanji and Yukiko from Persona 4 *0*!! I love that game x3!

There were so many fun things about Friday it's hard to remember! *0*
It's too bad my wig wasn't there on Friday :[

TallSquall
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you Exile and Alte for taking me under your wing at my first con. The photo shoot was great! I will make sure you get the shots from my friends as well.

Shampoo-chan13
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I saw you Exile! CX I thought your cosplay was Awesome!! >D

Dota2008
08-03-2009, 01:10 AM
it was fun yea there werent many TTGL cosplayers either. glad i was able to pull of my Male Yoko. mygf even cosplayed as yoko

ExileFayt
08-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Thank you Exile and Alte for taking me under your wing at my first con. The photo shoot was great! I will make sure you get the shots from my friends as well.

no problemo! ^3^!
we were glad you had fun and took photos with us :D
while looking through other peoples photos we found a really pretty Rinoa that I wish we found for the shoot! x3x
oh well, there's next time :D

I saw you Exile! CX I thought your cosplay was Awesome!! >D

Thank you so much! ^-^ I worked really hard on my costume and I'm glad people liked it x3

Champuro
08-03-2009, 10:43 AM
AFO was great this year! If anyone has any pictures of the Miwako & Arashi (myself and my cosplaying partner/loverboy) please let me know! About a million people took our picture but it doesn't look like anyone posted them online!

Phiber
08-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Where can I find all these "pictures"?

I want to see if I was in any of them. :O

I still don't have a decent picture of my cosplay.:waaaah:

Strixx
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, I was working with Anime Remix in the Dealers room, as a repo Henchie. I also dressed an asian in drag. If you saw my pretty trap, lemme know?

ExileFayt
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
AFO was great this year! If anyone has any pictures of the Miwako & Arashi (myself and my cosplaying partner/loverboy) please let me know! About a million people took our picture but it doesn't look like anyone posted them online!

aww I just went through my photos and it didn't look like I took your photo x.x I don't know why because I absolutely adored you two! I was so happy to see some PK love :3

ExileFayt
08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Also Champuro, my friend Michael Iacca took some professional photos I saw on his camera when he took photos of Irvine and I. I can get you into contact with him if you don't have his info if you'd like :D

Champuro
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Where can I find all these "pictures"?

I want to see if I was in any of them. :O

I still don't have a decent picture of my cosplay.:waaaah:

The best place to look is on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=afo+09&search_type=&aq=f) and just go through everyone's slideshows, but searching through Deviantart gives some pretty good results, too. Just search for "AFO 09" or "AFO 2009"!

@ExileFayt: Awww - thank you so much! Your costume was absolutely AMAZING. Gravity-defying hair always has a super special place in my heart!

Champuro
08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Also Champuro, my friend Michael Iacca took some professional photos I saw on his camera when he took photos of Irvine and I. I can get you into contact with him if you don't have his info if you'd like :D

That would be amazing! Feel free to PM me with the details~!

Phiber
08-03-2009, 11:18 PM
The best place to look is on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=afo+09&search_type=&aq=f) and just go through everyone's slideshows, but searching through Deviantart gives some pretty good results, too. Just search for "AFO 09" or "AFO 2009"!

Will do, thank you kindly!

The only thing that makes that somewhat complicated, is no one directly took a picture of me . . .
so, if anyone's is looking through your pictures, Would you mind looking for a dark blonde haired simon with a short sleeved shirt in the background? Goggles around my neck? Walking with another person about my height with a black hat on and his hair in a ponytail?

I would GREALTY appreciate it. My eternal grattitude to anyone who finds me.

Dahlia_Wright
08-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Barbie doll? I actually stood behind her in line for a bit, untill she went somewhere else.
I later found her suffocating in a plastic box labeled for Barbie dolls. xD

LOL luckily I cut a large hole in the plastic so I could breath. It was almost too hot to do that cosplay but I'm so glad I did!!

Hooded Woman
08-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Friday was amazing, at least in the evening for me. Anyone attend the Resident Evil panel?

Champuro
08-04-2009, 09:58 AM
LOL luckily I cut a large hole in the plastic so I could breath. It was almost too hot to do that cosplay but I'm so glad I did!!

Your costume? Amazing. When I realized you were wearing a Betsey Johnson dress? I pretty much formed a girl-crush on you! The whole idea was great and you executed it so well!

EXsoldierSNAKE
08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Friday was amazing, at least in the evening for me. Anyone attend the Resident Evil panel?

I missed it!! :( We got there after registration closed so I couldn't see it.

does anyone remember seeing a girl dressed in a black komono with a bright purple wig on Sunday? I don't remember what she said her costume was from, but it looked like something from Bleach. I know it wasn't since she said no one recognized her. I was talking to her while in line for the costume contest and didn't catch her name:(

Dahlia_Wright
08-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Your costume? Amazing. When I realized you were wearing a Betsey Johnson dress? I pretty much formed a girl-crush on you! The whole idea was great and you executed it so well!

Thanks girl! You know Barbie would totally have a closet full of Betsey Johnson in the dreamhouse! <3

Phiber
08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I stood behind you in line to get the tickets. xD

Sorry if we creeped you out a bit!

your cosplay was amazing too. xD