PDA

View Full Version : Animagic rocks

Dark Vision
10-06-2002, 05:51 AM
Its a bit premature, but its the end of the second day, and I'm on a computer, so the points is, it rocks. I know why everyone loves this con so much now. Its just a bunch of otaku's gatering. There seems to be so many costumes, ( everyone changes their costume to their mood ).

Luna Moon
10-06-2002, 10:53 AM
haha cool beans~

Well if you see Will tell him that Jenn says he's a dork~

-Luna-

peacecraft
10-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Well, what I like about it is the lack of sructure (though a lot of people complain about this same point...). I can just go there and hang out, like this year. I realized at about 4:00 on Saturday "hey, I feel sick, and I've done nothing all day... and I'm having a great time and I'm totally happy". Now that kind of energy to me is a good con.

Iori E
10-06-2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah, the lack of structure and the people-meeting is a very good thing... if you're a cosplayer or at least know most of the people there. If not, it gets really boring really quick. I had a feeling my friend felt that way, although I had a total blast.

Hey Dark Vision, remember me? Some other people and I kinda made fun of your name a little bit. ^^; No offense meant, though...

L to the 3rd
10-07-2002, 12:25 AM
it was like a 3 day anime-party-camp. ^_^

Yuna
10-07-2002, 12:44 AM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

::falls over::

I'm am SOOOOOO not a bear... I just cosplay her.

Dark Vision
10-07-2002, 01:18 AM
I guess its the night life thats great. Friday was slow, sunday was just to say good bye and last minute buying. But saturday is the my favorite. Though it did get boring fast but thats where the all mighty hacky sack came in. And playing kung fu helps get through the boredom.

Hey Will I'll bring a couple good wax wood staffs next time and have some real fun.

Iori E, were you that Sanji by any chance?

Iori E
10-07-2002, 01:22 AM
Actually, no... I was Kim Sue Il, the guy with the blue & red beads and the long stick. I was also Clark, if that rings a bell.

Funny that you mention Sanji, though, because I was planning on making that character my next cosplay.

L to the 3rd
10-07-2002, 01:23 AM
errr....long stick?

Iori E
10-07-2002, 01:28 AM
Yes! My long stick! Everybody wanted to touch my long stick! Everybody wanted to play with my long stick! I even let Justin borrow my stick for a while because it's nice and long! So... yeah! Stand in unbelievable awe of my long stick!

ChenCzen
10-07-2002, 01:31 AM
subtle

Aoshi Shinomori
10-07-2002, 01:37 AM
Hi just arrived back from Animagic.. i met alot of people.. but i forgot their screen names.. hmm.. guy with red and blue beads with a long stick?.. *thinks*..

Miaka No Baka
10-07-2002, 01:50 AM
nou I back too ^_^ it was fun fun fun ^_^ I can't wait to see everyones pictures! I met lots of people and re-met those I knew from before and dont get to see a whole lot. ^_^ I'm definately going back next year! Time to rest up got work tomorrow. I'll put up my pictures soon. Maybe tonight or maybe tomorrow ^_^; And yes tidus got pushed into pool and i have picture of wet tidus ^_^ Next year we should have a Wet Tidus contest lol ^_^

Miaka no Baka

L to the 3rd
10-07-2002, 02:12 AM
OMg..everyone kept playing with my balls.... er.. materia.

Okita Souji
10-07-2002, 02:54 AM
Hey, good to see some of you there. It was pretty easy to spot me although I was only there on Friday.

Karisu-sama
10-07-2002, 05:52 AM
Time to quite all this LURKING and start POSTING...

I & my family had a BLAST!! :) :) :)

I will get around to posting pics, I promise... (in my "Copious Free Time") - I saw the "Wet Tidus Butt Print" - ha ha! ;)

Great to see you guys again / or meet some of you in person for the first time (or at least get a proper intro, for a change! ;) )

AngieRikku
10-07-2002, 06:02 AM
Did anyone know who won the masquerade? I was the Yuna doing the sending and left early. Please tell me! *Very Anxious*

Karisu-sama
10-07-2002, 06:10 AM
Um, the guy cosplaying Esca Movie Van on Sunday said his group won Best in Show, but I didn't get to see ANY of the Masquerade, because right after we did our skit, 2 of us had to run off and change costumes to be in the Half-Time Star Wars show... SOMEBODY PLEASE GET ME AM MASQ. VIDEO!!! I WANT TO SEE ALL YOUR STUFF!! (...as well as mine ;) )

AngieRikku
10-07-2002, 06:11 AM
Where do we get the Masquerade videos?

AngieRikku
10-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Also if anyone knows who won Saturday's Masquerade please tell me!

Famira Damaris
10-07-2002, 10:24 AM
I had a great time. XD And I got to go to the crossplay panel *worships*

Erm...I didn't really do a whole lot at the convention, now that I think about it. But I still had a lot of fun! *beams and bounces* ^^

A J
10-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Hi! I had fun and met lots of peoples! It was really cool since I don't know that many people. I think I need to bring more costumes next year... :)

BTW, Karisu-sama, your little girls were SOOOO cute. I'm going to kidnap your Merle next time I see her. :)

SleepingKirby
10-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Shiranai? The best of show of the masquerade was "Gamu-gamu no cosplay". In other words. One Piece! And the guy in the Escaflowne costume was Monkey D. Ruffy himself. By the way, does anyone happen to know a Vernoica? Somone named Veronica that attended Mr. Duo's little Karaoke Gathering had asked for some files off my computer, but I forgot to get her e-mail. If anyone happen to know her, can you ask her to message me? Thanks.

AngieRikku
10-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Dang! It wasn't me. :_:. Oh well, maybe at Anime Expo. ^_^

Kamui Motoaki
10-07-2002, 03:28 PM
AHA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHA HA HAH AHA HAH AH AH
I HAD FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
THEN I VOMIT. . .
THEN I HAD MORE FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!
then i glomp it. .
THEN MORE FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
then i leave it. . .*cries*
. . . . miss everyone. . lol
i going next year. .agian. .or i'll die trying. .^_~

Aoshi Shinomori
10-07-2002, 03:35 PM
I had lots of fun.. I was glad to meet new people and got to see the people i havent seen in a long time. well for the masquerade.. the one piece group won best of show with my friend yanachan in it.. I saw the Yuna Summoning dance from far away since we were still in the restaurant waiting to go up. I was so surprised when we actually won the Scott McNiel Award. and i was more surprised when we won the Window Decoration too.. I didnt attend any panels and i missed the cosplay.com gathering.. but in the end.. L to the 3rd did wind up pushing me in the pool.. and then Miaka no baka pushed me in all the way... and Yes my Tidus is wet.

Kuja
10-07-2002, 03:35 PM
*snore* So tired

Eurobeat King
10-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Yesh, Animagic 2k2 rocked! :skidude2: I videotaped the masqy from the left side, (closer to the podium) so you couldn't see Jean too well due to the speaker, but the quality came out good. After all the skits were done, I went backstage to take pics of cosplayers, so I didn't get to see all those who won their prizes. I even missed seeing the Star Wars skit. :( But at least I got pics of their group afterwards and a couple of pics posing with Christy (Padme) :D

Aoshi: Congrats on your skit prize as well as your window-display prize! Since Miaka was all the way to the right side of the stage, the video couldn't see the signs clearly enuf, but I was able to read the signs from where I was. As for the window display, those certainly were a LOT of Cactuars. heehee My friend Allie cosplayed as Lulu and asked if I knew where she could find a Cactuar.. "You could try BORROWING one from that window display.." heehee

I didn't stick around long enuf to see who won the window-display contest, but I was happy just being able to participate. :cool:

deathxangel
10-07-2002, 04:36 PM
weeee!!! it's only monday and i already miss everyone. if any one saw me i was the chocobo. heh heh heh. it was a rather interesting choice cause everyone wanted to ride me. *sweat drop*

Dark Vision
10-07-2002, 05:05 PM
O yea, my little (actually ten is a big number) cosplay group won. Kinda funny how the whole group was pretty much form the day before, and the skit was truly created like a couple of hours before the masquerade. We never expected best of show and we were really depress since our goal was best group. Well i guess everything work out okay, dammit i'm typing too much again. But we owe our win to the sugar/ sweet and low/ equal shots we took from the game we were playing before the masquerade.

Dark Vision
10-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Hey Al, if all possible, can you send a copy down here, must see how mine and everybody elses skit really went.

BTW, sweet and low and equal are the nastiest things ever created.

deathxangel, I remember you, I was in a tidus costume with a water blade of some sort. Hehehe, must ride chocobo. Next you wear it bring chocobo music.

Wet tidus contest, I'm in but I have to make my costume water proof then, and maybe use a wig. I don't think anyone wants to see a mysterious yellow substance tainting the pool.

Nova
10-07-2002, 05:17 PM
I would have to greatly agree! AniMagic was sooooo much fun. If anyone saw the Digimon Cosplay,I was the Miyako/Yoile that was in it. If ya want to get into contact with any of the other cosplayers in my group I'd be happy to give you their email! ja^.^

Aoshi Shinomori
10-07-2002, 06:06 PM
Oh thanks. We had some people bailed out on us at the last minute and i was running around Saturday trying to find kenshin cosplayers to put in our skit. I was glad to find those cosplayers willing to participate in our skit. We didnt practice till the last minute so i was so happy we won. Lol well for the window decorating contest.. Miaka brought all her Cactuar plushies and all i had was a Kenshin and Aoshi plushie. we even had a cactuar with a santa hat and Jumbo Cactuar. I guess ill be going to the Metreon this saturday.. so i hope to see some of u guys there.

Mei Lan Chang
10-07-2002, 06:14 PM
I am the Mei Lan Chang, the Gimme Cat, and the Pheobe.

WOOHOOO!!!!
WHo had fun? ME! I am so glad I went. I finally got to meet a lot of people that I that I have been talking to/picking on all this time. Ani-Magic was a super con, and I am glad that my first all-anime con was it. Thanks for making a new gal in town feel welcome. Go visit my site for pics!!!

ZiggyB
10-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Yep yep, I had a wonderful time. As someone else said at AM it was like Anime/Cosplay camp. :D

Got home a bit too late last night so I couldn't work on putting pictures online. I'll hope to have them up in a few days. Unfortunatly real life decided to rear it's ugly head. :P

It was really great meeting everyone!

Famira Damaris
10-07-2002, 07:27 PM
*L* I got SUCH a kick out of your Alien Zack costume! XD

would have to greatly agree! AniMagic was sooooo much fun. If anyone saw the Digimon Cosplay,I was the Miyako/Yoile that was in it. If ya want to get into contact with any of the other cosplayers in my group I'd be happy to give you their email! ja^.^

*blurps* I didn't see the whole Digimon skit because I was trying to watch it through a camera lens. xX! I still got a kick out of the Stingmon on the floor. :P *huggles her plushees*

Yuna
10-07-2002, 08:01 PM
weeeeeeee~ I so can't wait to see more pictures!!! *-* I wanna see Nessa-squall ones XDDD

BTW, Angie, I remember you! ^_^ I was that girl after the masqurade telling you how cute you were doing the Ikain Okuri! ^_^ I was in the cream floofy dress XD

L to the 3rd
10-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Haha Aoshi-kun got shoved in the pool!
Didn't I say so?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Now i'm completely jealous and po'ed that I didn't go. I went last year and this year, I couldn't. why, Lord almighty, why? ;_;
But at least I get the SF Metreon Anime Festival and yaoi-Con for the next 2 weekends.

AngieRikku
10-07-2002, 11:46 PM
Hi, Yuna
Uhh...... I still can't figure out who won the masquerade. Can anyone please tell me if the Summoning Yuna, Me, won Saturday's masquerade?

Yuna
10-08-2002, 12:10 AM
lots of people won different things. The people who won Best of Show, if that's what you mean, were the people from the One Peice group.

Karisu-sama
10-08-2002, 12:56 AM
Albert, can I see / get copy of your video some time? I saw absolutely NOTHING of the Masq., especially since we went on early and then I had to run off and change / rehearse for the Star Wars show.

I want to see everyone's skits! (Oh yeah, and mine too, what the heck :p But I know how that one goes.)

Dark Vision
10-08-2002, 02:05 AM
Okay lets get the winning deal strait. There were minor judges award, such as the kinda cool "Keep it in the family" award and the big awards.

Best costume i think was two Piocolas from Digicharat, who left a little too early.

Best individual was the Master gundam, the rapping natuku

Best group was the soulcailber group i think(not too sure all of a sudden)

and the big award, if you think of it as winning the masquerade, and we're still wondering why we got it, was
Best of show by the Gamu Gamu no Cosplay. which is the One Piece group.

Also there are other awards I think were big too like the best kid award, which was either the slayers Lina Inverse or Hikaru from angelic layer.

Sorry Angie, you didn't win any awards. You danced well but the performance awards have a tendency to go to skits, its creativity rather than ability that moves the judges i think.

If i made a mistake on naming awards, someone throw a hammer at me or something.

AngieRikku
10-08-2002, 02:23 AM
Thanks! Hey whoever has a tape of the masquerade, could I please have a copy?

SleepingKirby
10-08-2002, 02:26 AM
There was also a most memorable or something like it. The King of Fighters/Nabeshin/Yatta group got that one.

Making kids award by Mortal Combat.

I think the cutie-cutie award was won by Mini-moni USA or something like that.

Best custome was won by that girl, Siren, I thought? I could be wrong...

Kenshin Ken
10-08-2002, 03:02 AM
hehe ^^ I had a blast at AM , my only regret is that I didn't get my butt up to reserve a room at the hotel ahead of time ^^;;

it wouldev'e saved me alot of time going back n forht to change into costumes ^^;

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 03:29 AM
Yes surprisingly so.. i got shoved in the pool.. not once.. but twice.. dont worry.. my tidus is dry now.

L to the 3rd
10-08-2002, 03:34 AM
BWHAHAhaa ... not for long, Aoshi-kun.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 03:39 AM
Nooo.. u lay your hands off my Tidus. its done nothing to you.. yet. heh

L to the 3rd
10-08-2002, 04:56 AM
yea so.. if tidus does anything, he'll be smacked on the head!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 05:06 AM
oh really? so u first blind me with your sword.. then smack me on the head? and after that u will push me in the pool? well lets hope your outfit is waterproof heh

L to the 3rd
10-08-2002, 05:07 AM
haha i shall blind you before i'm even
near the pool!

artemis316
10-08-2002, 05:31 AM
Here's a suggestion, Aoshi...WEAR SHADES!! THEY WORK!! :skidude2:

Yuna
10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
ANi Magic is all about the skits XD

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 03:11 PM
heh ill wear like shiny shades where it will reflectback at you heh..

Lilli
10-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Hehe!! Well, as far as awards go, here's what I can remember... *is getting old, so isn't sure on EVERYTHING as to who won*

Best In Show: One Piece
Reason: (since you asked ^-~) Cause you guys freakin rocked. Your portrayals were so accurate, and the skit showed true imagination. "Now with Sword Biting Action!" Okay, I just love that guy's smile, it's perfect.

Best Group: (as far as I remember) Soul Calibur
Personally, I'm still wowed by your guy's costumes!! I loved that you even made Siegfried's chest armour jointed, and in plates. And you just couldn't have chosen a better song ^-~ And your Taki was really really totally freakin cool, the bodysuit was professional-grade! Even sewed in the tabi-socks *-*

Best Individual: Rapping Gundam (or as we lovingly call him, The Gundam Muchacho)
Totally sweet ^___^ Having WuFei in your chest was just icing on the cake. Nice props too! I'm not usually a big rap fan, (I like the old style rap) but I totally loved your skit.

^^; Then again, yes, I loved almost every skit, O-HOHOHOHO!! EVERYONE WAS SOOOO FREAKIN AWESOME!

Scott McNeil's Award: The Kenshin Fishy group! You guys were soooo cute! Go Go Daikon goo!! Sweet job on the fish. Having the plastic to protect the tail really did show a lot of thought! And your Misao was just sooo kawaii, such a nice nice wig. AND EVERYONE LOVED YOUR SUBTITLES!

Does Your Momma Know What You're Doing?: from Shamanic Princess! Kitty, your costume was freakin awesome ^-^ Eeeeeeeek, congratulations, you have like 0% body fat... (and we envy you for it ^-~) Your costume was sooo nice *-* I really applaud you!!! Sewing support into it really was the best way to go, I'm afraid I've seen too many costumes where they've neglected to do so ^^;; And your wig was so amazing *-* What on earth did you make your jagon from? Must... Research...

Then there were some more awards, the "Keep it in the Family" award, that went to the Escaflowne Martial Arts Family. OMG. Your Merle. SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!! Eeeeheheheheee *goes superdeformed and runs around flailing her arms in the air* In case anyone didn't get to see Dilandu's (the mom) scar up close, she actually used theatrical makeup for her scar, to make it pucker and everything!! It looked so cool *-* And the amount of work she put into those swords, totally amazing. She even made the scabbards, ladies and gentlemen.

We Wanna Steal Your Boots: (No, that's not exactly what it was called ^^; But that's the gist of it... Eh, who gave this award? I forget! It was that pretty blond lady...) The One Winged Angel! *-* (Trannsylvania Rose?) She made her own boots... She made her own boots!!! And I'm still sooo impressed on how she made her lines match up so nicely on the back of the costume. It seems like an obvious thing, but you'd be surprised how often people don't bother! And by the way. We really do wanna steal your boots ^-~

Make The Children Cry... Who won that one, I forget? Was it the Yatta skit?

Hehe, as far as craftsmanship awards, it was so much fun to see everyone's costumes, but it was so hard having to pick winners ._.;; There were so many awesome costumes!!! (Chi, especially, was just so pretty!!!)

Best Group cosplay went to Star Crossed, for their Haruka and Michiru costumes. As hard as I looked, I couldn't find a single stray thread on those things ._.; (Looking back, I can't help but feel bad, I kinda pawed the poor things over. But the construction was just so air tight *-*) Eeeeeee, I know they aren't the hardest costumes in the world to make, but goshdernit, they were so freakin spiffy!! Craftsmanship wise, it was perfection. *happy sigh!*

Best Crossplay: Pyocola Analogue pair! There are so many totally awesome things about their costumes, the boy's, in particular. To be totally honest, I'm normally very leary when it comes to crossplayers. But he just did such a good job on his costume!! And it was his first one ever, if you can beleive it!! The psychotic attention to detail pushed us over the edge. He couldn't find just the right striped fabric, so he painted the stripes on himself. He made long bloomers, and even laced a bit of ribbon through the lace on the bottom! And on one of his petticoats, he even painted lace so it'd be the right color! EEEEEEE!! Heheheeee!! His bow on back was sooo cool! And on both of their hats, they even had kawaii little panda faces they drew!!! And in case you didn't get a chance to see the girl's shoes up close, they. were. SO. CUTE!!!! As much as I'm gushing over the guy's costume, her's was equally cute!!! So much ruffles and fluffles and lace, kawaii kawaii kawaii ^-^ (ok, now I feel too much saccharine, even for me. And that's bad.)

One Craftsmanship Judge's award went to the uber-cute Washuu, we especially loved how she used different fabrics and textures on her costume!! And her wig was so awesome!

Best DragonSlayer Award: (the craftsmanship award I gave) The cute little Lina Inverse!! You probably couldn't see it in the back row, but she had a fireball!! It was so cute, omg *-* Heheee, and her wig was styled totally awesome!! And she had all 4 of her talismen!!! I really like how they did her armour! It had a flexible type foam inside, so it wouldn't hurt her, and it also gave it a very finished appearance! So cool, so very cool *-*

Heheee, mou! There were more awards, too. But I forget them ^^; And this post is getting really long, I'm sorry ^^; ._.;; *wanders off back to her closet like a good little psycho* ooooh... a sock...

Rey-Rey
10-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Most handsome award went to Rey-Rey. >=D

Ruff. >=D

Lilli
10-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Injustice!!! How could I forget our $2 ReyRey?!?! Please forgive me ;_; heheee

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 04:03 PM
i think the make my children cry award went to the Mortal Kombat Group heh..

FlameSniperRei
10-08-2002, 04:05 PM
Doood, I could barely see the stage from where I was standing, if you saw a girl in red hoping up n down to watch the masq, yeah taht would be me. LOL. Congrats to everyone, I think the costumes were awesome and the skits from what I heard and saw, were equally great! The moods were relaxed and it felt like people were focused on having fun then to compete... ^.^ thats what's cool about small cons.

omigosh tho people thought we were like in the masq, but we weren't. We were just performing because we were invited to perform. ^,^* I hope everyone enjoyed our number tho' it's from the Sailor Moon Musicals (a fan event to be specific). I had a lot of fun performing and also just kickin' it with all the cosplayers!!!!!!! :D

:bouncer:

-Gina
S*J

Lilli
10-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Uwaaaaah *rattles her empty little head* I couldn't remember if it was the Mortal Kombat group or the Yatta group... Like I said, I'm gettin old!!! I have... no idea ._.;;

Karisu-sama
10-08-2002, 04:38 PM
Wai, so many gorgeous costumes!!! Lilli, I wanna steal her boots too, heh :) I only wish I could have gotten PICTURES of all of them!! I was trying frantically to hunt down people after our Star Wars show to get piccies... (I did get that lovely Chii pic!! Thanks, Nessa! :) )

I wanna see the masquerade!!! I wanna see everyone's fun stuff that I had to MISS ALL OF because I had to go prep for Star Wars, wah!!! Somebody get me video, *pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease*??? *big tearful anime-sized begging eyes*

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Hey Karisu... our friend Mike that was staying with us recorded the whole Masquerade.. we are trying to put it all on tape .. so far we just got our skit heh.. ill see if we can fit it all in one tape.

BabySnowLeopard
10-08-2002, 07:14 PM
;_; I wish my costume was done. =P

AND I BLAME THE SKIT ON WAYNE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~XD

~Kie