PDA

View Full Version : Talim hat (soul calibur four)

kakashilove11
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Here is a reference picture: http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/soul-calibur-iv/talim2.jpg.

I am not sure what I should use to make the top stand up straight and tall like that.

Any suggestions?

Yoshikuni
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
hmmm. maybe you could make it out of carboard then make it harder or something. but if your better at sewing then you probably should do that.:bigtu:
ps. hope it helps some

AyameChan
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
wonderflex covered in fabric?

wtsalione
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
line it with floral wire if you plan to sew. cardboard is also a good idea but doesn't hold a rounded form as well.

AuroraSC
08-24-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm using crinoline I"m sure you could use buckram too this is all for if you want to sew of course you'd cut the crinoline (stiff kind of fabric) , you could try using craft foam too but I found that a bit difficult. If you go for the crinoline option you'd have to create a pillow case for it with the white fabric. But if you also want to sew the gold trim on the hat then you have to do that before you sew the white fabric casing for the crinoline shape together.My hat looks pretty good and everything is coming together. I'm in the same boat as you here.

Kitsoru
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Foam is your friend. :toothy: