PDA

View Full Version : The Great Cosplay Exchange

Saeru
08-14-2003, 10:21 PM
This is something that I have been thinking about for a while. Since Acen is my "hometown" con, it seemed appropriate to suggest it here, especially since it is just large enough to have a lot of people, but still small enough that you can recognise them.

ANYHOW...to the topic.
The Great cosplay exchange.

A place where you can get together and look at other people's costumes, be constructive on commenting about them...find someone thats about your size and... *gasp* try trading cosplays with them for a little while.

I think it'd be a lot of fun, and a good way to see the con from a completely different perspective. Now yes, there are a lot of logistics and things that could go wrong, but...
maybe if we keep it small at first and just try it out, we could all learn a lot about what its like to be in someone else's shoes.

CuteButDeadly
08-14-2003, 11:06 PM
I've thought about something like this cuz I've got to many costumes to wear myself in one weeked.

RedPikachu
08-15-2003, 10:32 AM
you mean like a critique?

Yui
08-15-2003, 10:09 PM
I think Saeru and I just got a high at Otakon cosplaying while watching -other- people use our other cosplays around us at the same time.

You know it's bad when one body & one costume is no longer enough to satisfy you!

ZiggyB
08-16-2003, 12:44 AM
Yui: Didn't we talk about this when we got stranded at Katsucon? Or was there some sort of lottery involved too, I'm blanking now... :)

Yui
08-21-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm pretty sure the snowed in at Katsu idea was to make a new, super costume out of various pieces of everyone's regular costume...like a mega-cosplay!
Too bad everyone was poisoned, frozen or half-dead on Monday. It would have been fun.

Ayaka
08-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah, the Katsu idea was kind of a "costume melting pot"/cosplay contest. :3

But hey, I'd be up for this idea, not that I have anything real exciting to give to someone to wear, lol. (Yet, I'll work on it!)

Menchi
08-23-2003, 04:26 PM
heh i ahve loaned costumes out befor ena such its kinda kewl to see other ppl happy to cosplay in stuff you made i think ^^ . but i spose if i knew ppl well enough would loan out costumes even though i hav emy doubts about ppl wantin to borrow my costumes.

TheLoneWolf
09-21-2003, 05:01 PM
For anyhoo cares top borrow any of my costumes.....ask, be niec to it, and it's yours! (well....for the con,anyway ^^)

ParnsAngel
09-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Weee! Can I try on your asspants, Tsume?
XD!!!!

TheLoneWolf
09-23-2003, 09:28 PM
XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only if you'll let me try yours! ~.^