PDA

View Full Version : Another new convention: Fresno Anime Con 2003

rogue2999
10-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Just thought that I would get this onto the message board about my convention. The Fresno Anime Con 2003 (FAC 03) If anyone happens to be interested in it just go to the web site located at: http://www.geocities.com/fresnoanimecon2003/ I have already started letting people know about this con at the Ani-Magic This weekend when I was down there, I'm also planning on letting others at other cons know as well. Please sign up on the web site, when you can. I will talk more about this at a later time.

Felix Sanchez
President (Con Chair)
Fresno Anime Con 2003

Keurblitz
10-06-2002, 07:33 PM
ah... cali again!!! crap... the many reasons why I dun like the east cost.

Cassandra
10-06-2002, 08:04 PM
You're still going through with this? :confused:
I thought you had decided to postpone.

Babbit_Chan
10-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Wow, another CA con... Works for me ^^

rogue2999
10-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Well when it comes to the postponing, it all depends on the money for that part. I've also had a crash course when it comes to how one of these works and it looks to me like I know that it can be pulled off.

Cassandra
10-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Well, I speak from experience. Less than a year isn't nearly enough time to pull it together. And unless you have at least part of the money in your hand right now, I would still vote on the "you should postpone" side.

rogue2999
10-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Well depending on how something turns out that I'm looking into right now does. Everything should still work out. If we have to post pone, then we will, but still It's a goal that I would like to shoot for at least.

Felix

SohjiroX
10-07-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm in just need to know the date and such.

rogue2999
10-07-2002, 05:29 PM
When it comes to the dates, right now they happen to be on tenative, meaning that the con might be on August 8th - 10th of next year.

Felix

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Hell, that's less that a year away but enough time to prepare. I'm down with this and it's going to be 4 days after my b-day! Well, go for it dude and don't let detractors stop your dream! ^_^

Cassandra
10-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by RyuHayabusaDOA2
Hell, that's less that a year away but enough time to prepare. I'm down with this and it's going to be 4 days after my b-day! Well, go for it dude and don't let detractors stop your dream! ^_^

I'm not meaning to sound like a detractor or anything, but this is the same guy who (on a mailing list we're both on) was talking about some major personal problems (which I won't go into here) which he should be focusing on instead of a convention. A lot people have told him that he should put the con aside for awhile....

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Cassandra:
Well, It's his choice. and I didn't know that. I'm new here. The other thing is of what I have learned, that if people like him are going to do it no matter how many times you try to reason with him/her. If he wants to do it, well, he's going to do it, no matter what everybody thinks. That's his decision and his alone. ^_^

Cassandra
10-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but he needs to make that decision before he signs any contracts. Had I signed the contract for the KosaiKon site, I stood quite a good chance of putting myself over $20,000 in debt if a certain number of people didn't show up. Or if my funding would have fallen through before the date. Or if I had to cancel or postpone for any reason.

(And considering on the website, there's a whole 3 people on staff, the con is still in the pre-planning stage.....less than a year's time isn't nearly enough to put it together. But I'll stop here and let him learn the hard way.)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Cassandra:
Yeah..everybody learns the hard way when they become stubborn. Heck, it has happened to me too. :P

rogue2999
10-08-2002, 11:18 AM
(And considering on the website, there's a whole 3 people on staff, the con is still in the pre-planning stage.....less than a year's time isn't nearly enough to put it together. But I'll stop here and let him learn the hard way.)

Actually thanks to the poll that I had placed on the group, there is actually a veritual committee being set up right now for those that would like to offer help when it comes to the con.

I'm making sure I do the immpossible and get this con running by that time, no matter what I'm also looking into seeing about San Joaquin Valley's anime clubs and finding out who would like to join it as well. Hey after all one can't get too much help when it comes to this.

Felix

rogue2999
10-08-2002, 11:23 AM
And for those interested in everything that's going on when it comes to the Fresno Anime Con (FAC) I've got three addresses that one could look at:

http://www.geocities.com/fresnoanimecon2003/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fresno_Anime_Con/
and
http://pub8.ezboard.com/bfresnoanimecon

However the last one there is still being worked on since we don't have the credit card to be able to set it up right. But if you would like to help go to either the second or third one and check them out. The first one is the Con's web site. Which will be changed next year dropping the number if the first con is successful.

Felix

rogue2999
10-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Hi all,

Well so far nothing:( when it comes to finding other non school type anime clubs in the central valley at all. :D But hey I'm optimistict about it. Besides a lot more people are finding out about the con and trying to sign on when it comes to the committee end of the whole thing, let's see what turns up in the end.

Felix

Michi
10-12-2002, 04:17 PM
I have a feeling this con is gonna be really close to Otakon... oy vey. I would love to attend both, but. Moo.

rogue2999
10-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Well if you've got the money for the plane fare then go right ahead and sign up for both, other wise personally I'm going to be saving up all of my money for different things, running this con for one and going to other in state cons for two (I live in California which means that I'm going to be taking the Train to all of the cons in state.)

Felix

rogue2999
10-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Well since no one has registered at all, it looks like we've been defeated before we even started in the first place. I mean I was planning on going before the Fresno City Councel for help about this, but now I'm starting to wonder as why since we don't have the registration to back up anything at all. It's now starting to feel like a loosing battle here. And I was only doing this for the people not for myself like everyone kept thinking.

Felix

Miaka No Baka
10-17-2002, 04:44 AM
Felix: dont dispair. It just wasn't the right time for it to happen. I have an idea. A group of us in modesto are planning to throw a con, why not combine forces and together we can throw an even bigger and perhaps better event. We're calling our convention Kon-nichiwa. We're looking to hold it perhaps later part of 2003 if not 2004 using modesto's centre plaza and the attached double tree hotel. We're in the process of seeking sponsorship from ADV, Bandai, and Pioneer. The rates for the centre plaza are VERY cheap, even cheaper if we get non-profit status from the gov't which is what our next step to do is. I've been talking to the centre plaza and double tree staff and they seem more than willing to help us pull of this event. We can join forces and bring an anime con to the central valley. Modesto is after all an hour or less away from fresno I'm sure fresno anime fans wouldn't mind the short drive.

Miaka no Baka

Chas
10-28-2002, 11:29 PM
Yeah, don't give up so quickly! I mean, I saw you at Ani-Magic and I was really psyched about this con! I live 20 minutes away from Fresno, it's a dream compared to the 31/2 hours I spend to get to Lancaster, or the 2 hours to get to Santa Clara! I would try to publicize this con a LOT more, dude. (it'd certainley help if Anipike wouldn't be so dumb about their con listings) and I'm sure people will register! I'd love to register right now, but I have two cons that come before FresnoAnimeCon, so I mean, I need to reigister for those first, plus your pre-reg doesn't cut off until June/July. That gives us a LOT of time, so we figure that we can pre-reg in like March or May and be cool. I mean, you just gotta understand that. I've been looking forward to the idea of a Fresno Con, and I hope that you don't give up all hope just yet.

And as for Kon-Ichiwa, GO FOR IT! ^_^ I even have a free place to stay in Modesto. ::Griiiin:: Aaah, Central Valley Anime Cons would make my life a lot easier.....

Ja for now!

~Chas

Aoshi Shinomori
10-29-2002, 03:06 AM
Hey dude Kon-nichiwa is close to home and it will be fun.

Nadeshiko
10-30-2002, 06:28 PM
Wah! Hope I can make this one! *crosses fingers*

Yay! It's on my brithday weekend, too! XD

rogue2999
02-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Well people quite a few things have changed since I last posted here. I may not be the pres of this con for very much longer. We've changed the name of the con to Pacific Anime Con now, however because of a ton of mess ups that I had done before. This con had been looked down on. I'm hoping to be able to change that, but one never knows.

Felix

Zechs99
02-27-2003, 01:09 PM
If I were you I wouldn't post my "ups and downs" so much....it's depressing. From your own words, you make it sound like your own con isn't going to happen....and if that's the way the organizer feels about it...I doubt if any con-goers will be interested....so I'd stay hush hush for a while until you get everything straightened out....

Zechs99
03-20-2003, 03:12 AM
haven't heard anything in a long time....either there's a lot of stuff going on....or the Fresno Anime Con/Pacific Anime Con/Cosplay Fusion 04/Whatever "boat" has sank!!! Might as well have called it "Titanic-Con"

rogue2999
03-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Actually most of what happens isn't posted here, it's actually posted at the group message board instead, and there is quite a few things that are going on right now too.

Felix

Cassandra
03-20-2003, 11:25 AM
None of the links you gave before are working anymore....did you change them?

rogue2999
03-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Here's the only link that works now:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cosplay_Fusion_04/

This is the place where all of the messages for the con are posted. As for the web site that was taken down so that everything could be worked out better.

Felix

Cassandra
03-20-2003, 11:37 AM
:confused: The messages aren't archived there....so the only way you can read the messages is to sign up to get the messages sent to your email.

So....ummm....k...

rogue2999
03-20-2003, 11:39 AM
actually there have been a bit of problems as of late, so the board is shut down for now, sorry about that.

Felix

Zechs99
03-20-2003, 03:29 PM
so, when will the board be back up again? when the anime world comes up with a sudden case of amnesia?

rogue2999
03-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Actually no, the board will be back up next month. Right now we're waiting for something to go through. We actually are working on the contract for the hotel that the event will be taking place in. As for the message board like I said, we're going to wait till next month on that.

Felix

Zechs99
03-20-2003, 10:22 PM
it's going to take a lot longer than a month to clean up this mess.....

rogue2999
03-21-2003, 10:37 AM
I know and right now, we're working on the hotel for the con.

Felix

Zechs99
03-21-2003, 05:46 PM
maybe you should plan on Cosplay Fusion 2k5, or maybe 2010???

rogue2999
03-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Actually right now, all further messages are going to be down till further notice. It's not something that anyone else did, it's actually internal right now, and I would rather not like to go into details about it. Let's just say that you won't be hearing from me or anyone else from this for a little while. And if anyone is wondering, anything that was said on the board, I'm sorry about what was said, I was in class at the time that everything was said so I couldn't get to the board in time to deal with it.

Felix

Zechs99
03-22-2003, 08:15 PM
it's a mailing list, you couldn't wait to post??? or is it you weren't able to censor people in time....but instead opted to shut it down after all that shiznit happened?? that still doesn't fix your "Cosplay CON Fusion"

takashi_honda
03-22-2003, 11:36 PM
I have heard some bad things about this event. :(

Zechs99
03-23-2003, 02:51 AM
honda I doubt if this event will even happen....

Zechs99
03-23-2003, 03:21 AM
I meant to say....I doubt if this event will EVER happen....due to lack of leadership, bad publicity, weak and emotional staff, etc. etc. etc.

rogue2999
03-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Can I ask why in the world you have been against this from the start. I mean others have been able to understand what's going on, but you have been downing us ever since this had started in the first place back when it was still call Fresno Anime Con. Why have you been against this???

Zechs99
03-23-2003, 10:00 PM
check your email...

Zechs99
03-23-2003, 10:30 PM
and grab some coffee....it'll take a while to read....

Zechs99
03-26-2003, 12:02 AM
hey Felix! What did you think of my letter???

rogue2999
03-26-2003, 10:37 AM
I have been advised to shut up on all forums concerning this, so shutting up.

Felix

Cassandra
03-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Zechs99

Why do you feel the need to attack someone on a forum? Wouldn't that be better accomplished through email or PMs?

Zechs99
03-26-2003, 03:23 PM
it has been accomplished through email, Cassandra...besides, I was defending a friend

Cassandra
03-26-2003, 04:34 PM
it has been accomplished through email, Cassandra...besides, I was defending a friend

But then you come on here basically wanting start something with Felix.

should be been in email or PMs ....not on the board. Defending a friend or not, that was just rude.

Zechs99
03-26-2003, 06:14 PM
I sent Felix an email, which he didn't respond to, so I figured I could get his attention on the board....besides, if you knew the whole story....Felix brought this on himself....

Cassandra
03-26-2003, 06:19 PM
I sent Felix an email, which he didn't respond to, so I figured I could get his attention on the board....besides, if you knew the whole story....Felix brought this on himself....

I've been following the story for a very long time. Felix knows this. That still doesn't give you the right to try to make him look foolish on a message board that isn't related to the actual event.

Zechs99
03-27-2003, 12:46 AM
this board isn't related to the event??? even though it bears the original title of his event??? "Another new convention" has nothing to do with a convention?? explain...

Cassandra
03-27-2003, 09:03 AM
this board isn't related to the event??? even though it bears the original title of his event??? "Another new convention" has nothing to do with a convention?? explain...

This is a thread, not a board, first off. And while the thread was intended to advertise the convention, I'm pretty positive it was not intended for people to attack the staff members. If you wish to do that, go to a Fresno Anime Con (or whatever the title has changed to) board and attack them there. (I believe their ezboard forum is still running.)
There are appropriate places for what you are doing. This is not one of them.

*points at the URL* I see cosplay.com, not fresnoanimecon.com

Zechs99
03-27-2003, 04:01 PM
"I've been following the story for a very long time. Felix knows this. That still doesn't give you the right to try to make him look foolish on a message board that isn't related to the actual event."

First, this is a message board, now it isn't? Or is it a thread on a message board? All semantics...Anyways, the Fresno Anime Con/Pacific Anime Con/Cosplay Fusion 04 message board has been disabled because Mr. Sanchez is afraid of some criticism. He dove into something without knowing what to expect, and when more experienced people gave him a reality check, rather than taking the advice, he shut down his board so that way no one could say he is doing something wrong. Felix, do something wrong, that's not possible, is it??? (Can you sense the sarcasm??)

Zechs99
03-27-2003, 04:02 PM
why bother....I'm done with this....it's been fun!!

Cassandra
03-27-2003, 04:08 PM
"I've been following the story for a very long time. Felix knows this. That still doesn't give you the right to try to make him look foolish on a message board that isn't related to the actual event."

First, this is a message board, now it isn't? Or is it a thread on a message board? All semantics...Anyways, the Fresno Anime Con/Pacific Anime Con/Cosplay Fusion 04 message board has been disabled because Mr. Sanchez is afraid of some criticism. He dove into something without knowing what to expect, and when more experienced people gave him a reality check, rather than taking the advice, he shut down his board so that way no one could say he is doing something wrong. Felix, do something wrong, that's not possible, is it??? (Can you sense the sarcasm??)

A message board is the entire forums.cosplay.com site. A thread is what we are posting in right now titled "Another New Convention: Fresno Anime Con 2003"
My point is, there is no reason for you to be flaming him in public. If you feel the need to flame him publicly, you can go get your own ezboard (it's FREE) or start a webpage about it. This is not the appropriate place for it.

Zechs99
03-28-2003, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, Ms. Manners....

Zechs99
04-01-2003, 01:23 PM
well....this thread is dead....and so is the Fresno Anime Con/Pacific Anime Con/Cosplay Fusion whatever....

Rosiel
04-01-2003, 02:18 PM
> Thanks for the tip, Ms. Manners....

Well, consider this an official warning from a mod about YOUR manners. Another one and you'll have to explain yourself to Admin.

This board is not for personal squabbles. Keep this private.

This thread is locked.