PDA

View Full Version : Avatar the last banana bender

stripedreverie
08-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I am planning on going to an upcoming convention in a banana suit with a sign that said "I go bananas for anime." Though before I do, I wanted to find out how people react to non-anime cosplays. Do people react negatively or is it acceptable? Would people enjoy it? Has anyone else done a cosplay that wasn't anime, and what was their experiance. I'd appreciate your input =)

Btw, I was also considering cosplaying as azula from avatar with her robe and crazy hair... has anyone else done this cosplay and could tell me how people reacted. My biggest worry with doing that costume is that people wouldn't recognize me because it is not very popular.

Much thanks!

doryishness
08-22-2009, 11:04 PM
I've seen people do everything and anything.

There are a few select snobs that care if you're not in anime, but the mass majority doesn't. Cosplaying is all about having fun, and if you have fun in Banana suit, go for it.

Most people love seeing original costumes, or costumes other then anime.

ShinobiXikyu
08-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Pretty much what dory said. I'd definitely get a laugh out of it. And as for not-popular cosplays, if you're from a popular series but not a popular character, you'll likely get plenty of attention- I usually do that for my cosplays, and I get well over 100 photos taken each time.

EgnirysFaye
08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
None-anime cosplays are generally well accepted. And the banana idea does sound really cute!

People have already dressed up as signs, game systems, mascots...so go for it. Originality that is done well is pretty interesting and nicely recieved.

StrawberrySiren
08-24-2009, 01:27 AM
my friend was a banana! and then he was one of the bananas in pajamas! and avatar is a quite popular series to cosplay. btw i always get worried about signs.

Eau de Decus
08-24-2009, 01:48 AM
The banana idea sounds awesome, lol. I don't think anyone would mind non-cosplayers. There are plenty at most any convention so you'd be fine. Plus, it would be hilarious.

slifupum
09-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.