PDA

View Full Version : NYAF Apple Kissa Maid Cafe

_Kita
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi all. This thread is dedicated to the maid cafe. We're going to have a bunch of games and events this year, and we hope you'll participate and have fun! While we understand very fully that the last two years weren't the best, they were our first two years and we were still trying to get a feel for what we were doing. This year we have more trial and error on our side, more maids and butlers, and MUCH more space! We even have our own stage. :) If you have ANY suggestions on how to improve the cafe or any events you want to see, please tell us. This is for you, the attendees.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND that we cannot serve food. This is purely for entertainment purposes. It's not that NYAF doesn't want us to. They very much do! However, the Javits Center has strict rules about serving, therefore leaving us unable to do so. :(

Now, onto the events planned!

FRIDAY
*2:30pm-- Anime Jeopardy. 2 teams of 4 will compete.
3:10pm-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Nana!
5:30pm-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Seiko!
6:00pm-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Chibi!

SATURDAY
*12:15pm-- Cosplay Contest. 15 contestants. All ages!
1:00pm-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Hikari!
*3:45pm-- Cosplay Checkers. All ages!

SUNDAY
11:00am-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Kita!
*11:20am-- Karaoke Contest. 8 contestants. 3 judges will determine the winners. Songs NO LONGER than 3 minutes and 30 seconds. All ages!
2:00pm-- Dating Game. 3 contestants will answer questions and compete to win a date with Hitomi! 17 and under ONLY.
*2:30pm-- Anime Jeopardy. 2 teams of 4 will compete.

EVERY DAY random games of Jan-Ken-Pon, Red Light Green Light and others!
All contest and game winners will receive a prize.

* All events marked with an asterick (*) is available for pre-reg. This is HIGHLY encouraged. All particpants should show up 20 minutes prior to the event they wish to participate in. If you fail to show up your spot will be replaced. If you'd like to pre-register for an event now, please fill in the following and email it to NYAFMamasan@hotmail.com:

Name:
Event you are pre-reg'ing for (checkers/karaoke/both):
Checkers cosplay character and series:
Song (for karaoke contest):
AIM or Yahoo screen name:
Email address:
Picture:

*mik0 muffin !
08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
D: Aww...why is karaoke contest Sunday morning? I'd so wanted to participate =T. Ah well.....

iiWest
08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
D: Aww...why is karaoke contest Sunday morning? I'd so wanted to participate =T. Ah well.....

Same D: The Tunnel To Towers Run is Sunday Morning D:;; can't get to NYAF until probably 1/2

_Kita
08-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Not to fret! We'll have time in between events. Just come up to me and tell me you want to sing. It may not be a contest, but it'll give you stage time! I'll be the maid with the red bow working all day every day. :) I'm also a redhead and the tallest maid!

*mik0 muffin !
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Aw, that's kind! I'll consider doing that! If so, can we use background music, or would that be too much of a hassle to set up? In any case, I'll be stopping by for sure; it's my first NYAF and I definitely wanna check this out =]

_Kita
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Miko, absolutely you can use background music! If you want, send the file or youtube link to my email (nyafmamasan@hotmail.com) and I can put it on the iPod we're hooking up to the stereo.

mrgetalife
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
In case anyone missed it and does the con participation thing.

*mik0 muffin !
09-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh, thanks! I actually did totally miss Kita's response, somehow..ahaha.