PDA

View Full Version : Stiletto heel's for a tall woman?

Sesshy_InuGirl
08-14-2003, 12:12 AM
I was thinking about doing a charcter in the future that wears Stiletto heels and I am 6ft. 1in. tall woman. Do u think it would make me look to tall if I did? Thanks for any advice in advance

Karisu-sama
08-14-2003, 01:43 AM
At 6'1 you must already look tall. You would look taller. That's all.

Just curious... this question is in the "crossplay" forum because....?

Sesshy_InuGirl
08-14-2003, 04:30 AM
I am tall person who wants to crossplay a semi short person who happen to wear Stiletto heels. In fact I am one of the tallest person in my school. People In my school are Intimidate of me because I am tall. I don't want people to be like an the con I plan going to. Ok? And It is not like am asking fasion advice. I don't like current fasion. I like sandles and straigth leg jeans with reglur plain one colored t-shirts. What I really afarid of is being to tall to play the charcter or looking scarey becasue I am tall. OK??????

Karisu-sama
08-14-2003, 05:34 AM
I don't think you would look scary! ^^ Just because some people at your school are a bit scared of your height, doesn't mean people at a con (many of whom may be past high school, and even past college) would be. I don't think you should worry about your height; if the costume won't "work" without the heels, then wear them. I have several female friends your natural height, so tall women don't intimidate ME.

"Too tall"? Nah... Height differences between cosplayers and their characters happen. One of the characters I like to cosplay is about 5'0" at the most - while I'm almost 5'9. Oh well! ^^ I'll still cosplay her!

I merely wanted to know, since you posted in the crossplay forum, if this costume is actually crossplay (cosplaying a character of the opposite sex.) This was unclear from your post.

EDIT:
Some basic definitions:
Costume (verb) = to make a costume (noun) of a character.

Costumer = the person making the costume.

Cosplay (verb) = to wear a costume of a character.

Cosplayer = the person wearing the costume. (Often the same as the costumer.)

Crossplay (verb) = a subset of cosplay: to wear a costume where the character in question is of the opposite sex as the cosplayer.

Crossplayer = a girl wearing a costume of a character who is a guy, or a guy wearing a costume of a character who is a girl.

"Crossplay" has nothing to do with whether a character is actually crossDRESSING; just that the actual sex of the character is different from the actual sex of the cosplayer.