PDA

View Full Version : New York City Power Outage

RuthlessJS
08-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Heh I bet half of the people who post in this forum are in NYC without power :(

I hope you guys get your power back soon :)

X Kamui
08-15-2003, 12:49 AM
me too ^_______^ (being serious) ::prays there are no attacks::

TyJILDown
08-15-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm on Long Island, Nassau County by the borderline of Queens...out power was out from 4:15 on Thursday till 7:30 today, Friday morning.

My boyfriend in the Bronx is still without power, but some of our friends on the other end of the Bronx still have power...

Misa-chan
08-15-2003, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure if our power is out, but it was out downtown yesterday....

bell of yrael
08-15-2003, 09:03 AM
In Nassau County right now, got our power back at around 7 a.m. All the traffic lights are still either dead or flashing red though... the lights and phones at my job nearby were still out too >_o.

RX 03
08-15-2003, 09:05 AM
We got our power back around 10:30 last night. Just in time to watch the second episode of Whose Line is it Anyway.

I missed my computer. And AC. And coldness that the refirgador gave me. and TV. o-o;;

Edit: I'm in rockland county. Damn 1010 wins (Sp?) they talked about RC the least out of the four (NJ, the city, Long Island)

Shadowlvr
08-15-2003, 01:19 PM
I didnt get power all night untill 8 30 AM i almost dies without any electricity it was so dark i couldent see my hand infront of my face *good idea having a flashlight* man did it suck! then there was no air conditioning >.<# and it was really hot wow i didnt fall asleep untill 4 o clock i the morning calling people with my cell phone.

PS. i live in michigan close to the borderline of Ohio. Some parts of michigan are so bad u cant flush your toilet *shudders*! hehe im in the country tho so i have clean water and i can flush the toilet all i want *flushes toilet* WHOO HOO

Lunagrl
08-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I just got my power back!!! Down town just got it! I really didn't mind the no power.. Seeing the streets totally dark and people walking around with flashlights on the streets just so you could see them. I liked that... But what I didn't like lol.. My building lost water pressure after a period of time! So at that point around midnight I wanted the blackout over. Can't say it wasn't an experience... I can bore my grandchildren with stories of the BlackOut OF 2003!! LOL!

RX 03
08-15-2003, 03:40 PM
XD Ah yes.. Telling the offsprings about the "BLACKOUT OF 2003"

Nothing wrong with a little exageration...

"Oh wait sonny! In 2003, when I was just a teenager we had a huge~ blackout! Why we didn't have power for weeks! And all the people were looting but oh-ho! You're Grandpa was fighting off the looters and Zombies off by the minute! And then the Eifel Tower fell down! Oh! And then I was wanted for $$60,000,00! And there we're insurance girls running after me? Huh? What'was your old gramps talking about again?"

XD

ChiiProductions
08-16-2003, 01:31 AM
*cries* i didn't get power till 630 pm ... when it came back i almost killed myself running to the computer ^_^;;

>.< had to wait 30 mintues to get into rite aid >.<
Then the power comes back.. no need for candles now... :sulk:

xKaori
08-16-2003, 02:17 AM
8:30 am power comes back on. Yay.. Downside, my DTV only had crappy channels I never knew that exisited.

"Back in the Blackout of 2003, I went out in the street since everyone was partying. You should do the same if this happens to you."

Just thinking what I should tell grandchildren in the future. LOL

Chiri
08-16-2003, 06:58 AM
At the time, I was working and the entire movie theater shut itself down, the projectors burned holes in the films, which really sucked...and the people in the movies started to get reaaaaally angry at us and we had to kick them out (but give them refunds so they wouldn't bite our heads off >_>)

yadda yadda yadda...

then we sat around in the dark, ate stale popcorn, and drank water from the still-working water fountains...LOL

Over here in Long Island (SH), I didn't get power back until 2:30 AM o_O

-chiri

Wolfwood6
08-16-2003, 08:09 AM
heh, just think 9 months from now theres gonna be a massive baby boom ^_^

Chiri
08-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Ah, Jesus -_- Well, hopefully I will not contribute ^_^.

TheAnarCHris
08-16-2003, 01:56 PM
And what did Starwind do?

Went swimming, got drunk, woke up, power was back on.

This is why being a member of eWs owns

BondagePenguin
08-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Keep in mind though that anywhere we went it was up hill both ways back in the blackout of 2003...even though I hosted a spontaneus BBQ party thingy...