PDA

View Full Version : What I'm starting to love about cons...

Iori E
10-06-2002, 07:49 PM
The feeling you get when you meet Internet friends in person for the first time. Or meet even people you already met, but you get to know them better.

Like you! I remember you! And you! And you! And... you! And... I'm sorry, who were you again? Oh! That was you?! You were so awesome! Yeah, I remember you! And I met you! And you! Hey, I saw you at that other con! And I met you, too! And... ummm, sorry, don't seem to remember you. But I met you! And you! And you!

This is so cool.

Ani-Magic was a blast!

aeva
10-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Yesh, I defaintely agree. XD I went on this mad search for my oekaki board buddy.... I never found her, but I COULD have. ^^:;;; For me, its kind of the other way around... I meet the most awesome people at cons and keep in close contact with a select few. ^.~

krystal1314
10-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Oh yes yes indeed ^^ I love meeting my new people at cons too! My buddy list doubled after AXNY, lol!

aeva
10-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by krystal1314
Oh yes yes indeed ^^ I love meeting my new people at cons too! My buddy list doubled after AXNY, lol!

Me too!! XD In fact, someone I met at AXNY is my homecoming date. ^^;;;;; And last week,a bout 5 of my buddies from the con went to NYC to see Sprited Away and play DDR... it was much fun. ^^

Iori E
10-07-2002, 12:48 AM
Ummm... I kinda meant this to be Ani-Magic specific, but... okay. ^^;

I'm glad to have met Kamui Motoaki, Nietsche, Saru, Kenshin Ken, Aoshi Shinomori, and Mei Lan Chang for the first time. And Melanie, too... I forgot your screen name, but I know you exist. Hi! And anyone else I forgot.

I did learn one thing in this con: Always fear Will when he's next to a container holding any kind of liquid. :P

Rosiel
10-07-2002, 10:05 AM
> you meet Internet friends in person for the first time.

(Ok answering this generally)

I guess my opinion is a little different. Meeting online friends is great, but there can be incredible discomfort when people who barely talked to me maybe once or twice online (like, say, on this forum) suddenly go up to me at a con, start chatting up a storm, and (here is the problem) do not introduce themselves and expect me to know who they are. X___X

They seem to forget I am not omniscient. ;___;

Kitty
10-07-2002, 12:02 PM
LOL You better watch out for will and Shaun doing Kung- fu with that uhh....heh heh ....long stick of yours lol. Even kitty had some fun playin with it^_^

Iori E
10-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah, people loved my long stick. And my balls... er... beads...
I probably killed that whole inside joke a long time ago. :P

Will and Shaun were going crazy over hacky-sack! And they wouldn't listen to me! I told them not to play near the pool, and what happened? It fell in the pool. I told them not to play near the roof, and what happened? It got on the roof. It's insanity, I tell you! :o

deathxangel
10-07-2002, 04:40 PM
<--- my screen name

can't remeber if i ran of with stick or not... *thinks hard* yup i did run of with the stick. it was fun fun fun.... i almost whacked iori e with his own stick. hahahahahaha

deathxangel
10-07-2002, 04:41 PM
stupid me. ha ha ha. forgot to tell you who i am. it's Melany!!!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!!! *sings and dances*

Iori E
10-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Saru! Thanks for making me dinner! And Will, too! Even if some of it was dirty tap water... :P

Hi, Melany. I knew your screenname had "Death" and "Angel" in it somewhere... ^_^;

Rey-Rey
10-07-2002, 08:13 PM
http://liquid2k.com/rey-rey/bulldog.gif

Mei Lan Chang
10-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by deathxangel
stupid me. ha ha ha. forgot to tell you who i am. it's Melany!!!!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!!! *sings and dances*

Melany! Hi there. It's meeee, Pheobe! I loved ALL of your costumes. I hope to see you at another con sometime!

Kenshin Ken
10-08-2002, 03:17 AM
Ahoy Melony! it's me K enny! ^^v sorry that I didn't recognize you one that one time ^^;; but it's been so long!! *Hug* missed ya !! ^^

Nietsche
10-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Ah you are most welcome IoriE!
It was a pleasure to have been on your back!
Yes 'tis I the fabled English Muffin known to all as Dez!

I did learn one thing in this con: Always fear Will when he's next to a container holding any kind of liquid. :P

Ah yes...a memorable moment when he goes to clean his gunblade in the pool and manages to drop it...then comedically try to rescue it from the poolish depths as it drifted hither and thither (he was lucky it floated)

Oh and he's quite apt at Stealthy Ninja Beef jerky snatching too!

Lilli
10-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Heheheee, floor jerky. Floor jerky.

I still wish I had my camera, it was quite comedic.
Will/Squall: "._. *running comically around the pool with a giant metal stick, looking all the world like he was about to do a pole-vault into the pool*"

WE ALL MISS OUR ENGLISH MUFFIN!! *starts a campaign to relocate mister Nietsche to the states*

Mei Lan Chang
10-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche

Yes 'tis I the fabled English Muffin known to all as Dez!

And it had been confirmed. Dez is NOT a girl's name. At least not in this case.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Hey Melany.. remember me? I like your Chocobo costume and your new kimono. I'm glad i got to see you agan.. hope to see u again soon.

Lilli
10-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Somichiiiii!! Next time, I'll have to put you on a leash! I hardly got to see you at all!! *sniffles!*

Kamui Motoaki
10-08-2002, 07:58 PM
Bahahahahaahah yea. ..
i had a great time. . .
sorry to keep you up Somi. ..
when i was wandering around the con late late late at night. .
i fell asleep on one of those benchs near the lobby. . .
i dunno how long i slept but some guy woke me up and i started walkint to my room. .and he mumbled something about "sliting my thoat. . "
then i realized after i made it to my room that he said. .
"you shouldn't sleep out here. .someone might slit your throat" then i curled up in a ball in the corner of the room and slept for 3 hours. . .hehehhahhahaha . . .this con rocked. . ^_~

L to the 3rd
10-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Ah yes...a memorable moment when he goes to clean his gunblade in the pool and manages to drop it...then comedically try to rescue it from the poolish depths as it drifted hither and thither (he was lucky it floated)

Oh and he's quite apt at Stealthy Ninja Beef jerky snatching too!

ROFLMAO.. i saw that..and it was soo ghetto how Will
had to run behind the panelist to grab the very long pole
to fish out his gunblade. Everyone at the panel, slowly turned
around to watch Will fish for it.

BabySnowLeopard
10-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Hrm... I don't think I met many ppl.... mostly just went to hang out with my friends ^_____^ yay! yay! Oooo I did finally meet Flo tho! And... Will! You were the nice guy who helped us carry our weapons to the green room, ne? ^_____^ Hiya! And ummm... Ziggy B? Sorry I don't remember your name ^_^''' but it was cool talking to ya!

~Kie

ai no hoshi
10-08-2002, 09:07 PM
i'll change the subject real quick...

if no one else has guessed them yet, i will

is it from Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai?<sp?>

*hee hee*

Kamui Motoaki
10-08-2002, 09:07 PM
no prob with the carry of weapons. ."baby neko twins. ." ye and ki?" err. . am i gettting this mixed up?
but yea. .
next time. .imma try to pole vault accross the pool. .you wait till next year. ..^_~

ZiggyB
10-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BabySnowLeopard
And ummm... Ziggy B? Sorry I don't remember your name ^_^''' but it was cool talking to ya!

Hi there! :D It's Oscar. Can I just say again how much I loved your Soul Caliber costumes. Both Taki and Sophitia. Where you the Sophitia I was talking with after the masq?

Hmm, after thinking about it I think I realize why I didn't remember the character names when I was talking to you and your sister. I got a bit o fanboy-itise. I took some antibotics and it's all cleared up now. :>

Great costumes and congrats on winning the best group award. :D

BabySnowLeopard
10-08-2002, 10:00 PM
LOL! Yie and Kie... Aeris is so silly XDDDDD

Ooohhh Oscar? An uncommon name... no wonder I didn't remember it X_x Seung Mina! Seung Mina Seung Mina! I was Seung Mina. *lol* Sophitia was Ashley. Ahhhhh thank you! I just hope the costumes can be even *better* when they're done ^_^

~Kie

ZiggyB
10-09-2002, 03:36 AM
Kie: Ahhh hello. Again. :) Actually now that think about it, I don't think I actually introduced myself. Again, I blame it on fanboyitise. :)

Hi I'm Oscar, and I'm a... cosplayer. Hehe.

Yah, I talked to Ashley too. She's such a wonderful Yuna and I loved her Oh My Goddess costume at AX.

Finished? It's not? Or do you just mean you're waiting for your staff to actually dry before going on stage with it? :)

Aya Mizu
10-09-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
no prob with the carry of weapons. ."baby neko twins. ." ye and ki?" err. . am i gettting this mixed up?
but yea. .
next time. .imma try to pole vault accross the pool. .you wait till next year. ..^_~

Aww poor guy ^^;;; Hopefully the gunblad was okay after all?

L to the 3rd
10-09-2002, 03:39 AM
Hey Ziggy/Oscar.. maybe you should
cosplay as a ''academy award/oscar'' too!

it looks pretty similar to your shinny
silver suit..except gold and without the
attenae

BabySnowLeopard
10-09-2002, 04:30 AM
ROFL @ Chrissy OMGGGGGG XD

Oh hmm... come to think of it... I don't think you *did* ever tell me your name LOL!! Nooooo my staff was dry XD just barely. But the costume is soooo far from done! lol!

~Kie

Nietsche
10-09-2002, 09:24 AM
Ai no Hoshi-is it from Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai?<sp?>

-Argh-correct! And I only put it up that day! >.<

I hope people aren't cheating! anyway hear those lyrics one more time-

onishibari no mi ga akakunatta
kanarina kibun wo sashihasande miru
umaretakute kita mi janai kara
shinitakunakutemo shinundarou toka
satorikitta furi de
ikitemiru, iijanai
hito no yo wa itsumo senbiki ga kitsui kara
matomoni ikeba kizudarake
kizu wo namename ikoukana
oni wo su ni shite kuusa

Yup it is 'treat or Goblin' from Megumi Hayashibara

I'm gonna have to put up a fiendish one soon if this keeps up!

Back to topic then-
Hehe...
ROFLMAO.. i saw that..and it was soo ghetto how Will had to run behind the panelist to grab the very long pole to fish out his gunblade. Everyone at the panel, slowly turned around to watch Will fish for it.

It was funny when the announcer started to wonder what was going on!

I can't believe anyone would sleep on those benches..it was way too cold for sleepings outside

And Ziggy/Oscar! You were marvellous too!

ZiggyB
10-09-2002, 04:39 PM
L to the 3rd: Hahah, that's hilarious. :) The sad thing is my friend was talking about the proper face makeup, the sword and the little stand. :P Thankfully I don't think there would be an approprate place to wear such a costume. I'm saved! :D

Maybe that'll be my punishment for confusing Kie's costume for the 3rd time.

"Ok that was Seung Mina not Sophetia, time for the gold unitard and get on the stand. You get to stand there at the awards ceremony for 6 hours." :P

Kei: Well I couldn't tell, it was just too cool. :) Where are you planning to wear it again?

Nietsche: Woohoo, glad you had a safe trip back. It was great meeting you in person.

BabySnowLeopard
10-10-2002, 04:40 PM
lol!

Mmmm... Fanime is my next con I guess *_* wow....

~Kie

Kamui Motoaki
10-10-2002, 04:49 PM
heheha.a. . .meh. .i love the cold weather. .so i slept hella lot better on those benches than cramped in the corner.. . lol. .
Lilli! i'm quite amazed you didn't notice me snatching ya jerky! lol. .thanks ^_^ hehehahah

I so love this con. .^_^

Nietsche
10-10-2002, 05:56 PM
I was quite amazed at Lilli's unawareness too actually..or maybe it was just my own keen ninja senses that warned me that something was afoot......none shall evade my senses, especially if it concerns JERKY!!!

ZiggyB
10-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Kie: Cool, I'll see you there. I'm already preregistered for that con. I think last year's Fanime is what gave me the bug to start doing cosplay and start watching anime stuff again.

Nietsche: Oh god, not the jerky again. :) I can still see Will sneaking around stealing the Jerky and invoking the 10 second rule. XO

L to the 3rd
10-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Ziggy can given away as the academy award for ''best in show'' for the next masquerade! LOL!!!!!

Nietsche
10-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Ziggy can given away as the academy award for ''best in show'' for the next masquerade! LOL!!!!!

Hey why not, for something like the best performance bwahahaha!

Or at least have him presenting the awards/trphies in his Oscar outfit! mehhehe!

Iori E
10-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Dang, I'm suffering from con withdrawal.
Since school started for me last week, I was rather enjoying school that time, because I knew I'd be at Ani-Magic by the end of the week. And now, at the end of this week... nothing. I'm starting to dislike school now, and the real world in general.

I miss all you people already! Even if you don't remember me! ^_^;

Kamui Motoaki
10-10-2002, 11:50 PM
i'm going through con withdrawel too. . .
but it will all be solved tommorow. .when i'm at anime USA ^_^

Iori E
10-10-2002, 11:58 PM
D00d, two cons within one week? You don't think you need some rest time in-between? o_O

Kamui Motoaki
10-10-2002, 11:59 PM
there was 4 days where i rested ne? ^_^

ZiggyB
10-11-2002, 04:59 PM
L to the 3rd/Nietsche: Haha, I didn't think I was that easy to get rid of. :)

Nietsche
10-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Bwahahaha! It just occurred to me...if Oscar's Zack outfit had a huge leaf stuck to his antenna..he could be a silver Pikmin!!!

Iori E
10-11-2002, 05:37 PM
I don't know about you, but I sleep an average of about 3 hours a night during a con.

3 hours x 6 nights 1 week = DETH 4 MEE... X_X

Iori E
10-11-2002, 05:55 PM
So that's what was in the orange juice! No wonder you insisted on letting me drink it! x_x

Will was right! (Or was it Dez?) O.J. is evil!

Nietsche
10-11-2002, 07:00 PM
No no you got it all wrong..OJ makes me evil!
Roughly one glass will make me evil for one day!

:schitzo:

OJ itself is a good wholesome drink that will lend you a good amount of vitamin C but may give some consumers stomach cramp....

ZiggyB
10-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche
Bwahahaha! It just occurred to me...if Oscar's Zack outfit had a huge leaf stuck to his antenna..he could be a silver Pikmin!!!

ROTFL wow I didn't even think about that one! :) One of my alternate ideas for the suit was the guy from Space Channel 5. The guy with the guitar? Him or Space Michael. :D