PDA

View Full Version : ooStuck for ideas! Need to chse a costume for red-haired girl!

fatalgrace
08-10-2009, 12:48 AM
On a rather sudden impulse my best friend decided to come along to a convention with me, and I need to do a costume for her!

I'm short on time for armor and excessive accessories, but Im rather handy with clothing design, and was wondering if anyone could help me come up with something to do for her.

She's got a really skinny build, shoulder length red/auburn hair (could probably pull off brown or red hair easily enough). She's a touch shy, so despite her fabulous figure nothing too revealing (she vetoed Kalleen's short jumpsuit for Code Geass). She'd probably love something elegant and fantasy-esque, like sweeping gowns or dresses in dark dramatic colours or styles. But with this little warning she'll take pretty much anything I can come up with. Only Im not doing so well at the coming up with.

So any suggestions?

StrawberrySiren
08-10-2009, 02:10 AM
ROMEO X JULIET!!!!!!!! it's perfect! if anything her hair might be short. btw this belongs probably in the who do i look like thread.

Sexy Kat-Kashi
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
ROMEO X JULIET!!!!!!!! it's perfect! if anything her hair might be short. btw this belongs probably in the who do i look like thread.

i agree should probably be in the 'who do i look like' thread

but either way could do orihime since they discribe her hair as a red brown and not an orange as some use....or even that girl with the reddish hair from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ayuka
08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Ginny Weasley hahaha would love to see one though.

StrawberrySiren
08-11-2009, 02:43 AM
i agree should probably be in the 'who do i look like' thread

but either way could do orihime since they discribe her hair as a red brown and not an orange as some use....or even that girl with the reddish hair from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

her name's mikuru. haha i totally forgot about her, too!

ShadowYin-Yang
08-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Um...Karin from Naruto? Though she's the opposite of shy^^;

Eva Yui
08-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3. She wears normal clothes that you can modify/or make with a simple pattern. It's best if you are short on time.

See: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/art/p3-mitsuru-kirijo1.jpg

But if you're feeling creative-Amy from the Soul Calibur games works well for what she seems to like

See: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/amy-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg

Shana from Shakugen no Shana: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=563232

Garen
08-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Ranma Saotome, girl-version. Red hair in a braid, and usually wears boy's clothes. If you can get your hands on a Chinese-looking shirt, black slippers, and a pair of sweatpants, you're good.

Ranma's not exactly shy though...

Enasni
08-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I was going to say Nariko from Heavenly Sword, but her hair is LOOOONG.
Maybe Cutey Honey? Some of her outfits aren't /too/ revealing...
I agree with the female Ranma, simply because Ranma is awesome. XP

Although Misty's (Pokemon) hair is orange-ish, you can still pull of a more realistic version perhaps?