PDA

View Full Version : Rare Cosplays Photoshoot?

angelzxdemonz
08-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I was thinking that for all the characters that aren't as well known could all get together for a photoshoot! What do you think?

DespairedPheonix
08-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Depending on the day, you can count me in! :)

Acro
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
That's a pretty good idea. Since I highly doubt anyone is going to cosplay a Toradora character, I guess I'll join in. ;D I'm going Saturday and possibly Sunday though.

Winds_of_Fate
08-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't think that there will be any Megaman Cosplayers there so count my Bass in if its on Sunday.

angelzxdemonz
08-05-2009, 04:01 AM
I guess we can wait to see the what day the majority will want it on. We could also have two shoots, one for saturday and one for sunday?

I'll be cosplaying as Soah from Bride of the Water God

DespairedPheonix
08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll be Krad from DNAngel on Saturday. I know DNAngel used to be popular, but it's not anymore. *cries*

angelzxdemonz
08-06-2009, 02:50 AM
I look forward to the Krad costume! Are you making wings? :3

LostDonut
08-06-2009, 03:11 AM
There's actually a threat for a D.N Angel photoshoot O.o

DespairedPheonix
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I know. But it died. :(
And even though there is a thread, it doesn't mean DNAngel is not a rarely cosplayed anime. It's really old, and I don't see many DNAngel cosplayers anymore, and I've been to a fair amount of cons. And besides, even if the DNAngel thread gets revived, it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to come to this shoot, either.

And yes, I am planning on making wings. At first I wasn't, because I was going to be taking the train into the city, but now I plan on making them since I'm staying in a hotel :)

StripperANBU
08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
if the convention wasnt so close id love to bring my zero (kurohime) cosplay.
but depending on how this gets set up id love to come just to take pictures,=)

Yamia Ishtar
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Sweet. :3

I'll bring my NiGHTS cosplay. I'm sure I'll be the only NiGHTS cosplayer there. X3

DespairedPheonix
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't be too sure of yourself sir! I have a friend that cosplays as Nights also!!!!! :P

However, yes. Nights is not common at all :P

Yamia Ishtar
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Ooh, is your friend coming with you? :D

I know a couple of NiGHTS cosplayers. I met one at AnimeNEXT this year.

gao chan
08-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm going as Dejiko from DiGi Charat soo I'll try to make it to this if the maid cafe doesn't consume me

angelzxdemonz
08-07-2009, 03:00 AM
This is my first time going to NYAF, so, can anyone suggest a location?

Winds_of_Fate
08-07-2009, 06:31 AM
hm.... How about the stairs? The ones you use when you come in the upper entrance. I think it would be cool to have the grid work of the paneling behind us in the pictures.

Yamia Ishtar
08-07-2009, 11:14 AM
That's a good suggestion, but security might harp on us for blocking a "fire exit" or some fart. : p

We should choose a place that everyone can see us. I don't know if NYAF will change its layout again this year, so I think we should wait to choose the location until the map comes out.

Hoshikorosu
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry for butting in but I think you can view the map layout here (http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?show_id=NYAF09).

xD

Yamia Ishtar
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry for butting in but I think you can view the map layout here (http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?show_id=NYAF09).

xD

Oh snap. :D

Thanks Hoshi. x3 (i'm gonna hunt you down on Friday. lol )

Seeshelle
08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I like this idea. No idea who I'll be, but choices are
Shizune of Naruto
Xion of KH
Kunikida [genderbender] of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Yui Hirasawa or Ritsu of K-On! seem popular, so forget that...
That's it. I'm missing things for Xion and Shizune, but I can do Kunikida.

Hoshikorosu
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Jizabel : No problem ~ 8D LOL.
And okay, I'll be aware of someone hunting me down o-o;;; lol.

DespairedPheonix
08-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Ooh, is your friend coming with you? :D

I know a couple of NiGHTS cosplayers. I met one at AnimeNEXT this year.

I know he's going to BE there, I don't know if he's going to be Nights though lol

Winds_of_Fate
08-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Well, the thing about the stairs is that its before the con area itself and there are exits above and below the stairs. So everyone will be able to leave the Center in case of an emergency. And the stairs are wide and divided by a handrail. We would totally be able to take a few pics on the stairs on one side. That way people can still get to the con but we are where a lot of people can see us but not taking up space on the actual con floor.

gao chan
08-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Lolz I've been there since year one!!!

I work at the maid cafe sooo i would sayyy the best ares issssss the maid cafe lolz
no but seriously I just saw the layout and it looks pretty good!!

Yamia Ishtar
08-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree with gao chan. I've been at NYAF since the first year, and every year, the Maid Cafe has been the most popular spot for pictures, etc. I second gao chan's idea! :3

LostDonut
08-09-2009, 02:13 AM
oh realli? O.o
I've never been to the maid cafe before....
-didn't know where was one until this year-
better go check it out this year XD

DespairedPheonix
08-09-2009, 10:50 AM
*nods* I agree.

Acro
08-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm down for whatever~! This will be my first time going to NYAF, so I just hope I won't get lost. XD

FenixMage
08-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I know im very old school, but ill be going as the white kibaranger from Dairanger series, I know it's not anime to the tee but its still amazing.
PS: AKA: White Tiger Ranger(MMPR)

Yamia Ishtar
08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
@FenixMage: Sweet, I love Power Rangers cosplays. XD

So, are we all going to have the photoshoot by the maid cafe?

santose2008
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I know im very old school, but ill be going as the white kibaranger from Dairanger series, I know it's not anime to the tee but its still amazing.

Your doing one of the best power rangers. It would be an honor to take your picture and even take you home. Just playing. I always loved the old power rangers, when it first came out. Green and White ranger was the best. Then again the character Tommy was always the cool headed one out of the group. I will be at the shoot taking pictures since my character is well known. Well now he's well known in the Naruto universe since Kakashi Gaiden came out. Uchiha Obito. I must say one of the best episodes since Naruto Shippuuden came out.

knightmare6
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM

Very cool!

lechaflan
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Hm nice. I might join in if allowable. Considering there's no speak of Persona/SMT shoots, then my Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4 could fit right in.

Ron Jr
08-18-2009, 10:53 PM
I will be Gendo Ikari and my Daughter will be Misato from EVA. We would be glad to join up.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/Ron_Jr/AnimeNext2009/25967.jpg

HimeZelda
08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm game. xD I'm cosplaying characters with my boyfriend that no one knows about. LMAO

lechaflan
08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
^ Haha if you're referring to your sig, Mint and Mina, then yea I know them but to see them as cosplays are basically rare-to-none.

On topic, in case I don't feel like pulling off Dojima... I MIGHT do Domingo from Shining Force.

Yea, bet you'd never see that coming.

Kirakishou7
08-21-2009, 10:59 PM
If I decide to bring a third costume, ill be P-Ko from PQAngels. Ill come if the photoshoot is not around the same time as the Macross and FFX one. XD Its always nice to see more rare cosplays!

Zouziias
08-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Coooool. I'm pretty sure noone will be dressed up as Oshus from Zelda other than me. xD

santose2008
08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Is there going to be a Team Fortress photoshoot? I'm starting to get into this game and seeing what it is. From seeing the outtakes for the Spy, Scout, Pyro etc. it's a game I want to get into. I just want to take some pictures of people cosplaying them because there outfits looks so cool.

Zouziias
08-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Is there going to be a Team Fortress photoshoot? I'm starting to get into this game and seeing what it is. From seeing the outtakes for the Spy, Scout, Pyro etc. it's a game I want to get into. I just want to take some pictures of people cosplaying them because there outfits looks so cool.

Team Fortress is FAR FROM a Rare Cosplay. Otakon was swarmed with them. The game is pretty fun, but I have it for the Xbox and I think more people play the PC game. I don't know if there is a difference or if there even IS a PC version of the game, point is NOONE is on when I play.

...But I love the style of it. :- D

Acro
08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Team Fortress is FAR FROM a Rare Cosplay. Otakon was swarmed with them. The game is pretty fun, but I have it for the Xbox and I think more people play the PC game. I don't know if there is a difference or if there even IS a PC version of the game, point is NOONE is on when I play.

...But I love the style of it. :- D

Yeah, TF2 is one of the most cosplayed video game series. I totally love it though. I have it for both the PC and 360, but my crappy computer can't run the PC version yet. The main difference is that the PC gets updates while the 360 has the first version of the game. Will the 360 ever get the updates? Only VALVe knows...

santose2008
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I just got the TF2 for my PS3 and people are on. I'm starting to like the game. I like being the Scout. I like to run really fast and wack people upside the head with the baseball bat. I will update my computer soon but not this year. Maybe next year. Although I want to cosplay somebody on TF2, like Scout but I will have to see with the time I'm given. If you're going to Zenkaikon, you will see me as Scout.

LadyxGrey
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Hmm, I don't think it's really a rare cosplay, specifically, more like it's new-ish (I think). But I'll be there as Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts.

If I manage to find the Maid Cafe (I always wondered where it was), I'll stop by to get some photos. Don't count on my being there though, I'm usually the pack mule for my group of friends, so I tend to be carted around a lot. Plus, I tend to get lost. xD

Oh yeah, I know everyone's pretty much decided on a location, but I know there's a lot of open area on the ground floor, the level in which you enter the Javitz center. I had a Vampire Knight Photoshoot there. It was off to the side of the main staircases that went down into the con area. We also used a set of stairs (an escalator that wasn't running, I think) that went into the upper floor.

DS454
08-27-2009, 05:01 PM
I think i am tring to set up a day for saturday to drive down. If i go, I will be about 8 feet tall and red and if you were @ connecticon you know who I was. So with that said can be a fun photoshoot!:bigtu:

MiyakaUme
08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey hey! Will Digimon count to?? ^w^

Im going as TK from Season 2 and I MIGHT have a Yolei with me. XP

Digimon is old so it counts and I know there is a thread (I made it) but I only know of four cosplayers going (my friend and I included).

Im only gonna be there Saturday though. -w-

Yamia Ishtar
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, just because a game/anime/cartoon is old, doesn't necessarily means that no one cosplays from them. I saw a whole group of Digimon cosplayers at AnimeNEXT this year and last year, from first, second, and third season.

What I'm trying to say is, Digimon cosplay isn't all that rare, its quite common actually. So...eh. Its just my opinion though, someone else might say something different.

MiyakaUme
08-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Ok thankx for the heads up. I didnt see much Digimon cosplayers in AnimeNext 08 though... I only saw a TK and Kari and I was there for all three days. Oh and I know there were alot this year. They had a soccor game with Pokemon cosplayers.