PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Leon Kennedy Cosplay help

kurism
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I am making a Leon Kennedy Costume, His R.P.D uniform, and i need some help.
heres the reference picture:

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/hishottalkingontehtelexa4.jpg/#q=r.p.d%20leon

i need to know, what should i make the padding out of? its the darkest parts of his top.

thank you~

Captain Jack
08-13-2009, 11:15 PM
For that texture, try a pleather or vinyl fabric with a faux leather finish. If you find one that looks mostly right but has too much shine to it, you can tone it down using "scuff cover" for leather shoes (NOT BOOT BLACK).

In reality, those pads would probably look more like a heavy duty nylon/canvas, but in game they look like leather - odd as that is.

kurism
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
thanks so much! i love your hunk cosplay, by the way!

And if you don't mind me asking,what could i use to write "R.P.D" on the front? in a way that it will look professional and all.

MajinCrystalia
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Come on over to the RE thread.

Captain Jack
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Come on over to the RE thread.

Yes, come over to the RE thread and make the choice of staying on top of it every hour, or make a post, check on it within a few days and hope to God you remember which page it was on.

And if you don't mind me asking,what could i use to write "R.P.D" on the front? in a way that it will look professional and all.

To me the lettering looks like it was screen-printed on (which is effectively a high quality paint job) but typically white paint doesn't come through that strong without caking layers and layers of paint on it. You'll have to pick a technique that best suits whatever material you use for the padding, and preferrably try and keep it consistent with the RPD logo on the back of the shirt.

That's why I would suggest using nylon or canvas instead of pleather or vinyl. You'll be able to use the same technique to put the RPD logo on the front AND back of the shirt and know that it will look consistent. You can either paint it or use some iron-on fabric and carefully cut the shapes out.

Personally, I'd go with painting. Just take your time with it, maybe make a stencil.