PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 - Rise

Flu
08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm currently trying to make the top for Rise (regular school uniform top) and I want to know if the top has some kind of zipper to it, or any other thing that makes it a little easier to put on. Looking at pictures of both art and cosplayers, I'm still not sure.

Or, is it just like a shirt that you slip over your head? (which, making the top out of cotton, that might be a little difficult)

Nozomi
08-11-2009, 10:46 PM
My friend has a school uniform that she had imported from Japan. It's not a Persona one, just a generic uniform, though. I don't know if it's the same for all school uniforms in that style, but it has an invisible zipper on one side that was ~5" long, and also the "V" of fabric over the breast snapped in place on one side, under the sailor collar.

Hope that helps.

magnum-desu
08-12-2009, 01:20 AM
The way I made my P4 (winter) uniform, I had the front panel sewn into place at the top, and the sides of it buttoned down, and the belt passing underneath it, between buttons. Underneath the panel, I had a zipper in upside-down, so the top stayed closed, but the bottom opened. I would unbutton the front, undo the belt, and unzip the top and then lift it over my head like a sweater to take on and off. I had enough space around the collar and the insert with the school logo that I could slip it overhead.

That probably sounded very confusing, so here's an mspaint sketch that (hopefully) gets across what I'm saying...(I'm a horrible artist...)

Flu
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
The way I made my P4 (winter) uniform, I had the front panel sewn into place at the top, and the sides of it buttoned down, and the belt passing underneath it, between buttons. Underneath the panel, I had a zipper in upside-down, so the top stayed closed, but the bottom opened. I would unbutton the front, undo the belt, and unzip the top and then lift it over my head like a sweater to take on and off. I had enough space around the collar and the insert with the school logo that I could slip it overhead.

That probably sounded very confusing, so here's an mspaint sketch that (hopefully) gets across what I'm saying...(I'm a horrible artist...)

hmm after studying the picture, I think I may try this! however!! I'm still kind of confused about the belt, does it go over or under the flap? (I looked at your Rise costume and couldnt really tell) and is there something else holding the flap down?

magnum-desu
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM
The belt goes under the flap, and the flap is held down by buttons. (Use at least four on each side. I only used three, and it didn't stay down nicely.)