PDA

View Full Version : The Countdown!

DespairedPheonix
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, it's that time! 30 days left to NYAF!!!!

What does everyone have left to do?!

For me:
I gotta get sweatpants
Gotta make my wig
Finish 2 wig commissions
perfect my make up for Kisame
Finish my sword

*mik0 muffin !
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
=D Just one month!! I'm so excited~ Weirdly enough, I actually have all my cosplays done for NYAF already. Unless I decide to actually start on my twin star Ranka lOL, but I doubt it, since I've spent enough money on cosplay already, and when I move into dorm I won't have the time nor space (but mostly space) to work on cosplay =T

Acro
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
I just need to get white collar shirt that actually fits me, tweak the red jacket, and order a wig for my Minorin cosplay~

NiGHTmaren
08-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm keeping it sane because AWA is the weekend prior, so no new costumes, as much as I wanted to get my Slayers costumes done in time. Definately wearing Nia, and possibly bringing Sakura Kinomoto along.

Moonsong
08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Woo! I can't believe there's only 30 days left! It feels like last year's con was just a little while ago. o_o

For me, I'm waiting for my wig for Konan to come (just ordered it today), and once it does I'm going to head out to Micheal's and buy the supplies I need to make her white rose hair decoration, and lip piercing..Once I got all that stuff, I need to style the wig, and then I should be finished. I just hope I don't need to buy anything else that I didn't expect to need, like make up or something..

MikuraHime
08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Yay! I'm so happy but I need more time! I have to reattach the roses on Madam's hat, I have to go buy another jumpsuit because I totally messed mine up, and I don't even think i'm gonna finish Meiko in time. There's so much to be done in 30 days!!!

Rainie
08-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh goodness! Not ready not ready not ready! Barely started on Aries ._. FFF

DespairedPheonix
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
indeed, 29 days now! I need to perfect my make up for Kisame, I'm having problems with it! hehehe but I will overcome it!!!!! :D

I wish everyone luck on completing everything by NYAF!!!! :)

santose2008
08-26-2009, 11:55 PM
I want to see if I can do a TF2 Scout outfit real quick without breaking the bank. I think I can pull it off. Time will tell.

iiWest
08-27-2009, 12:29 AM
AHHHHH
NOOO ;_____; as much as I want it to come there is so much that needs to be done!!

I need to start and finish the germany cosplay for the masquerade!

And hopefully I can get my Prussia done in time too! >.<

Thank GOD my sewing machine is now working for me @_@

ZFandKILover
08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
gah! Hidan is so close to being Done and i am haveing so many issues with Axel. I want to rip my hair out!

*mik0 muffin !
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Hmm..what are we up to here... is it 26 days left? =DD

Ganbatte, minna-san!

ScarletRhapsody
08-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I have one prop in the making.
I need to find knives for Chane LaForet.
I may make Misato's hat for this one, but it just depends on time.
And I have to schedule in what touristy things I want to do.

I was going to do Yuuko for NYAF, but plans fell through. I don't think I would be able to do it now.

Kirakishou7
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Eeep! XD Not readyyyyyyy, but its all little stuff and can be done with a quick run to the store.

DespairedPheonix
08-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Less than 4 weeks!!!!!

Yamia Ishtar
08-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I need to make a new hat for NiGHTS, confirm that my friend wants to do Reala and make her start it already. *faints*

Slow down time! Please!

Zouziias
08-31-2009, 12:38 AM
I still haven't gotten my stuff ready. xD Well, I got my Otakon cosplay done in a week, and this is another pretty simple cosplay. xD

santose2008
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
I almost got my TF2 Scout outfit down. All I need to do is a little here and there and I'm good to go.

DespairedPheonix
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Soooo not ready!!!! X_X;;; Need to perfect make up!!!! >.<;;

Chibi Mitsuki
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
oh man im not ready xDDD gotta fix my wig for my yoko cosplay and style my boyfriends kamina wig AHHHHH so much to do lol hard with so much working haha i'm so excited going as Yoko from TTGL and Ren from DearS and Rikku from X-2 xDDDDD

Ukara07
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Ahhh! I still have to sew on hinata's hood and clan symbol, make her pants, finish her sandals and style her wig (cut the bangs and trim the bottom)

Then I have to completely remake Sode no Shirayuki cuz the first one got into an unfixable accident and get some hair wax to style my real hair for Rukia. That also reminds me, gotta get black hair dye, mine's washing out. Also have to find my warajii...and tabi socks.

I'm so scattered right now. With my room under renovation, I have NO clue where anything is!

Moonsong
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
I know how you feel - my room is also under renovation and I'm running around like "WHERE IS MY _____?! I JUST SAW IT YESTERDAY. GDKFJDFS." xDD

*mik0 muffin !
09-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Is it....24 days now?? ^.^

I believe in you all! You CAN finish everything you need to do for NYAF!! *waves a giant "Ganbatte" flag* =D

DespairedPheonix
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Just got my sweatpants! Gotta work on my leggings now! Everything's coming along, just waiting on my wigs to arrive in the mail so I can begin working on those!

DespairedPheonix
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
*Shameless double post* So...Exactly THREE WEEKS until NYAF! So exciting!!!!

santose2008
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
NYAF will be around the corner before you know it. I mean August went and gone and I don't even know what I did for that month. I hope when NYAF comes it goes slow so I can enjoy it.

Moonsong
09-04-2009, 01:58 PM
I agree. I feel like I barely did anything!

PandaPuff
09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I have most of everything I just hope my stuff comes in the mail on time!

HimeZelda
09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Ahh I can't believe it's so close! I gotta help my boyfriend finish up the small details on his Cless. Small problems that require a whole day of effort to work on. XD At least the armor is all done. ^^

DespairedPheonix
09-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Indeed, I'm worried about my stuff coming in the mail as well. D: damn E-Bay! lol

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Bah I still have a bit to do. I hope we find out if we made it into the Masquerade really soon X_X

kojirojames2004
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
So is there going to be a Pokemon photo shoot at NYAF Saturday (9/26)? I mean the con starts in 20 days...(See how I snuck the countdown in there?)

Zouziias
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
So is there going to be a Pokemon photo shoot at NYAF Saturday (9/26)? I mean the con starts in 20 days...(See how I snuck the countdown in there?)

Oh, I hope so. I mean, I'll be in my Legend of Zelda cosplay, but I'm making two Rocket Grunt costumes for my friends. :- D My friend Anwar will totally love photoshoots. It's his first con. Aw.

darkfantasyange
09-06-2009, 02:22 AM
YAY i cant wait!! it falls on my birthday weekend im so exited plus this is my first con so i cant wait ^_^ *jumps in joy*

TheAnarCHris
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
With 20 somewhat days left, I'm still setting up panels, events and working on the variety show and other events. FML.

santose2008
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I finally got my Team Fortress 2 The Red Scout all done. So I'm ready to go since my Itachi custome was already done. Now my fingers have to heal from the needle and thread that it just went through today. Well, happy Labor day. NYAF is around the corner. YAY!

kojirojames2004
09-08-2009, 09:55 AM
"With 20 somewhat days left, I'm still setting up panels, events and working on the variety show and other events."

Make that sweet sixteen.

DespairedPheonix
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
D: so much to do, and less than 3 weeks left!!!!!

Zetchi
09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm trying to finish up some pictures for Rukia. I'm still debating if I'm going to finish Sode no Shirayuki though.

santose2008
09-09-2009, 09:11 AM
D: so much to do, and less than 3 weeks left!!!!!

It never feels like three weeks when you need something done. It feels like a week and a half then the convention just rolls right on in. I swear August just came and gone. I was like wow I need to get my cosplay going. Luckily having half of Labor Day off, I got my custom done. It was only a few things that needed to be done but I can get lazy sometimes and also work eats up my time up too. I have to work like crazy to spend like crazy when NYAF comes around. Being broke won't be fun so my sleep and free time must be sacrificed for the good of NYAF convention. :)

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 10:54 AM
It never feels like three weeks when you need something done. It feels like a week and a half then the convention just rolls right on in. I swear August just came and gone. I was like wow I need to get my cosplay going. Luckily having half of Labor Day off, I got my custom done. It was only a few things that needed to be done but I can get lazy sometimes and also work eats up my time up too. I have to work like crazy to spend like crazy when NYAF comes around. Being broke won't be fun so my sleep and free time must be sacrificed for the good of NYAF convention. :)

I agree. I totally didnt worry about ANY cosplay during august then suddenly I was like "AHHHH NYAF!!!! D:"

I literately feel like NYAF is next weekend with all the stuff I need to do! I've never been behind schedule, either, which is really bad!!!! D:<

santose2008
09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
If you have school. It doesn't make it easier to get things done as well. Life just sucks sometimes.

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I have school. DX AND work. I actually only have ONE day fully to myself a week. D':

arthoniel
09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh man... less than three weeks!! I pretty much have my cosplays done, but they're all pretty simple, or I've done them before... now I just have to bust my friends' collective ass about getting their stuff together...

O.ObsessedO.O
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
15 days! OMG!!!
I'm waiting on my wigs too.
Not to mention I've gotta raid thrift stores and fabric stores.
Grrr-ness. I hate wait til the last second! but I always do T.T

DespairedPheonix
09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Yikes! D:

DespairedPheonix
09-11-2009, 09:06 AM
exactly TWO WEEKS as of today!!!!!

santose2008
09-11-2009, 09:45 AM
15 days! OMG!!!
I'm waiting on my wigs too.
Not to mention I've gotta raid thrift stores and fabric stores.
Grrr-ness. I hate wait til the last second! but I always do T.T

Waiting to the last minute brings out the true Otaku in you to get your task done. :)

Now only if I can apply this energy to life. :rolleyes:

santose2008
09-11-2009, 09:45 AM
exactly TWO WEEKS as of today!!!!!

Spirit stop the madness!!!:woah:

PandaPuff
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I think my freaking out has kicked in somewhat. All the stuff that I ordered hasn't come in yet but most def by next week. The days are passing by quickly!

NiGHTmaren
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Things are about to get nuts for me. I have AWA the weekend prior, I'm coming back to Florida Monday then packing up for New York and flying out on Tuesday! Thankfully, no new costumes for this con so at least I don't have to worry about sewing. This will be my first NY con, I'm really looking forward to it.

Redgrave45
09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Cant wait! all i got to do is finish my sword and ill be good to go

kojirojames2004
09-12-2009, 09:24 AM
And there's a lucky 13 days left until the con starts!

santose2008
09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Next week is the big day or days. I'm excited. I hope I can find a Soul Eater Wall Scroll so the entire Soul Eater guests can sign it.

Zouziias
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
If you have school. It doesn't make it easier to get things done as well. Life just sucks sometimes.

Agreed. ):< Schoooool work.

kojirojames2004
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Eleven days.

DespairedPheonix
09-14-2009, 05:44 PM
AHHH!!! *hurries up*

Arlette
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I can't believe it's almost here! I haven't been to NYC in a decade. I'm actually a little nervous to be going back, because I'm afraid of getting lost and not being able to get to the con in time, lol. Luckily, my good friend who lives in Brooklyn and knows the city like the back of his hand will be there. ^_^

NiGHTmaren
09-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't believe it's almost here! I haven't been to NYC in a decade. I'm actually a little nervous to be going back, because I'm afraid of getting lost and not being able to get to the con in time, lol. Luckily, my good friend who lives in Brooklyn and knows the city like the back of his hand will be there. ^_^

I haven't been there in roughly the same amount of time, I was 16 or 17 last time I went...yeah...roughly ten years ago, lol. My boyfriend was born and raised in Brooklyn and we'll be staying with his family, so I'm not as intimidated as I would be. That and I'm from Philly originally, I should feel right at home in a way.

BTW, will you be doing any Slayers cosplay? I was supposed to bring Lina and have my boyfriend as Gourry, but it never got done! I'm really bummed about that.

ScarletRhapsody
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Looks like I'll have to do older costumes for this one. Nothing new, but work is catching up to me.

Arlette
09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
BTW, will you be doing any Slayers cosplay? I was supposed to bring Lina and have my boyfriend as Gourry, but it never got done! I'm really bummed about that.

Aww, bummer! Judging from your pictures I think you'd make a perfect Lina. :D

I am actually going to have some SRS BZNS Slayers cosplay at this con, as a matter of fact! A good friend of mine used my weakness against me and roped me into taking on a big project with these costumes. They are seriously the most epic thing I've ever worked on, and I kind of want to stab myself because of it. XD I won't say exactly what, but I'll just say that I'm short and my friend has big boobs. YOU BE THE JUDGE. XD

kojirojames2004
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Ten days and counting!

SakuraTheshadow
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
9 more days!!!

NiGHTmaren
09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Aww, bummer! Judging from your pictures I think you'd make a perfect Lina. :D

I am actually going to have some SRS BZNS Slayers cosplay at this con, as a matter of fact! A good friend of mine used my weakness against me and roped me into taking on a big project with these costumes. They are seriously the most epic thing I've ever worked on, and I kind of want to stab myself because of it. XD I won't say exactly what, but I'll just say that I'm short and my friend has big boobs. YOU BE THE JUDGE. XD

You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you guys will be doing Slayers. Expect me to go rabid fangirl over that. I'm a HUGE Slayers fan.

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-15-2009, 10:48 PM
I am going to shoot myself in the face. My masquerade costume is almost done, and the skit is nearing completion but it still isn't completely done. I've barely started on Yuna, plus I have a ton of work and homework this next week. Thank god she is like 10 times easier than my other costume was.

DespairedPheonix
09-16-2009, 10:16 AM
*not...enough...time...to finish...everything...* D:

santose2008
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
You guys are making this worse. I'm getting too excited. Now I have to go home and play cosplay dress up, take pictures and then go to work. I can do it under 15min.:)

Is it the 25th yet? :toothy:

*mik0 muffin !
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
xD Random cosplay dress up is so fun! I just keep making myself more exciteddddd~

Though I just realized I'm actually not completely ready. Little pieces on my Yui and Ranka are incomplete... =[ Need to finish shopping!! >.<

kojirojames2004
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Only nine days now...

DespairedPheonix
09-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Is it next week yet? I'm almost ready, just gotta pick up a headband and finish up my wig for Krad. Almost there!!!! :D

O.ObsessedO.O
09-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Lucky :/ I'm not even close to being ready. I've styled my wigs and finished the props but I still have a bunch of sewing. Sssiiiggghhh I hope I'll be ready in time. I better kick it into over drive

ZFandKILover
09-16-2009, 06:53 PM
grr....my Hidan shoes broke so i have tofix that.

kojirojames2004
09-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Eight days, everyone...get to cracking!

santose2008
09-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Is it next week yet? I'm almost ready, just gotta pick up a headband and finish up my wig for Krad. Almost there!!!! :D

I just realized that Itachi headband is black. Crap. Now I have to go to hot topic and get one. I knew I wasn't finished with everything. It's always the little things.

Zouziias
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Need to get my wig! AUUGGGHHH!! xD

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Uh-uh-waa!
I need to save my money to buy hair dye! No lunch for me tomorrow! ; _ ;
Then I need someone to help me dye it...; _ ; What do you people recomend? Dying it on Thursday night for Saturday or Friday night?

~FatalDreams~
09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't have much, some adjustments to my Sephiroth cosplay, repairing a bit of Aeon, ect.. Most of the major work I got done before I returned to college, thankfully.

DespairedPheonix
09-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Thursday night. I know it sounds strange, but dyed hair looks a lot better once it's been washed at least once after the initial dye. :) I'll be doing this as well! ^.^

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Okay, thanks~ : )

Facerape
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
NEXT WEEK :3 I hope I can end up going, me going greatly depends on if my friends sister who is a guest there with her dance group IchiP! can get us free passes to get in and my mom has to speak to my sister about it.

Check out IchiP! http://www.youtube.com/user/ichiPdansu

DespairedPheonix
09-18-2009, 01:31 AM
ONE WEEK! SEVEN DAYS!!!! So excited!

Rainie
09-18-2009, 02:00 AM
OH GOD!

I'm not ready!!!I'm not ready!!!I'm not ready!!!I'm not ready!!!I'm not ready!!!I'm not ready!!!

*spazzes* >_<

This is coming up too fast. Seems like only yesterday I was thinking "Oh it's only start of August. I have plenty of time to finish this easy costume 8D"

OH ME ._. ...

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Can somebody please literally throw me under a bus? I'll finish my masquerade costume and my skit easily, but I'm throwing Yuna together in a WEEK. Friday I'm going to look like garbage LOL

*mik0 muffin !
09-18-2009, 02:16 AM
>.< Ganbatte, minna-san!! I believe in you all! But seriously, time FLEW. ONE WEEK left?? I'm so excited...but ARGH those little pieces of my cosplays are not really done yet =.=;;

Why are 2" magenta pom-poms so hard to find xP...

And I have a ghetto, but still semi-functional mic...should I really cut off the cord just so I can make it into a cordless mic prop..? @.@

::ETA:: Omigosh...my Yui hairpiece JUST fell apart. ;-; nooo...........

Ri-KunTehFluffy
09-18-2009, 07:03 AM
DAMN IT, I wish I would have gotton a pattern for Lettie's dress over the summer! ; _ ; Well, my parents wouldn't have gotten me a wig, so maybe it's better... ' _ '
I suppose I'll be collecting my lunch money until I can buy a wig... >_< Anyone going to I-Con in April? I'm deff. being Lettie and my friend is being Female Ciel on Friday~! And Original Vocaloid Characters on Sunday! Or maybe the other way around. :D

santose2008
09-18-2009, 08:57 AM
All I can say people get a good night rest on Thursday to be ready for Friday-Sunday. Trust me, you're going to need it. I'm going to be already packed with my check list, my regular clothes(Boo) will already be laid out, get freshened up, do my hair, catch the train (Luckily it leaves late), catch a bus and then I'll be in New York on Friday. Seems like a lot but it really isn't if you do it a day before the other little stuff. I would say recharge everything before Friday, like camera, phone, PSP, IPod and all that mess. Wow...that does seem like a lot.

I'M DOOMED!!! :woah:

kojirojames2004
09-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Five days.

Ph34rPirogoeth
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Can somebody please literally throw me under a bus? I'll finish my masquerade costume and my skit easily, but I'm throwing Yuna together in a WEEK. Friday I'm going to look like garbage LOL

Your my partner so If I throw you under a bus you better sew your-self back together, cuz God knows I don't have the time!

iiWest
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM
@.@ Bahh I so vote for starting for next years NYAF the DAY after NYAF09 finishes

IntenseAllure
09-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I just dyed my hair but I'm not finished with my costume yet >.<

DespairedPheonix
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
*screams* FIVE DAYS?! oh nooooo!!!!! :'( *needs to finish wigs*

redshadows
09-20-2009, 12:06 PM
i need to finish my cosplay too >_>

ZFandKILover
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
grrr...stupid coat isnt here yet....-cries-

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Yuna's sideskirt is garbage. I just ripped it off and am remaking it xD

Zouziias
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Dying clothes to the correct colours. ): My cosplay's colours are gonna be a bit off. ):< Stupid "newbie cosplayer-ness".

Rainie
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh goodness. I don't even have my wig yet .____________.

Zetchi
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Hope everything's coming along with everyone! Crunch time is now!

Yamia Ishtar
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Finishing up my hat, and doing last minute clothes shopping for clothes that match cosplay. Yay for almost being done~

Facerape
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm so glad my Ed costume is already made and has been for years XD But it's kinda poorly made and falling apart o.o and slightly too small on me. That's what I get for borrowing my friends sister's old costume. And if I do my other costume it's all closet cosplay so I'm all good X3

Rainie
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Post 100? D=

How long does it take to get a wig here? From China? >_<

I'm more or less done with everything cept the wig ._.

Capt_Lucifer
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I've got one more wig to finish styling and Im good to go! 8D This is like the first time I'm going to be prepared so efficiently before a con haha xD

Ukara07
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I feel like we should be playing "Rocky" as wel run to the finish line lol

5 days? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH *runs around like a chicken with its head cut off*

I still have to cut Hinata's wig, sew the hood onto her jacket, widen it to FIT me, make her pants, finish her shoes...

And draw a crappy Bleach book for Rukia to tote around since Shirayuki died in my basement last week... and I gotta find my damned warajii!

santose2008
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Post 100? D=

It does take a week for something to come from china or Japan. So I hope you ordered it a week and half ago. But I think it will get to you in time if you did it in that time line. I think.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA APPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

My friend is ordering four wigs from CosWorx cuz she's going out of town for a cosplay meeting thing(and she's not taking me!) but she needs them by Thrusday and she's ordering them tomorrow. Do you think they'll get there in time?

I'm not ready yet, at all! Damn it! I need more fabric for Nel Tu and Temari!

Capt_Lucifer
09-20-2009, 10:50 PM
It might get there in time... I sometimes gets cosworx wigs VERY fast (one time i got it in two days)

O.ObsessedO.O
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
It might get there in time... I sometimes gets cosworx wigs VERY fast (one time i got it in two days)

Well I live in Pennsylvania

Yamia Ishtar
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
I've got one more wig to finish styling and Im good to go! 8D This is like the first time I'm going to be prepared so efficiently before a con haha xD
I'll be done before the con too. Yay early planning~!

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-21-2009, 01:30 AM

I live in NC and sometimes I get them in 3 days with regular shipping. I would give them a call tomorrow though, sometimes they offer faster shipping for more money I think.

Redgrave45
09-21-2009, 02:14 AM
YO one more week ^____^ I can't wait

santose2008
09-21-2009, 05:24 AM

It should take seven days max then. I also live in Pa and that's how long my packages take China or Japan. Also make sure you check the mail to see if they leave those slips that you have to get your package at your local post office. That happened to me before and one of my item went back to the buyer and I didn't even notice.

DespairedPheonix
09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
D:< FOUR DAYS!

*must...finish!!!!*

Zouziias
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM

I live in New York, and I ordered my wig last week. Last time I did that (last minute wig ordering), it came two days before I left for Otakon. It made me love CosWorx alot.

DespairedPheonix
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah. Cosworx is pretty awesome like that :)

Zetchi
09-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Post 100? D=

Depends really. Some places on ebay I buy from can get it to me the week after I order it. But I've waited for a wig up to two weeks. That's why I try to order it at least 3 weeks ahead of time in case.

IntenseAllure
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't believe it's really this week, lol. I have a ton of stuff left to do, I probably won't have my costume done in time. I'm just so busy this week.

And I don't know who I'm going with yet either XD, I think I'll make my sister tag along with me.

As for ordering something from China, I once ordered a costume that took about 2.5 weeks for them to deliver. I *think* they will rush it if you ask them to, if you pay a bit more.. as someone said.

kojirojames2004
09-22-2009, 02:59 AM
Three days until opening day...

redshadows
09-22-2009, 06:48 AM
yup 3 more days :D

santose2008
09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
AAAHHHHHH!!!!:woah::woah:

Zouziias
09-22-2009, 05:47 PM
OH MY COSTUME SUUCCCCCKKKSSS! xD Hahahaha! Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-23-2009, 02:24 AM
OH MY COSTUME SUUCCCCCKKKSSS! xD Hahahaha! Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

I feel your pain. I spent SO much time these past few months on my masquerade costume that I threw together my Friday costume in a week and it looks like garbage. LOL

What's worse is, I absolutely love Yuna, but I'm not really fond of Chobits haha.

redshadows
09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
well...now its only 2 days left :D
i'm almost ready! :D i can't wait to see everyone there >:O

santose2008
09-23-2009, 08:03 AM
As of now I have to start packing. I have to work tomorrow so I don't want to rush things when Friday comes. Friday, I just want to walk out of the door and catch the train, bus and then I'll be in New York.

DespairedPheonix
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
TWO DAYYYSSSSS almost done!!! :)

Ukara07
09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
zomg... santose you just reminded me, I gotta pack too! And this will be my first con in which I will not have my car at my disposal. So I gotta fit everything in a tiny carry-on and a tote-bag (my dad will notice an actual suitcase)

I'll probably wear Hinata on the bus just to save room in the bag.

Ugh, sew a hood, find my warajii, get a sketchbook and draw in it, make a yingyang patch and make some shoes

And I have class tomorrow from 8am-8pm. I'll probably bring stuff to school to work on in between classes lol

Facerape
09-24-2009, 12:51 AM
lol I'm prob gonna sleep on the bus, though maybe not, I get very hyper on con days XD

DespairedPheonix
09-24-2009, 02:59 AM
@Ukara: Working on stuff between classes? Story of my life!!!! XD

The con is TOMORROW everyone! Hope everyones ready! I just need to finish up my armwarmers and im done! :D

santose2008
09-24-2009, 06:04 AM
I can't take it anymore. It's finally here. I think I got everything. I will do a check list before I leave again.

XxEmo SasukexX
09-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Tomorrow is the day ! Yaaay!
I'm doing Mello tomorrow, with
my bf as Matt. Yaya~ o-o; I think
I'll be leavin on the 10-something
train. (LIRR.)

Hmm, I am debating if I should bring
a simple "switch outta" costume. Like
Kiba or something. Wahaha~ Narutard~<3
Dunno. But I'm EXCITED! XDD

Ron Jr
09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
All I have left is ironing my shirt/slacks. My Daughter needs a hair net so her blonde hair deosn't pop out of her purple wig.

Ukara07
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
*cries violently* my costume looks like shit. Hinata's jacket shows the spots where I had to seam-rip it and her hood looks like crap. Hopefully, it will look better with the shoes and wig.

AND I CAN'T FIND MY WARAJII!! I looked everywhere for them and it's liked they poofed to Narnia or something! Rukia can't be barefoot! She's too noble for that! This con's gonna blow. Just once, just once, I'd like to do a con right.

Moonsong
09-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Omagawd, two dayssss. Well, three until I get there, I'm going on Saturday, but yeah. XD

DespairedPheonix
09-24-2009, 10:19 AM
*cries violently* my costume looks like shit. Hinata's jacket shows the spots where I had to seam-rip it and her hood looks like crap. Hopefully, it will look better with the shoes and wig.

AND I CAN'T FIND MY WARAJII!! I looked everywhere for them and it's liked they poofed to Narnia or something! Rukia can't be barefoot! She's too noble for that! This con's gonna blow. Just once, just once, I'd like to do a con right.

when I cosplayed Souji from the Shinsengumi a few years ago, I didn't have waraji either. So I used regular flipflops with white socks and it worked just as well :)

and I'm sure your hinata jacket looks just fine. Artists always are critical of what they do. Hell, all of the stuff I do I always say looks horrible because I know where I made mistakes, but then everyone says it looks good and I can never see it, so I'm sure it looks fine. :)

kojirojames2004
09-24-2009, 10:20 AM
After 12 noon today (9/24), it'll be hours...

ZFandKILover
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
...Hidan is perfect....other then my eyes and the no scythe, i well be doing him only Friday...possibly saturday but most likely not.

O.ObsessedO.O
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I hate my art skillz. I have none! My poor Nel mask is awful! (plus it doesn't even fit. . .) Seriously my mom always goes with the smallest amount. I barely had enough fabric. So, main point I would forever my grateful if someone would lend me a Nel mask. Yeah, I'm gonna be there super early. I'll be on the subway at like 3:30 in the damn morning Staurday or I'll go up Friday night. OMG, IT'S TOMORROW!!!

Rainie
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
OH GOD! It's 2mrw x_x Just got m zipper today so I should be able to make my Aries to 90% tonight!!

I'm so not ready still ;_;

Fearless
09-24-2009, 11:33 PM
come on...... people who are going to tell how many hours
left i am confused and lost. All hope is on you guys
ha ha ha oh..... well..... i am still coming only on saturday.
i am hoping to make my hair as perfect as possible
and some other stuff i have troubles. i actually never worried to
be perfect like that what is making it worst it is my first one (con ) lol

Zetchi
09-24-2009, 11:49 PM
See you guys in several hours..

Fearless
09-25-2009, 12:16 AM
yeahh!!!!!!! it is friday have fun everyone who is going today
k i am falling asleep. Can not stay awake. noooooo pl noooo
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz pshhhhhhh zzzzzzzz

Ballad of the Fool
09-25-2009, 06:40 AM
D8
SIX HOURS LEFT. 8D
And I still to have decide which of my costumes I'm wearing. D;

kojirojames2004
09-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Actually, less than six hours for you. It's almost four hours...

Aqua's Rhapsody
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
My Yuna costume is ready for today. I still have finishing touches to put on Chii before and after the con today so it is ready for tomorrow [and practice our skit more boo]

O.ObsessedO.O
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
40 minutes but i'm not gonna be there cuz my mom's mean. i'm sick today anyway T^T so when you see me tomorrow i'll be sniffling like crazy.

kojirojames2004
09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh it's on like Donkey Kong now!

iiWest
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
@,@ I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow ;w;